Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Patch news

Patch news

Yes also a way to kick players once you have started the game.I host 8 player games all the time,and so far we have been lucky not to have any jerks in our games,but its bound to happen,and I dont want to have to close the server just because one asshat is messing the game up for everyone.

Dont forget, DECIATED SERVER!!!!! Because, the MP of the game feels so 97 with Dark Forces 2 back in the day of the zone.com

ok, I reinstalled windows, defragged my HDD etz, and now I dont get any crahes anymore

Originally Posted by whoopy91
    ok, I reinstalled windows, defragged my HDD etz, and now I dont get any crahes anymore
    All for this game? WOW, now that's a gamer!

Originally Posted by Tex Vindictive
    When I read that I came to a certain realization. I've been a computer "gamer" since my first computer which was a Commodore Vic-20, back in 1981. Gaming on that machine required programming it yourself first by entering lines of code from a manual. Over the years there have always been the easy plug&play consoles like Colecovision, Intellivision, Atari, NES, etc. But for a long time, gaming on a PC was rarely install&play. There always seemed to be software conflicts, driver conflicts, tweaking, upgrading, troubleshooting, bugs, patches, crashes, and the dreaded system corruption. PC gaming has been more of a hobby than entertainment. You had to get your hands dirty. If you wanted to just play a game that just worked, but suffered inferior graphics and lower resolution on a bigger screen, you bought a console.

Anyway, that's just my walk down memory lane on what it was like to be a true gamer.

Smile

Originally Posted by Evilmonkee
    Anyway, that's just my walk down memory lane on what it was like to be a true gamer.
    Hmmm.. and your not in the OldFartzGaming.com community? What a shame

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    When I read that I came to a certain realization. I've been a computer "gamer" since my first computer which was a Commodore Vic-20, back in 1981. Gaming on that machine required programming it yourself first by entering lines of code from a manual. Over the years there have always been the easy plug&play consoles like Colecovision, Intellivision, Atari, NES, etc. But for a long time, gaming on a PC was rarely install&play. There always seemed to be software conflicts, driver conflicts, tweaking, upgrading, troubleshooting, bugs, patches, crashes, and the dreaded system corruption. PC gaming has been more of a hobby than entertainment. You had to get your hands dirty. If you wanted to just play a game that just worked, but suffered inferior graphics and lower resolution on a bigger screen, you bought a console.

Vic-20. Now those were the days. Spiders of Mars! Very true but even though not the graphics we have today they still worked and worked well.

I've been a computer "gamer" since my first computer which was a Commodore Vic-20, back in 1981. Gaming on that machine required programming it yourself first by entering lines of code from a manual.
    Yeah, i'm an old Apple II user from back in the day (ummm 1979). Maybe some of you might remember Heathkits.

Patch the Patch

Keir, Please have them patch the major game issues first.

These are the bugs I have encountered so far. When launching the game after inserting the game DVD The game will not launch. If I click on the desktop Icon for the game it will launch no problems. The Xbox 360 Controler for the PC with current drivers for the controler has no rumble effect while in game. Battlestations Midway seems to interfear with my screen saver/power settings for windows XP. After playing a game my screen saver will not go on untill I reset it and my power setting revert to "Never Turn off monitor" and I have to reset my previous power settings "turn off monitor after 30 min's"
    The last bug is the strangest one. I have just been turning my monitor off when not using my computer to avoid damaging my LCD.

I have stoped playing the game becuase I sometimes forget to reset my screen saver or turn off my monitor after playing Battlestations Midway. It keeps messing with my screen saver/power settings! Please fix this! I have seen other posts reporting the smae problem.!

yep played my first star trek game on 1
    learned northstar basic on it

Yeah, i'm an old Apple II user from back in the day (ummm 1979). Maybe some of you might remember Heathkits.
    Beastttt
    (Knotworking for a better tomorrow)
    The Bell of St.Ives (Sir John Perrot best customer at the Bell RPFS)
    The Royal Order of the Tudor Rose(Sir John Perrot Vice Admiral to the Seas of South Wales,Ireland and points West NCRF)
    Brutal Harmony/Ice Cream Social/Last Call (have no idea where that tenor came from I sing bass)

Well, I'm about to do the same on my system since I'm encountering Graphical and sound problems in games @ general. But BS:M beats to it that my sound goes totally corrupt no matter what setting I use! As I do know I've got a LOT of junk of my system in several non-standard "You're allowed to delete this file" folders.

But if the sound problems remain, be sure Keir will know about it
    . =VTF= - Virtual Task Force
    Recruiting for Battlestations Midway in the EU. contact me for more info.
    . Proud Hoster off: =VTF= Euro Full -- 4v4 -- Retail!
    (Stationed in Belgium @ 6Mbps/600Kbps)

Now kick But and leave yer toenails!

While we are on the subject my first computer was a speccy 48k rubber keyboard job that I ended up taking to bits and turning into a spectrum +, after that it was the 128k version with the built on tape machine. Anyway for a patch yes I would love to clear up the server issues as I can connect to start with but then get booted fom the system and have trouble relogging on however I would also like to see an offline skirmish mode as well as I think the single player missions are a little short, that said I really like the game as it is different from all the other base build R.T.S's out there.

wel, thank you if you dont mean it in a nerdy way

@Keir

hope it will be more fixed, as only GameSpy and Netcode.

these is not all!

Originally Posted by Dyn
    hope it will be more fixed, as only GameSpy and Netcode.
    Like Keir said, the patch includes these fixes which means there'll be more fixes included.

To Keir:
    Perhaps, to support clans, add a field where you can define/add a clantag which shows in front of the name. In this way, we dont have to register a new gamespy account with the tag included and it is easy for those who had been kicked from clans to modify the tag.
    . =VTF= - Virtual Task Force
    Recruiting for Battlestations Midway in the EU. contact me for more info.
    . Proud Hoster off: =VTF= Euro Full -- 4v4 -- Retail!
    (Stationed in Belgium @ 6Mbps/600Kbps)

Now kick But and leave yer toenails!

If they dont fix the crashes Eidos will be getting a piece of my mind!

Originally Posted by imnotcanadian
    Will the demo be patchable?
    Honestly if I were the developer I would intentionally make the full version incompatible with the demo so not even the one map the demo has would be cross playable (e.g. demo owners would only be able to play with other demo owners)
    This is mostly to make sure the DEMO exists only for it's purpose: to provide an opportunity to TRY the game.

Besides since the game is out I think the most useful thing would be to issue a simple single-player demo with one mission in it and that's it.
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

a skirmish mode would be really nice in that new patch as well, if you guys could put it in, im finding that it gets pretty dull after all the missions are done.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update, it's nice to know you're working on one. I've done my part by submitting a list of every bug and important missing features to Eidos Support that I had found since the Demo release and also while playing the full game.

I've only just subscribed to this forum, as I was mostly posting on the BSM forum @ www.gamespot.com since the Demo came out, and seeing all the posts from people that had trouble with the game (mostly network/router/firewall related) and dissed the game because of this made me sad. If you don't mind, I will post a link to this Thread on the Gamespot forums to reassure the community there and let them know you're working on it! And also... to let them know about this forum!

Thanks a bunch!
    BlackLotus
    Gamespy ID: Ticker | Gamespot ID: Ehxo

also please fix the sounds.

Excellent game totally lovethe level of detail wrapped in a nice playable package cant say that ive had any problems at all with the game it seems ive been lucky. After this patch for the MP is there any plans for a sizeable patch to add new maps maybe new challenges also or the games gonna loose its lifespan rather rapidly.

Anyways keep up the good work fella's

Single Player Crash

I was thirlled about the concept of this game and saw good reviews on IGN but I have been unable to play because of crashes even in the single player mode. Where can I get support. I have a new top notch machine and have never had problems with BF2, etc. I am running Vista now (is this an issue?) Please advise where I can get support.

Break

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    vista does have issues eps if you have an Nvidia card. Seems the drivers are the issue for many people.

<TIPS> Running a dx diagnostic and updating drivers.

Originally Posted by whoopy91
    yeah, sure here it is :
    I hope you find something

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/6/2007, 17:39:48
    Machine name: CENTURION
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/28/06 13:01:45 Ver: 08.00.12
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Page File: 527MB used, 3412MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: The file d3d9d.dll is a debug version, which will run slower than the retail version.
    Display Tab 1: The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Sound Tab 1: The file P17.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

In case your still having trouble with game crashes...
    Hopefully this will fix yours and other people's problems. A real helpful thing to self check is to go to Start/Run and type in "dxdiag" without quotes and "save all information" to a text file you can open. At the top you'll see what it finds that is usually the culprit of driver and game conflicts. Look at the part I quoted above to see what to look for in the file. You can safely ignore the rest of the file for now.
    You have the latest DirectX installed but your using an old directx file somehow. Your also using old Audigy and Nvidia drivers.

I recommend downloading the latest drivers for sound http://soundblaster.com/support/

and the latest Nvidia driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html
    and last get the latest DirectX again since you have an old debug file loaded.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

If your an ATI user go to http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html to check your version against the latest posted driver.

I would go get DriverCleaner 3 and run it after uninstalling your old drivers and rebooting into safe mode. Select the brand card(s) you have and click clean. After rebooting back to windows run the install for the new drivers.

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last