Thread: "Press any key to start" bug

"Press any key to start" bug

"Press any key to start" bug

Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but I have a weird bug that does not allow me to start any single player missions by pressing any key. No matter what key I press, I cannot start the single player mission. The ONLY way I have found to start a game is to alt-tab and then again alt-tab back to the game.

Moderators and anyone else...PLEASE respond.

Originally Posted by unurkan
    Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but I have a weird bug that does not allow me to start any single player missions by pressing any key. No matter what key I press, I cannot start the single player mission. The ONLY way I have found to start a game is to alt-tab and then again alt-tab back to the game.

Clicking the left mouse button works for me.

Nope, tried it. Nothing works except alt-tab. Mods, please help?

Smile try this..

Originally Posted by unurkan

Uninstall the game. Get the Diskeeper Lite Disk Defragmenter(its free). Defrag your C Drive. Turn off AntiVirus when installing anything. Reinstall game. I would be willing to bet allot of these problems are due to poor system Maintenance.

Ever hear of Tuneup Utilities 2007? Now you have, try it aswell. Run Disk cleanup, delete everything. Run Registry Cleaner, delete everything. 1000 error's?

I have a similar error at the loading screen except whenever I hit a key... it freezes and then I get a blue screen for about 5 seconds. followed by the computer resetting.. Anyone know what's the problem? I've uninstalled it and defragged and installed it again to no avail..

Originally Posted by chewbeeb
    I have a similar error at the loading screen except whenever I hit a key... it freezes and then I get a blue screen for about 5 seconds. followed by the computer resetting.. Anyone know what's the problem? I've uninstalled it and defragged and installed it again to no avail..
    I have EXCATLY the same problem, althrough I dont get a blue schreen

Left clicking the mouse works on all 3 of my systems the game is running on.

If your using any kind of cordless mouse (Intel mouse,ect) try updating those drivers or using a regular mouse. Are you guys using the default controls in the game? (no re-mapping).

Originally Posted by Von Smeed
    Left clicking the mouse works on all 3 of my systems the game is running on.

If your using any kind of cordless mouse (Intel mouse,ect) try updating those drivers or using a regular mouse. Are you guys using the default controls in the game? (no re-mapping).

Not using a cordless mouse and I'm using the default controls... I have no idea why it keeps doing this... I want to play =(...

[edit] By the way, left clicking doesn't work for me either incase someone was going to recommend that.. [/edit]

In my (very limited) experiance, these hangs are caused when the game tries to start up the 3d engine, so check you graphics card drivers etc