Thread: install error 1305

install error 1305

install error 1305

just bought the dvd from EB today, so there should be no reason for a read error, but the following interupts the install every time:

Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Battlestations Midway\gui\texture\frontend\fe_missionfoto_am6_3.t ga. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers!

Possibility that you have a Bad DVD, or your DVD drive is on the way out.
    Try to install it on another PC, If it works your DVD drive is on the way out, If it does not work then take it back to EB and get another one.

thanks Col.Falcon.

brand new LG H22N, so it should be fine, and the dvd itself appears to be ok.. hmm..

meh, i'll try a few more things, and if not, back to EB it goes.

Admin

Sorry you are having a problem. Are you running WinXP? Do you have administrator rights? You probably already thought of this but I didn't see it posted, so I thought maybe it's worth mentioning. Good luck.

Originally Posted by jitterbug
    thanks Col.Falcon.

brand new LG H22N, so it should be fine, and the dvd itself appears to be ok.. hmm..

meh, i'll try a few more things, and if not, back to EB it goes.
    Brand new unfortunately doesnt mean a thing. After building systems for years for a retail store, I've seen stuff go bad right out of the box after only a few days, or be DOA

Trying a different PC is the only thing you need to do to pinpoint your issue

Have you disabled antivirus scanners, antispyware, antispam, ect before installing? These can cause the installation to "hang" or error messages like the one your recieving. You could also try disabling virtual drives.
    Try to install the game on another PC to make sure it's not a bad DVD.

I am getting similar errors but I think it may have to do with the copy protection. I can read/access everything on the disk except for "key" files.