Thread: Cool downloading it

Cool downloading it

Cool downloading it

From Direct Drive $39.99

Cant wait to start playing the whole version!

I never used D2D services (I used Steam and EA downloader).

Please after you download share your experiences

- Can you download on PC 1 and transfer the files on PC 2?

- Can you play with people who bought hard copy? When M2TW was released on D2D there was a MAJOR screwup whereby D2D customers could not play MP with people who bought hard copy (which were in majority).

etc.

Originally Posted by Samsonov
    I never used D2D services (I used Steam and EA downloader).

Please after you download share your experiences

- Can you download on PC 1 and transfer the files on PC 2?

- Can you play with people who bought hard copy? When M2TW was released on D2D there was a MAJOR screwup whereby D2D customers could not play MP with people who bought hard copy (which were in majority).

etc.
    Now you are getting me worried!! It downloaded this night and should be in now. Was about 3,5 hours for 5.1 Gb.

Now at work so will test tonight.

What do you mean with "and transfer the files on PC 2?" If I can use same copy on other computer or?

Originally Posted by ErikNL
    What do you mean with "and transfer the files on PC 2?" If I can use same copy on other computer or?
    Yes, can you transfer it. In Steam, you make legal backup on PC1, burn the files on DVD and automatically install "into" Steam on another PC (PC2).

Of course, Steam allows you to be logged on from only one PC at any given time so you can have as many copies on as many PCs you want but only one is "playable" at any given time.

EA Link is not so user friendly as Steam and uses different authorization system but it is possible to download on PC1 and install on PC2.

I ask this for one very simple reason - I love making huge downloads on my PC at work - I leave it to DL 5 gigs overnight so that it does not hog my bandwidth at home PC (where I play)

I don't know about you, but I prefer to have the nice and shiny DVD case and manual (or lack of manual) Also, $40 is crazy, it should be half price considering that their are no packaging costs whatsoever and the bandwidth for it is quite low.

I expected too find a pirate here, but guess im wrong

I've used D2D for a lot of games (about 8 total) and have never had any issues with any of them. You get an executable file that you download that extracts the files that are found on the installation CD/DVD. You can either burn the actual download file or you can burn the extracted files to a DVD if you'd like.

At first when D2D came out, there were a lot of issues with the D2D version compared to the retail version. Many times when a patch was released, you needed a seperate patch for the D2D version than the retail patch. But, now that D2D has been around awhile, the D2D version is usually the same exact version you get in the store.

Most of the time (not all the time) with releases on D2D now, the same anti-piracy software that is used on the retail version is used for the D2D version. So you get a CD-Key from D2D and it is the same type of CD-key that you'd get with a retail version. In otherwords, if you can install the game on multiple PC's with the retail version, but not be able to play MP due to CD-key restrictions, then you will be able to install the D2D version on multiple PC's, but not be able to play MP as well.

That's been my experience with D2D.

Installing it right now... until now worked perfectly..

I have seen a pirate version around, but want to play it online of course..

I dont really need the shiny DVD box as I only read manuals at most once and I am not very good in keeping my DVD's and CD's scratch free anyway!

And considering it is not available in EU yet, I consider 39,99 reasonable, as the EUR currency is pretty good now! Besides that mostly in stores here it will be like 40 or 50 Euros