Thread: Naval Academy -- Bad News

Naval Academy -- Bad News

Naval Academy -- Bad News

I never could fly planes. So I can't get past that part of the tutorial where you have to shoot down three targets. Why doesn't the academy "open up" so you can select what training you want to do? This really bums me out.

if you cant beat training then you cant play the game. u suck man, no offense, but thats probably the easiest part of the game. im guessing you havent played the demo.

Right

No DEMO because I just like single player! You don't HAVE to fly planes to play this game, just to get through the stupid academy! No "single" player is going to try and control ALL of this stuff at once, but much of it can be automatic and you can concentrate on what you want. May I just want to play with my subs, or my BB! Can't train on subs though cause they come AFTER planes. Yeah, and I do suck with flying planes. I lost track of how many times I got killed, I know only twice did I even get in position where I could "see" the parachuting targets!

I stand by my statement -- it is a dumb tutorial system that doesn't let you try any one you want. Sure, when you complete one you can repeat it RIGHT THEN, but not when you go back into the game later -- except creating a whole new profile and starting back at square one, which still won't get you to the subs!

Why don't you just stop whining and try to learn how to fly the planes proficiently? In the time that you spent typing your post, you could of got a good grasp on how to fly the planes, also the planes really arn't that hard to fly.

By the way, why do you only play singleplayer? I thought those people only existed in the mid nineties and on the last generation of consoles. There is no replay value at all in singleplayer..

buy an analog gamepad. it can makes flying plane much easier.

Originally Posted by FusionC5
    Why don't you just stop whining and try to learn how to fly the planes proficiently? In the time that you spent typing your post, you could of got a good grasp on how to fly the planes, also the planes really arn't that hard to fly.

By the way, why do you only play singleplayer? I thought those people only existed in the mid nineties and on the last generation of consoles. There is no replay value at all in singleplayer..
    What s stupid thing to say.not every one wants to play on line..punk buster hacks oh and my favourite (omgg i fking Pwned u noob) etc plague online gaming.Nothing wrong with a good sp game .At least people went outside in the ninties

Practice, practice and practice. That's all I can say.
    You can practise with your mouse, j-stick or g-pad

I'm roughly flying around with my g-pad and do fine/specific aiming with my mouse. This combo works great for me for the time beeing that I'm able to get me a decent j-stick again.

I dont know, but a lot of WW2 games had some flying stuff around.
    . =VTF= - Virtual Task Force
    Recruiting for Battlestations Midway in the EU. contact me for more info.
    . Proud Hoster off: =VTF= Euro Full -- 4v4 -- Retail!
    (Stationed in Belgium @ 6Mbps/600Kbps)

Now kick But and leave yer toenails!

Originally Posted by kezza
    What s stupid thing to say.not every one wants to play on line..punk buster hacks oh and my favourite (omgg i fking Pwned u noob) etc plague online gaming.Nothing wrong with a good sp game .At least people went outside in the ninties
    Shhh, your console is waiting for you.

You must get bored of a game very quickly if you're so narrowminded to only play SP. Can you form a team with bots from a singleplayer game and use overwhelming teamwork to beat the enemy? No, I thought not. When you play with your team/clan, it makes gaming 100x better.

Because everyone are exactly like you Fusion?

Sheesh, it has been a while since I've met someone as full of himself as you.

Originally Posted by Omaster
    Because everyone are exactly like you Fusion?

Sheesh, it has been a while since I've met someone as full of himself as you.
    I'm full of myself just because I think it's crazy to buy a game just for singleplayer? Correct me if I'm wrong but a singleplayer game usualy lasts 10 hours, and a game costs about £30/$55 (?) so you're paying £3/$5.5 per hour to play the game, is that worth it? I'd rather pay £30 for a game and play it online for months, I dunno, maybe I'm just nuts?

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    90 minute movie cost between 6 - 9 dollars in the theater

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Touche.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Yes, but you still have to buy popcorn and drinks... I actually spend about 15 euro's when i go to the movie with friends o.O

How do you find your MMO gaming experience with the consoles?

First of all, you don't have to do the academy to play the single player game. The academy is to familiarize yourself with the game and controls. Just jump right into the single player if that is your thing. Bad news for your though, there are some missions where you MUST fly the aircraft. Good luck.

Originally Posted by lpjd
    Bad news for your though, there are some missions where you MUST fly the aircraft. Good luck.
    Yeah, the MP map "Superiority for *forgot the last part of the name*" is really cool, you can only control 1 unit, which is a fighter plane. It's a really cool map, you really get the sense of a proper air battle, the dogfights are pretty intense once you get used to the controls. I just wish my joystick worked with it..

Like you I like SP better to. I like the story and the rewards of CG cut sceens. I didn't start doing online gaming until my late 20's with the BF series. Slowly it has been growing on me. And sometimes when I want to just pickup a game instead of getting involved in the story again a quick on-line battle answers my call.

So, I would suggest once you learn the controls to try on-line battles at least once. Ignore the jackasses who call you a noob. I had some guy call me one 2. The thing is I was a noob it was my first time playing the game. It's ok man, don't take it to heart and do you best, and learn.

As for planes, they are difficult to fly with the mouse. If you have a gamepad use that 1st. Joystick Second. If not go to the Option menu, and controls, and remap the controls alla Wing COmmander Style using the Numpad to control your plane. Keep at it. I am sure you'll be an ace in no time.

Also you should not take everything people post so personally. There is some good advise if you read between the lines and ingnore insults like stupid

Good Gaming and enjoy! I hope 2 see you one day get over your thinking about online gaming like I did and play it before judging how others will treat you. Cause the guys here are right, It does expand the life of a game, and it's fun.

BTW- I only played HL2 SP. I disliked Counter-Strike cause I sucked so much.

Thanks, Ibra

(and a few others). Yeah, the keyboard is not the best machine for flying a plane . I know my original post didn't come out exactly what I had in mind. Let me try and restate my "real" complaint with the tutorial: The fact that you just can't go to ANY piece of it and replay it at your leisure. So, if my little ole plane can never shoot down those little ole parachute targets, I will never get to see the rest of the tutorial. Furthermore, if I would just like to go back and run, for exasmple, the Tactical Map tutorial, I have to start all the way back to the beginning and work my way through to that point. I just think this is a dumb way to have it. I realize that SOMETIMES one needs the knowledge gained at a certain time, before one can be expected to grasp something further along. That, however, does not appear to be the case here.

(Finally, I have played a number of "on-line" games, always of the RPG variety. And yeah, you meet all kinds!)

Originally Posted by Rik81
    So, if my little ole plane can never shoot down those little ole parachute targets, I will never get to see the rest of the tutorial.
    This is wrong, I jumped up to the Sub tute, then back to the plane tute's. Theres a page that shows all the tute's, hover the mouse over each one to view it, then highlight it and click. You can run the same tute over and over again.

Thanks--

Originally Posted by antiSniper07
    This is wrong, I jumped up to the Sub tute, then back to the plane tute's. Theres a page that shows all the tute's, hover the mouse over each one to view it, then highlight it and click. You can run the same tute over and over again.
    "They" could of explained that somewhere. However, because you stated it, I "moused around" and figured it out. Duh. Too used to how every other game I've played that had "tutorials" did it I guess. Must be a Hungarian thing .