Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Full version bug report

Full version bug report

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander

Full version bug report

Cut sceens and the audio during the cutscene stutter (stop and start). Hitting escape to skip the sceen works and the actually gameplay has no issue. Once I got to the first air flight (revenge for pearl) I lost all audio.
    I am thinking it may have to do with Blink that someone posted earlier. I will see if that works when I find the thread.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
    System Model: MS-7100
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Page File: 360MB used, 2100MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 6800 GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F9&SUBSYS_025410DE&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: LG FLATRON L1720P(Digital)
    Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9147 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 8/11/2006 20:42:52, 4496128 bytes

in the demo verison, i noticed that the "Eidos" title video is a little stutter at the end. but the background video is fine. and i have the newest Blink installed.

here is a bug in the Windows system timer code when running on some AMD CPUs. The easiest way to work around it is to edit your c:\boot.ini file with Notepad, and add the switch "/usepmtimer" (without the quotes) onto the end of the Windows lines under the [operating systems] section, and then reboot.
    Done and I still get the issue.

This is what I have now.

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
    Does this look correct?

Umm.. I can't seem to find any games being hosted that are the full version. All I see are the demo games being hosted??? Why is that?? Oh and I still can't host a game.. Have even tried DMZ but still says I need to open port 6500 whatever..

Crash to Desktop when hitting JOIN or Refresh in the Lan section

Description: After going to the LAN game section, as soon as the player hits JOIN Server, the game crashes to desktop. The person never gets to the server list. The same thing occurs if nobody is hosting and the person get to the server list (nothing is there of course), waits for someone to host, and then presses refresh.

Wow, this is bad. The one guy that can get past join crashes when he hits refresh.

Further Digging:
    - This appears to be related to the host. This only occurred for us when we had a person hosting a Lan game.

Repro:
    1. Start up game.
    2. Have someone host a LAN game
    3. On another machine, go to Multiplayer
    4. Go to LAN Game
    5. Click on Join Server

Result: Game crashes to desktop.

We have tried this with different combinations of 5 different machines with a variety of setups over a very nice LAN setup. We played the demo just fine, but the full version has this issue for everyone.

Wow, I was bummed I couldn't get the demo to work ...I'm glad I didn't shell out any cash for this load of...

I expect one or two bugs with games that have gone "gold" since producers expect to get a return on their investments ASAP, and a patch or two can add "polish" to a good product. But to see a poorly implemented demo and retail release in this day and age of game development is asking for a fast track to the bargain bin. I suppose if I see it there for ten bucks someday I might check it out then.

Adios

Originally Posted by Leadslinger
    Wow, I was bummed I couldn't get the demo to work ...I'm glad I didn't shell out any cash for this load of...

I expect one or two bugs with games that have gone "gold" since producers expect to get a return on their investments ASAP, and a patch or two can add "polish" to a good product. But to see a poorly implemented demo and retail release in this day and age of game development is asking for a fast track to the bargain bin. I suppose if I see it there for ten bucks someday I might check it out then.

Adios
    I agree...I REALLY regret buying the PC version. No wonder it was price like a value title ($10 cheaper than most PC games). I have never had to worry about port forwarding for PC games in that last 5 years to play or host online games. Now this?

The main reason I bought this was to play LAN games with friends. And that CRASHES?! ug...

Originally Posted by Leadslinger

Adios
    Short memories. HL2 was messed up and many people couldnt even get the game to run because of steam and conflicts with certain systems but I digress. This thread is for posting issues. I am sorry you won't be enjoying this game because it really is a fun game but your post doesnt really belong in this thread.

Originally Posted by justin3d
    I agree...I REALLY regret buying the PC version. No wonder it was price like a value title ($10 cheaper than most PC games). I have never had to worry about port forwarding for PC games in that last 5 years to play or host online games. Now this?

The main reason I bought this was to play LAN games with friends. And that CRASHES?! ug...
    Details please.

Demo players can join games hosted by full version owners. This is resulting in people having a hard time getting games started. There is no way to tell the difference between a demo game and a full version game if the host doesnt name the game saying which it is. Then if a person uses quick join they can still end up in the wrong type server. This is about the dumbest mistake I have seen in a game in a long time.

How do you password protect a game?

How do you kick players?

Tonight we had a jerk who had the demo version and would not leave, and nobody knew how to kick him. We all left and the host remade the game, but of course the j@ck@ass joined again and refused to leave. It took us nearly 30 minutes just to get a game going.

My wireless logitech rumble pad2 doesn't work with this game.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Details please.
    Did you look up the page? I posted this after posting a detailed bug report of what is going on.

I see it know. Sorry. I was half asleep when I posted the Q.

I'll give you $20 for it. PM me.

Originally Posted by ScottWAR
    Demo players can join games hosted by full version owners. This is resulting in people having a hard time getting games started. There is no way to tell the difference between a demo game and a full version game if the host doesnt name the game saying which it is. Then if a person uses quick join they can still end up in the wrong type server. This is about the dumbest mistake I have seen in a game in a long time.

How do you password protect a game?

How do you kick players?

Tonight we had a jerk who had the demo version and would not leave, and nobody knew how to kick him. We all left and the host remade the game, but of course the j@ck@ass joined again and refused to leave. It took us nearly 30 minutes just to get a game going.
    Well to kick a player is rather simple. But you can not be in the chat when you do this. You will need to "Tab" out of chat and the Highlight the player to be kicked. then Press "Del" on your keyboard.

I have not seen anything yet for creating a private game.

Bugs

These are the bugs I have encountered so far. When launching the game after inserting the game DVD The game will not launch. If I click on the desktop Icon for the game it will launch no problems. The Xbox 360 Controler for the PC with current drivers for the controler has no rumble effect while in game. Battlestations Midway seems to interfear with my screen saver/power settings for windows XP. After playing a game my screen saver will not go on untill I reset it and my power setting revert to "Never Turn off monitor" and I have to reset my previous power settings "turn off monitor after 30 min's"
    The last bug is the strangest one. I have just been turning my monitor off when not using my computer to avoid damaging my LCD.

Found one

I was playing with the Yamato and firing the big guns at a US Carrier. Even though the guns showed green half way up the side of the target, the shells did no damage untill I was real close. So the expected range wasn't there. Multiplayer too

Have the same problem.

I'm having the same problem with my LAN. Of the two PC's I've tried it on, if either one attempts to join a game server hosted on the other, the joining game crashes to the desktop.

I've also tried hosting a LAN over the internet using a VPN. It worked just fine with the demo, but not with the retail as it crashed in a similar fashion.

Crash to Desktop when hitting JOIN or Refresh in the Lan section

Description: After going to the LAN game section, as soon as the player hits JOIN Server, the game crashes to desktop. The person never gets to the server list. The same thing occurs if nobody is hosting and the person get to the server list (nothing is there of course), waits for someone to host, and then presses refresh.

Wow, this is bad. The one guy that can get past join crashes when he hits refresh.

Further Digging:
    - This appears to be related to the host. This only occurred for us when we had a person hosting a Lan game.

Repro:
    1. Start up game.
    2. Have someone host a LAN game
    3. On another machine, go to Multiplayer
    4. Go to LAN Game
    5. Click on Join Server

Result: Game crashes to desktop.

We have tried this with different combinations of 5 different machines with a variety of setups over a very nice LAN setup. We played the demo just fine, but the full version has this issue for everyone.

Patch

Originally Posted by zycore
    These are the bugs I have encountered so far. When launching the game after inserting the game DVD The game will not launch. If I click on the desktop Icon for the game it will launch no problems. The Xbox 360 Controler for the PC with current drivers for the controler has no rumble effect while in game. Battlestations Midway seems to interfear with my screen saver/power settings for windows XP. After playing a game my screen saver will not go on untill I reset it and my power setting revert to "Never Turn off monitor" and I have to reset my previous power settings "turn off monitor after 30 min's"
    The last bug is the strangest one. I have just been turning my monitor off when not using my computer to avoid damaging my LCD.
    Hey Chip any word on when we can expect a patch?

Weekends are usually a slow news day I will keep my ears open and see if i hear anything.

Not to sure if its a bug or not,maybe its just operator error,but some of us were noticing tonight that when you give your unit an 'order' like to a waypoint,or an objective,and when you go back to that unit to say check on it or what ever,you leave it again,somehow the ship goes back on some strange auto pilot that has nothing to do with what you told it to do in the first place.

Two Issues

#1: Already mentioned, but when I put the CD in I can't start the game from the screen that loads after inserting the CD. I have to close it and start from the start menu bar in XP home. If I try to load it from the opening screen it locks up the computer.

#2: It won't work with any of my controllers. I tried to set it up for them and it always comes out backwards. Instead of the pitch up it goes to the throttle. And when I try to set it manually it assigns the same number. One controller (Saitek AV8R-01) comes up all 12's, another sets everything to 1's.

When I try to use the default settings for the controller or any of the "presets" it locks the game up, even with the right controller picked.

The computer BTW is a Celeron 2.93mhz 1.5MB ram

Multiplayer

Hey Dev Team,

Love the game thanks.

My bug report is entirely mulitplayer related. Besides having serious lag issues periodically (likely a little my network and a little the game i think) and some menu critques (ie too simple not enough options) for multiplayer, my main issues are / is that my computer tends to freeze exiting battles, whether I quit or the host disconnects or quits. I would say that this is the majority of the time at least 2/3rds. If the game finishes to a win or loss and I can review the stats and hit ok, then I have no problems and it loads back to the lobby. Rarely do I have loading issues when i get to the hosts' lobby and start playing, it is usually on leaving the game once playing. It usually crashes the whole computer unless I can manage to alt tab out and get task manager to end the process. Where it actually freezes is at the end of the loading screen to take you back to the menu or etc... This has been frustrating and mulitplayer takes a lot longer than it should, but due to some other factors out of your control.

Some issues sometimes connecting to hosts, connections dropped or not accpeted and once the server list reloads the host is still there and you can try to connect again. Usually you can reconnect so not a big deal.

One other thing. In regards to the game freezing while at the loading screen to take you back to the menu, when I quit games because they have to much lag and the game freezes I notice that the program freezes but is still transmitting data. If I get task manager to end task I still have to manually kill the battlestation process as its still using my network. Trust me I have been patient and I imagine its code related to porting an X-box game to PC. I really do love the game, so thank you for it.

Beyond the freezing my only other beef is gamespy. I can understand the economics of using them etc... but really... i spent so much time getting my account all sorted out with them and everything BIG thumbs down to gamespy. It used to be okay its really crap now IMHO. It really p* me off and was actually a total waste of time other than I required it to play online, but the gamespy arcade program is useless in conjunction with the actual game and yadda yadda yadda. okay...

System Model: Inspiron 9300
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Description: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

Annoying gun glitch..

a couple of months ago,I pointed out some strange gun glitch that was shown in a video..well its still here

http://home.comcast.net/~operation_phoenix/glitch.avi

Full version fails straight away, will not run at all despite my system being up to spec.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last