Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Full version bug report

Full version bug report

Unhappy unpatched is 1.0 and patched is 1.1

the only solution for now was to uninstall the patched game, and install the original game version again. That works, still quite a few servers, many people not aware yet of the patch, lucky for them .
    Funny thing, if you read the website, you get a number of ports listed that should be open if you are behind a NAT but when I check my open ports with IPTools, the ports are different ones (27900, 28900, 29900, 29901, 13139, 6515, and for hosting 6500, 1042, 2302 are listed, IPTools shows 29900 but the rest are all different). Not that I am behind a NAT, I use cable modem and switch.
    There was a remark on this forum about the patch not offering the choice of where to install it (for example on d: instead of c: drive). That is correct, the patch does not offer that choice. I'm going to install a raid (striping) soon with only 2 drives, I wonder if I will get the same problem, not being able to install the patch due to raid not being called c:. But as long as there is not a new and better patch out, maybe I won't install the patch again anyway.

Graphics Issues

Difficult to get a screenshot of because of the nature of the bug. At first, it appears as though the B-17s have bomb bay doors that flicker between opened and closed. It doesn't do anything to the B-17s, but the same effect occurs in torpedo bombers, only it is their landing gears that flicker between deployed and retracted.

The problem with the Avengers arises when I take control of one. The game becomes jerky and flickers between the game screen and "Please Wait". As a result I can't torpedo bomb anything.

In addition, for some reason I cannot properly remap the periscope controls, and no matter what I set them to my periscope does not rise.

The bomber issue is prevalent in both the campaign and the Academy, and I haven't had the chance to see if the sub issue is in both yet.

EDIT - changing the graphics settings does nothing, as I just reduced everything to its lowest possible setting to no effect

EDIT 2 - Fixed the flickering stuff. Apparently it's due to my dual-core processor attempting to run on both simultaneously. Still having issues with the periscope though. Actually, I'd appreciate it if there was a way to make it run on one processor by default, instead of having to change affinity every time I fire up.

Lately i've been encountering an very annoying bug, and i'll do my best to explain it.

This bug didnt have any specific map where it occurred, but sometimes when i issue one of my ships to follow another one. I jump into this another one's driver's seat and want to set up a formation.

When i open the formation "window", the following ship's position is strangely inside the lead ship. When i try to fix this by changing the formation's position for the #2 ship, my mouse cursor disappears and wont come back until i reboot the whole game..

Also my specs are way above the recommended.

Vista 32 bit
    5.2 GHZ Processor power from dual-core unit going at 2.6 GHZ
    Ati Radeon 3870 HD Graph driver with 512 MT DDR4 memory
    3 GB of Ram memory
    No sound issues so i dont have to add more.

Also if this happens to be a lag issue, i had constantly the green marker for the host, alongside with all other ones.
    But my Net speed is 2MB/1MB ratios, so i doubt it's a lag issue..

I have thoughts that this is a Vista issue.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by W4lt3r89
    Lately i've been encountering an very annoying bug, and i'll do my best to explain it.

This bug didnt have any specific map where it occurred, but sometimes when i issue one of my ships to follow another one. I jump into this another one's driver's seat and want to set up a formation.

When i open the formation "window", the following ship's position is strangely inside the lead ship. When i try to fix this by changing the formation's position for the #2 ship, my mouse cursor disappears and wont come back until i reboot the whole game..

Also my specs are way above the recommended.

Vista 32 bit
    5.2 GHZ Processor power from dual-core unit going at 2.6 GHZ
    Ati Radeon 3870 HD Graph driver with 512 MT DDR4 memory
    3 GB of Ram memory
    No sound issues so i dont have to add more.

Also if this happens to be a lag issue, i had constantly the green marker for the host, alongside with all other ones.
    But my Net speed is 2MB/1MB ratios, so i doubt it's a lag issue..

I have thoughts that this is a Vista issue.

Thank you.
    This happens on 1 or 2 maps.....mainly found it playing from the mushy on subyain....its just 1 of those annoying bugs....only way 2 over come it is to move your 2 dd,s a way from the mushy for a few hundered yards and then create a fleet.

I encountered this bug too. Try going back and forth from the formation screen until it comes back. I HAVE had it come back though, so it's not impossible to fix.

yes that one is known since the beginning i always had to restart BSM to get my mousecursor back

but when you know how it happens you can avoid it like raston said already

-=)CSF(=-Haruna

Page 3 of 3 First First 123