Thread: New article about TR:A

New article about TR:A

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps2/gam...23104045990071

I like a lot of it, but it sounds like the backpack will be very limited.

If it's not ok to post this link, sorry, please delete.

Smile

It sounds good and i like the (SPOILER)
    . I cant wait for this game to come out.

Lara’s tiny backpack - last seen in the Angkor Wat training level of Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation - returns. It holds all her equipment, which has really been scaled back - there’s not a wireless headset or PDA in sight, and the classic Tomb Raider rotating inventory screen also makes a welcome return.
    I definetly like the sound of that .

....a real first for Tomb Raider 1 - some blue sky. Yup, the first game was entirely underground.
    I'm afraid I don't like that, And I didn't like it in the trailer either, sorry if I'm too obsessed with keeping it the same, but one of the whole points of The Lost Valley, was that it was underground! Just like everything else.

There's no single way to get through this level, and it's filled with secret passages, nooks and crannies.
    Very nice! Good to see that we don't have to follow a strict path like in Legend.

Have to admit, overall it does look good, certainly better than Legend. Hoping they put a nextgen mode in for PC!
    Raiding tombs since '95

This is awesome !
    Maby this game will be easy like TRL but I could be very good game !

That looks really good. I'm particularly glad to see that it isn't as linear as Legend was. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun to explore and see what other routes you can take to the end of the level...

And now for my obligatory "Where's the XBox 360 version Eidos..."

Of course the following isn't quite true....

....a real first for Tomb Raider 1 - some blue sky. Yup, the first game was entirely underground.

There were openings in the first few minutes of the original that showed a blue sky.

....And the game itself will also include an unlockable director's commentary featuring Lara's creator, Toby Gard, talking you through the action

Just hope I don't find the key then.

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by dhama View Post

....And the game itself will also include an unlockable director's commentary featuring Lara's creator, Toby Gard, talking you through the action

Just hope I don't find the key then.

Thanks for the link.

YW

I wouldn't want to find that key either.

Now WE just need the Demo to play.

I'll have to dust off the Sega Saturn and play through TR1 again, because I don't remember being able to see sky in a playable portion of TR1.

I may be unique, but I would be one of the fans that would like to hear Toby Gard's thoughts while I played through the game (Not the first time mind you, but the second or third time I played through the game I would).

It was only on FMVs. If you look to the ceiling of the lost valley or the colosseum you'll see they're wide open areas actually, completely untextured, there just wasn't technology to render a sky back then.

Thanks for the confirmation Treeble. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure if I was remembering things incorrectly...

I can tell that Kiss-Bite will be ecstatic about that little bit of new right at the end!

And he'll love these babies too:
    One, and Two

I like, especially about the chafing top- lol, dam good stuff in that article!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider0011 View Post
    I'll have to dust off the Sega Saturn and play through TR1 again, because I don't remember being able to see sky in a playable portion of TR1.

I may be unique, but I would be one of the fans that would like to hear Toby Gard's thoughts while I played through the game (Not the first time mind you, but the second or third time I played through the game I would).
    I would seriously not like having him talking while I am playing the game. I hope that there is a way to prevent him from talking if you find that key and don't want him yakking at you while you try to play the game.

Definately going to be waiting to see what those of you who buy the game have to say about this little detail when you run into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ahimsa View Post
    I would seriously not like having him talking while I am playing the game. I hope that there is a way to prevent him from talking if you find that key and don't want him yakking at you while you try to play the game.
    They wouldn't be quite that stupid, lol. I'm sure it will just be one of these directors commentary's that can be turned on and off at your will, like the one in Half Life 2 Episode 1, it's like any unlockable, something that you can do if you like, eg, the outfits.

But I have to say, I would be interested to hear it, although not first time round, maybe when I replay the game for the second or third time, be interesting. Kinda like listening to the directors commentary on a film, not something you do first time, but something you do later.
    Raiding tombs since '95

Quote Originally Posted by mrcube View Post
    They wouldn't be quite that stupid, lol. I'm sure it will just be one of these directors commentary's that can be turned on and off at your will, like the one in Half Life 2 Episode 1, it's like any unlockable, something that you can do if you like, eg, the outfits.

But I have to say, I would be interested to hear it, although not first time round, maybe when I replay the game for the second or third time, be interesting. Kinda like listening to the directors commentary on a film, not something you do first time, but something you do later.

Ok, I could live with that.

Yeah, I think that would be a nice addition to the game. You can play through the game, then if you so desire you can play through the game with the commentary. It won't be mandatory, just an added bonus. If I had to guess it's unlockable once you beat the game anyway, or find all the secrets....

An audio commentary would definetly make a nice extra feature. Wonder if it'll have a making of documentary and maybe even an emulated port of the first Tomb Raider as some kind of comparison piece?