Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Glad i got an 360

Glad i got an 360

  1. #1

    Glad i got an 360

    Well i just wanted to start a thread that is all about how i feel incredibly lucky i spent the money on an xbox 360 instead of upgrading my pc

    from the looks of it, us xbox owners are getting the easy route for playing BS:M Almost every thread on the pc section is about how it wont work and they arent gonna buy the full version. I have been very satisfied with my 360 demo and am definately going as early as possible on tuesday to purchase the game even though i am a broke college kid who cant afford food

    Sucks to be you computer players
    Loose Lips Sink Ships

  2. #2
    Yep, the 360 rocks but I already got my second 360, the first one had the "ring of death" right after 6 month. Just cool that we have 2 years of warranty here in Germany so I got a new one from MS after just 3 days! The hardware is crap but the system and the games rock!
    t

  3. #3
    yeha same here dude jsut glad i didnt pay lik 2 grand for a gaming computer when i can pay 500$ and have no problem with most games i buy and even getter better games.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by generyx
    Yep, the 360 rocks but I already got my second 360, the first one had the "ring of death" right after 6 month. Just cool that we have 2 years of warranty here in Germany so I got a new one from MS after just 3 days! The hardware is crap but the system and the games rock!
    t
    You're lucky, I got the red ring of death the DAY I brought my baby home.
    "The next world is the true life"

    "She's had it!!"

  5. #5
    ouch that really sucks
    im glad mine hasnt crapped out on me yet but then again ive had my computer crash before too so i cant complain too much
    Loose Lips Sink Ships

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15
    I don't know I'm still happy I am getting it for PC. I don't have any of the problems the other PC users are talking about and I found tons of servers filled with people who love the game. I think what you see on the forums are just the usual group of people who have sub par comps and don't really know how to work around stuff. The people who are not having problems don't really need to post on forums.

    While there are these issues for some I would rather have the PC version because well..mods...I bet someone will make a ww1 mod, or add in tons of new planes, or make a star wars mod or something. That's why I still prefer the PC.

  7. #7
    I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and finally bought a 360. I brought it home, set it up, turned it on. It loaded the little starting movie thing, then i got an error, E 67. Went to xbox support, they said turn of the console, remove hard drive, reconnect hard drive, start console. Really now, how many times does that actually work? After going through the very pointless steps for this issue on xbox support i decided to return it for a new one. I went to Wal-Mart got one right away, set it up and it works just fine, but i didn't get the bonus game like i did with the first one. Well anyways, the important thing is i bought a 360 that works now and i think i downloaded the demo overnight, so look for me in games.

    Gamertag: Liberaror45

  8. #8
    Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,513
    You know though I think the graphics are just a tad better on the PC version.

  9. #9
    I have been running both - PC and 360 demo.

    I run the graphics on the PC at 1600x1200 with everything and it looks better than the 360 in 1080i on a 42" rear projection LDC. I like the connectivity of the 360 versus the PC but I do like mouse and keyboard controls much better on the PC side. The map is fantastic with keyboard and mouse.

  10. #10
    £20 for the PC ver £40 for the Xbox ver. im glad i own a pc (ps i built my own pc top end for £500 so you cant say i spend £3000 on it )

    http://amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_...battlestations

  11. #11
    im pretty sure the 3000 was dollars not pounds but i see your point

    i do have to say that i think map controls are better for pc but i enjoy the using a controller for ship and plane controls over the keyboard and mouse
    Loose Lips Sink Ships

  12. #12
    I can't complain. I love the 360.

    I downloaded the PC demo.... all I get are gamespy connection issues. I can't sign in for some reason (everything about my connection should be fine).

    360 demo..... smooth sailing.


    There are advantages to both sides. So I'm not going to gloat about which is better.

    But I just love sitting on my couch, relaxing in front of a 42" TV..... and not having to hear the hairdryer that is my computer

  13. #13
    Yeah, I've got my CPU fan, PS fan and two case fans. My PC sounds like a jet engine revving up. And it hasn't been upgraded in 4 years! I'm happy with my 360. :^)

    Corvall

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by hragarand
    I have been running both - PC and 360 demo.

    I run the graphics on the PC at 1600x1200 with everything and it looks better than the 360 in 1080i on a 42" rear projection LDC. I like the connectivity of the 360 versus the PC but I do like mouse and keyboard controls much better on the PC side. The map is fantastic with keyboard and mouse.
    Well, there's your problem. Rear Projection TVs are the worst ones in existence. I'd love to play my 360 using my laptop screen, 1920x1200 Truelife display. I also have a Rear Projection, and I regret that purchase every day of my life. I'm considering just getting a 30" LCD monitor and using that for a tv.

  15. #15
    Yeha i saw the demo on a friends wall hung plasma 42" and i almost pooped myself

  16. #16
    yeah ive got a 27 inch tv in my bedroom and it seems huge because my room is only 8 ft wide so i like laying in bed and playing on my 360 instead of hunched over my desk on my 20 inch laptop
    Loose Lips Sink Ships

  17. #17

    Cool

    Originally Posted by colonelklink
    Well i just wanted to start a thread that is all about how i feel incredibly lucky i spent the money on an xbox 360 instead of upgrading my pc

    from the looks of it, us xbox owners are getting the easy route for playing BS:M Almost every thread on the pc section is about how it wont work and they arent gonna buy the full version. I have been very satisfied with my 360 demo and am definately going as early as possible on tuesday to purchase the game even though i am a broke college kid who cant afford food

    Sucks to be you computer players
    Amen to that. Affording food is not for a college kid. Yet explain how I pre-ordered and paid off the game. Only the EB Games in Hagerstown will get it Wednesday But in anycase only 1 freeze in like 35 games so I am happy. Heres to dynamite gaming (literally)on the 360 And heres to me getting something better then a 13"tv to play it on.

  18. #18
    after playing numerous rounds on both Xbox 360 and PC it is my feeling that i would enjoy playing single player on the 360 and playing online on the PC. so far it is 'fun' to play the 360. but the graphics and control of the PC make this game extremely addictive on the PC. i can also see the gaming experience lasting longer on the PC....

    i think i will buy both versions and have the best of both worlds!

  19. #19
    From my experience with both of the demos, I would say that the single player on the PC would be better, because it seems that the graphics have been slightly improved for the PC or just that the camera is moved in closer so more detail is shown, but the multiplayer would be much much better for the 360 as the Gamespy Arcade service is absolutely horrendous as compared to the phenominal Xbox Live support.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    -General George S. Patton

  20. #20
    i got the 360 demo and loved it and i tried to get the demo on my computer it wont even play it and have a decent computer it just freezes up but i did have the 360 demo freeze up on me too but only 2 within the week or so playing it but love the game

  21. #21
    You can't beat this game on the 360 with a 60" Sony A2000 and surround sound. Just awesome. BIG, like battles should be. I can understand where you may get slightly better graphics on a 'good' pc but every time I clamber over here to my PC it all just seems so uninspiring in scale. Many things make a great game....this is a terrific game, and coupled with Xbox Live functionality and a 'nice' TV it's a great experience on the 360.......

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by The_Mi8ty_B0osh
    You can't beat this game on the 360 with a 60" Sony A2000 and surround sound. Just awesome. BIG, like battles should be. I can understand where you may get slightly better graphics on a 'good' pc but every time I clamber over here to my PC it all just seems so uninspiring in scale. Many things make a great game....this is a terrific game, and coupled with Xbox Live functionality and a 'nice' TV it's a great experience on the 360.......
    Amen too that

  23. #23

    Hehehehe.....

    I'm playing it on a 42" 108i LCD, connected via a high end hi fi amp and a pair of Teledyne Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers. You probably haven't heard of them as they from the mid-80's, but they have 4 x 12" bass drivers between them and are regarded as some of the best speakers ever made. 5 feet hight and 180 lbs each..... My battleships sound like battleships.

    Amen to that.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20
    I have a 'gaming rig' PC but I reserve that for simulation type stuff...I use my 360 for sports games and other games. I'm glad I got this for the 360.

  25. #25
    Hurray for 360. I haven't been able to put this game down.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Hi everyone
    By GFunk in forum Tomb Raider 1 - 6 - Gaming Help Center
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd Nov 2004, 21:19
  2. Can you help me?
    By Bluskygirl in forum Thief: Deadly Shadows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th Nov 2004, 21:54
  3. Have I been seen?
    By Kronus in forum Thief: Deadly Shadows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21st Jul 2004, 01:58
  4. can't seem to grab cat walk to kick the bridge
    By brown_sugar39426 in forum Tomb Raider Series General Discussion & Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th Jul 2004, 07:15
  5. A drop in demand for games?
    By dhama in forum Members Lounge (formerly Eidos Community Chat)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 24th Jun 2004, 16:28