Thread: A guide to controls for the p.c

A guide to controls for the p.c

XBOX had the pop up screen which showed controls. I found most of them on the keyboard but a few I couldn't. Using Mouse and keyboard only.

1) I could bring up the pop up for Attack and Orders but once up, I could find no way to seledt either.

2) Unlocking a waypoint on the map. Right clicking was wierd to select. I couldn't erase the waypoint, thought I had a plane selected and sent my carrier right to it's death with no way to change course.

3) Steering a ship.

4) Swithcing betwween AA and main guns on any ship.

Hopefully there is a list somewhere, tried searching forum, saw nothing and nothing in readme.txt

try looking in the settings menu again and STUDY them!

Ok..here are the controls for the DEFAULT settings for the pc..

Print them out and use them as a cheat sheet

General

Selection
    Previous unit F
    Next Unit C
    Previous Formation Q
    Next Formation E

Command
    Command Menu Alt
    Show Map Tab
    Pause P
    Chat T

Air
    Pilot Mode Plane Control
    Pitch Up Mouse Axis Y+
    Pitch Down Mouse Axis Y-
    Roll Left Mouse Axis X-
    Roll Right Mouse Axis X+
    Speed Up W
    Speed Down S
    Rudder Left A
    Rudder Right D
    Fire Mouse Button 1
    Bomb Mode Shift
    Mouselook CTRL

Mouselook Control
    Mouselook Up Mouse Axis Y+
    Mouselook Down Mouse Axis Y-
    Mouselook Left Mouse Axis X
    Mouselook Right Mouse Axis X+

AA Mode Plane Control
    AA Pitch Up W
    AA Pitch Down S
    AA Roll Left A
    AA Roll Right D

Sea/Land/AA
    Gun Control
    Look Up Mouse Axis Y+
    Look Down Mouse Axis Y-
    Look Left Mouse Axis X-
    Look Right X+
    Zoom Toggle Mouse Button 3
    Zoom In Mouse Wheel Up
    Zoom Out Mouse Wheel Down
    Fire Mouse Button 1

Ship Control
    Speed Up W
    Slow Down/Reverse S
    Steer Left A
    Steer Right D
    Repair R

Submarine Control
    Dive C
    Emerge F

Weapon Control
    Weapon:AA 1
    Weapon:Artillery(Ships main guns) 2
    Weapon:Torpedo 3
    Weapon: DC (Depth Charges) 4
    Next Weapon Shift
    Hangar/Flight Deck Shift

Command
    In Game Menu Control
    Menu Up W
    Menu Down S
    Menu Left A
    Menu Right D
    Apply Enter
    Back Backspace

In Game Unit Control
    Jump In X
    Target/Join Mousebutton 2
    Clear Target Space

--------------------------------------------------------------
    These are the main ones.I took screenshots of the controls and wrote them down here verbatim.

I hope this can help some of you out thats as lost as I am.

Originally Posted by Amit9821
    try looking in the settings menu again and STUDY them!
    You must have a different settings menu than I because other than the ship steering, the other 3 items listed above are not shown in the setting s menu.

Try looking at the thread I made for this..Print it out

Well done!
    "The next world is the true life"

"She's had it!!"

Many thanks Phoenix, very much appreciated

F5

thnx phoenix!

Thanks man!

Hope this works:

thank the lord, no more cramping my brain to remember the hotkeys that i dont use lol

also ppl hav been having issues about givin units to other ppl. all u do is middle click and hold over any of your units in the map mode and select which person u want to giv u unit to

Question..when Im in the sub,how do I look through the periscope?

How about raising the subs periscope, I have not been able to find or figure out how to do it. Anyone?

Lightbulb Good Job!

Originally Posted by Keir
    Hope this works:
    Very Good, Thanks Keir!

Also if someone could write a short Tutorial on what to do when entering the game. What they see, what they should do. This would also be very helpful.

It also should have been pointed out that when you hit 'T' to chat that you need to hit the 'tab' key to exit the chat..

I have saw alot of chats that consisted of WWWAASSSDDD

Periscope Control

Excuse Me,
    That set of pictures on controls missed one thing: PERISCOPE! I have not been able to activate in the tutorial.

Originally Posted by mudmarine
    Excuse Me,
    That set of pictures on controls missed one thing: PERISCOPE! I have not been able to activate in the tutorial.

when you are at the second depth level its the middle mouse button.

Rolleyes Only own a two button mouse

Guys,
    I own a two botton mouse! There is no third button!
    I have tried using the map commands to the keyboard. That does not work. Heck, That mapper should be more keyboard friendly. From my readings I am not the only one fustrated by this. Easy to say buy a multi-button mouse. You have a spare money tree arround? I read the specs before I bought the game: InPut Devices100% Windows 2000/XP compatable mouse and keyboard. Logitech optical mouse with scroll and two buttons is compatable.
    There fore the specs on the box is wrong! The manufactures should have stated so.
    The problem is in the in game mapper or the manufacture of this game has mislead the consumers. Which is it.

I am running also with the prefered specs that include Windows Vista and I have updated my mouse drivers to Win Vista. If there is a game company represenative here, I might suggest that if the design a game for the PC, it should have the mapping functions work in there options screen.

So far that is the only gripe I have about this game.

Excuse Me,
    He didnt missed it. Periscope doesnt has a button yet, you can set the Zoom features. Basicly just go to lvl0/1 depth and start scrolling with the mousewheel to zoom in/out
    . =VTF= - Virtual Task Force
    Recruiting for Battlestations Midway in the EU. contact me for more info.
    . Proud Hoster off: =VTF= Euro Full -- 4v4 -- Retail!
    (Stationed in Belgium @ 6Mbps/600Kbps)

Now kick But and leave yer toenails!

Guys,
    I own a two botton mouse! There is no third button!
    I have tried using the map commands to the keyboard. That does not work. Heck, That mapper should be more keyboard friendly. From my readings I am not the only one fustrated by this. Easy to say buy a multi-button mouse. You have a spare money tree arround? I read the specs before I bought the game: InPut Devices100% Windows 2000/XP compatable mouse and keyboard. Logitech optical mouse with scroll and two buttons is compatable.
    There fore the specs on the box is wrong! The manufactures should have stated so.
    The problem is in the in game mapper or the manufacture of this game has mislead the consumers. Which is it.

I am running also with the prefered specs that include Windows Vista and I have updated my mouse drivers to Win Vista. If there is a game company represenative here, I might suggest that if the design a game for the PC, it should have the mapping functions work in there options screen.

So far that is the only gripe I have about this game.

hmm...only a 2 button mouse, well yeah it is easy to say just buy another one, when i input my joystick i was able to change some of the hotkeys on the keyboard without a problem so i could switch back and forth, i dont see why you wouldnt be able to just change it to a key on the keyboard, just click the option you want to change and then click the new button you want it to be, but im not sure exactly what you have tried, im sure either Chip or Keir could answer you better when they see this!

Same as I did like XLR mentioned. I Loaded my gamepad profile in and changed some key's or double binded a command. In all for all, any person willing to play decently studies the key's and eventually set the key's to his own feelings!
    . =VTF= - Virtual Task Force
    Recruiting for Battlestations Midway in the EU. contact me for more info.
    . Proud Hoster off: =VTF= Euro Full -- 4v4 -- Retail!
    (Stationed in Belgium @ 6Mbps/600Kbps)

Now kick But and leave yer toenails!

Wink XLR and Eut

Guys,
    I finally got it figured out. I broke down and bought a MS 3000. I finally got that periscope to work. I had to reset everything to default and start from there. Sorry for my rant. Just getting things to work on this new horse of mine is a little fustrating.

Hi guys, i have this game since monday and i'm stuck in the tutorial.To use the zoom i have to press the mouse wheel down and to disable the zoom i have to press the wheel again but that dosn't work.I keep getting that message on the screen and i'm pressing like a madman but i can't get any further.
    I tryed to play the US Campaign and i managed to finish the first part( don't ask me how) but in the second one with the planes i'm stuck again.Without that tutorial i can't play this game.
    Can somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong in the tutorial?

Thanks