Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: United Colours Of Lara Croft 2007 Challenge engages!

Smile United Colours Of Lara Croft 2007 Challenge engages!

Lara Croft is without doubt a globally recognised icon, and the success of our original United Colours Of Lara Croft challenge proved our fearless aristocrat is still beating the drum a decade later. So we're back with another exclusive competition, and this time we're asking fans to download a stunning render from Tomb Raider Anniversary and dress up in their own country colours.

Our Lara Croft render comes in three flavours. Two JPEG versions (Lara on black and Lara on white) and a special transparent PSD for those with a flair for Adobe Photoshop. An example of previous challenge entries - mobilised prior to the release of Tomb Raider Legend - can be seen here.

Entries can be uploaded to either www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com, and posted on this special thread on Tomb Raider Forums or right here on Eidos Forums. We'll collect the cream of the crop and publish exclusively on our magazine. Two winning entries will be selected end of February 2007, and both will have their names embedded in Tomb Raider history by appearing in the credits of Tomb Raider Anniversary!

Good luck, and happy raiding!

Good luck, and happy raiding!

FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Man, you're quick

Great competition though

Thumbs Up

Oooo This sounds like fun. Again.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Big Grin

The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Good idea.

Cool You asked for it, you know you did. ;)

Fresh from the First Nation Of Hockey:

PS: The Beaver is a proud and noble animal.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Thumbs Up

Bleeding marvellous!! Nice work!! Uploading now

Smile

I am glad you like it I am fond of it too.

I IMed the other format to you.

Thumbs Up

Right on, Cat! If I hadn't seen anything from Canada, I thought I might have given it a try, but I would have never come up with anything as nice as what you have produced. I'd say that represents Canada...fridgid, furry, vast, proud, and, shall we say, tantalizing! Excellent!

Smile

I am honoured and pleased, Ruum, thank you.

Thumbs Up

I am in LOVE with your entry, Cat!! Rock on, Canada!

Cool Cue Hockey Night In Canada theme music. ;)

Thanks, Johnny, I sort of am too.

....yes, it is the best part of North America.

Thumbs Up Brrrrr!

Cat, your flag is grrrrreat. I love her ponytail and facial quirks. Just as well all those loveable huggables are around, though.

Cool

Thanks, Ace. What's a Polar Bear Swim without polar bears, I always thought. They are quite cuddly, aren't they?

Thumbs Up

Great work there, CatSuit! :O Outdone yourself again, have you?

Cool I do have my moments. ;)

Thank you kindly, Mars, dear. Look, I'm the cat who ate the cream, I am.

Feel like skinny dipping with me in the Bay? Hudson's that is.

Can I have some suggestions please?

Catsuit, I LOVE your entry! It inspired me to make an American theme. (me being American and all, hehehe)

I have Microsoft Picture It! and I made one, but it's just... BLAH... I feel I lack talent! (and lots of it) I was wondering if anyone could lend me a suggestion or 2.... or 20.... lol, I dunno, I spent a lot of time on it but it seems so cookie cutter to me and I can't figure out to change the color of Lara's outfit without changing her skin color... but I did manage to give her a french manicure! And I gave her green eyes using good ol' Paint and her hair is darker... Just lemme know what you think!

Thumbs Up

Pinkangel, your entry is wonderful, and I am tickled that mine inspired you to make it.

On a technical note, I have never used the program you are using, so I don't know how to help you with that, but you did marvelous, regardless. I think this page may help but you'd have to decide.

When I started photo-manipulation, I used Paint exclusively, and then my brother gave me another program, when he saw I are serious cat. But given patience (and persistence. ), you can make almost any tool work with you to create wonders.

Your picture is lovely, and it really says The United States Of America loves Lara, all over it.

thank you for your advice! yeah, the Microsoft Picture It! came wit my Dell Windows Xp, and my sister started to use it with our scanned photos to manipulate the picture. I've figured out how to create illusions, but it's still very difficult to make it look like an actual screen shot/render.

I still have some mistakes in there... like, under Lara's right elbow you can see where I had to re-crop because you could still see the white background... and her right wrist looks funny because i had to use the smudge tool to recreate where I cropped off her arm! And you can see the light blue background around the bald eagle... I think I'm going to update it a little, make it less sloppy.

Smile My home, the United Federation Of Planets

Cool 4 paws WAY up!

Hot damn that's good.

Here's my Canadian version. It's definitely not the best, but I tried. Cheers!

Cool Oh! Canada. ;)

She's beautiful, Johnny! Don't sell yourself short.

Thumbs Up

Johnny. Your entry is awesome!!

Goran. What can I say?! Stunning!!

Fabulous effort so far, there is a monster pool of talent out there, that's for sure.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast