Thread: IMPORTANT: Suggestions for BS:M

IMPORTANT: Suggestions for BS:M

Originally Posted by Corvall
    Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to put new animations in at this point, but for Battlestations 2, they've got to put in the 'main magazine hit' ship death. A loud bang, black smoke, and no ship left. ;^)

Corvall
    Definately!

Originally Posted by xIGuNDoCIx
    Being able to control the ball turret on the B-17 like you can control the AA on ships would be awesome.
    I'm betting the MGs on the B-17s will control exactly like the AA on the ships, in that you'll have a target that you can rotate around the entire plane and any MGs that will bear on your target will fire. Unfortunately what this also means is you won't control individual guns like the ball turret. It'll just fire if you're shooting at a plane below you.

But that's just all speculation, so I could be wrong.

Corvall

Unhappy More ideas

Just wanted to say, that something must be done about post ordinance planes since it provides a real incentive to stop shooting at them was the ordinance is gone since it will force your oppenent to take the time to ditch/suicide them or fly them back...When a game "mechanic" makes it better to NOT shot the enemy; something must be done. I lean towards once you tell a plane to land it becomes uncontrollable by you (with a "Are you Sure" pop up, it would be good to have the old "land" option still available but no free spot) and frees up it's spot for hanger/carrier.

Also little people running around and doing different things would go along way to minimizing the vacant feel the world has. Also different spawn points for ships (obviously some would start at ship yards, another reason to have some maps without them IMO), especially carriers. I'm sure that part of the fun for the big maps will be finding the enemy force, knowing where it starts from will take away from that.

And, just wanted to say that replaying battle videos would be epic (just make sure there's a fastforward button). Especially since I spend most of my ship time looking through the Binoculars zoomed out to the bow to line up my shot; looking at the fantastic explosions distracts from good shooting

Originally Posted by xIGuNDoCIx
    Being able to control the ball turret on the B-17 like you can control the AA on ships would be awesome.
    You can control the turrets and the guns of bigger planes like on ships. (The dev team are watching you know! )

what about pilots being able to bail out

I've had a match where our naval yards were destroyed and all that was left was our airfields. The catch? We had no planes. The Americans had only one carrier left, and they scrambled a few of their planes. Would it be possible to use the AA at your field to protect yourself instead of just watching your forces burn?

Originally Posted by Keir
    You can control the turrets and the guns of bigger planes like on ships. (The dev team are watching you know! )
    Best news I've heard all day! Thanks again!

I have a great idea for an April Fools Day Dowladable content realease. How about mission with a Japanese whaling boat that we can hunt and harpoon whales with off the coast of Japan!

I hope they fix the DC (depth charge)
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999
    http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...ilies/Thud.gif

Aside from the mission critical bugs such as freezes and connection drops.....

in order

1. A "who's talking" indicator in the lobby and in game
    2. Adding some kind of incentive to land rather than crash
    3. Depth Charge explosions (sorely missed)
    4. Clan support for Ranked games (if it doesn't already have it)
    5. More intuitive menu system for launching ships/planes.. this could be reworked, along with visual indicators on which buttons to press (RB for build queue for example)

Wink Yeah, I just never stop coming up with new ideas

How about some indicator that your Shipyard is being blown to Hell (or your other ships for that matter)

Originally Posted by Keir
    How will this work? Will you have to just "tap" the Left Trigger to switch to the guns and than hold it for the bombs?

They should ballence out the units because battleships are super overpowered. I was playing with 2 battleships left and my carrier and my friend was able to take out 6 CA class ships 12 wings of airplanes and several destroyers before we won the game. The way to ballence the game is have it so that you can either make 1 battleship 2 CA 3 DD 4PB and so on. Also for planes allow larger squads just make the bombs do less dammage (probably already tried) but since this game isnt graphically intensive why not have huge ammounts of planes like in the movies where waves of 20-40 planes come at once.

Make kamikaze do the same ammount of dammage as say a 200 LB bomb. Make boats have less units like 3 or 4 battleships 6 CA and 10 DS.(alot harder to kill then airplanes. Also make a good incentive for bringing back planes like the AI gets a little bit better as far as accuracy and manueverability. Also planes should have fuel which would modify kamikazi dammage and make the game more dynamic.

I'd like to see a option for Custom games to make it RTS only. Meaning if thats what the server is set to you can only give orders to units and controlling them is disabled for everyone.

That way you win or lose on strategy using your mind. Some people are not great at controlling things, but are great at Planning a Battle. One example of this is when my Father comes over to my house he loves to play Madden Football with me, but all he does is picks plays and lets the computer do everything. He stinks at playing the game, but he's pretty good at calling a sound gameplan. But I always beat him because I control the players better. Am I winning because I have a better gameplan or because I'm better at video games? Just like to see the battlefield evened out for those that are the admiral types.

Anyway don't flame this idea. I like controlling stuff, but some might not. I think it should be a option. I've played a few games where I think I was out foxed by my oppenent in planning the battle, but pulled out a win by being better at aiming my artillery with my Ships. I'd like to sometimes just see who's better with a battle plan.

i like the skirmish idea, imagine being able to pick what units you want in the battle, and setting like different options, map, ai difficulty etc

would be great !
    Battleship\

(Nav.) An armor-plated man-of-war built of steel and heavily armed, generally having from ten thousand to fifteen thousand tons displacement, and intended to be fit to meet the heaviest ships in line of battle.
    Destroyer\

A small, fast, highly maneuverable warship armed with guns, torpedoes, depth charges, and guided missiles.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7...edragon6wz.gif

Multiplayer fix

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I do have one gripe with the DEMO right now. Hopefully this issue has been resolved in the final release (since the game has gone gold, one can hope!).

I've played a number of games in which we lost because all the players on the other team dropped out (voluntarily or not). It was especially infuriating because we were clearly about to win the game... The way the victory conditions were set in the DEMO didn't take into account the following: in the event of "insufficient players to play the game", those very victory conditions could then not be met and the team which was clearly winning would end up loosing the round!!!

For MP matches

In the lobby, how about some indicator of the latency for each room, I've always assumed that the order the games are shown (top to bottom) was some indicator of how strong the connections are, but that may just be all in my head.

Originally Posted by Theaus
    Also little people running around and doing different things would go along way to minimizing the vacant feel the world has. Also different spawn points for ships (obviously some would start at ship yards, another reason to have some maps without them IMO), especially carriers. I'm sure that part of the fun for the big maps will be finding the enemy force, knowing where it starts from will take away from that.
    i couldnt agree more, i assume this is a "straight into action" arcade game, but would vastly prefer a little map with something more to it.
    the map has the grid references, and these could be put to use obviously.

your USN fleet spawns in one of three locations, the IJN fleet does too, your well beyond vissuall range.
    you have to send out planes to look for each other, first person to spot the enemy has an advantage here of course. and due to the size of the map you would have to work at finding each other. rather than spawning on top of each other.

would be boring for most ppl but for clans etc it would be a good idea, never knowing if you have been sighted or not till the waves of dive bombers come in and the first smoke stack apears on the horizon.

oh well we can dream lol im sure 90% of ppl would prefer to start seconds away from each other and get straight into the fight.

I too like the skirmish idea, also, why isn't this a sticky?
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999
    http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...ilies/Thud.gif

Skirmish Sounds Awesome.

i wish the maps were like... 10 times bigger and 10x more units in game... 24 planes per team (demo) and 4 ships is not much...

i agree, shipyards should have only like 8bb, 14 cc, and 25dd

hmm... carriers and airfields need more fighters i think... i find myself lacking fighters some time... massive air battles are fun

1. better MP Lobby

2. realistic sounds (engines from planes) + better realistic sound effects
    like E3 presentation Trailer!

3. Faster planes

4. Cockpitview

5. switch free camera mode (like bombing camera and free look) even for
    PC System).

6. Map Editor

7. Dedicated Server

8. bigger Maps

9. own starting and landings

10. better crash scenes graphics

Kamakazi Crap...HELP US EIDOS!!!!!

Kamakazis were not a Japanese tradition at this point in the war. To fix this crazy backwards way the game ends up playing, there should be two respawn settings in the game. One for delay on aircraft respawn and one for delay on naval respawn. The host should be able to set them to 1, 2, 3, or even 5 minutes independantly. Any units which returned to base would allow an immediate redeployment of a squadron. Squadrons which were shot down or "kamakazi"ed would have to sit out a minute or two.

The way the game works, it forces kamakazis, ocean ditching, and it even forces players to NOT want to shoot down enemy aircraft which have already dropped their ordinance for fear of a fresh wave coming all the more quickly.

I HOPE this problem is fixed because it is the ONE thing which is ruining the feel of the game for me.

Same thing for naval units. I often HATE sinking an enemy ship as I am approaching their bases to shell them. Because I KNOW I will IMMEDIATELY have a fresh unit sitting right in front of me. A 2 minute delay would fix this!!!!!

Of course, if a host wanted to, he could set respawn to "0" and it would play as it.

EVERYONE I have asked in online games agress this lends the game a very unsatisfying feeling as it is now!!!! Please fix this EIDOS!!!!

It seems this fix would make EVERYBODY happy... AND... IT WOULD BE A SIMPLE CHANGE IN THE SOFTWARE.

Lightbulb

This is from another thread, i think it is a very good point.

"I think a delay is an excellent idea. even a small one....say 30 seconds would be enough to give the units some value, and you're absolutely correct...sometimes its better not to sink a ship as they'll respawn with full health.

At the moment i'm not too worried about loosing any ships or aircraft unless the ship yard/runway/carrier has been destroyed.

It should definately be a server option so people can choose to use a delay or not. Here's hoping for a patch, and i'm surprised the developers haven't thought of this."

Page 5 of 22 First First 12345678915 ... Last