Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: New LoK games in the future

New LoK games in the future

A Mortanius/Moebius game detailing the human rebellion against the Ancients would be cool. Or one about Vorador in the time of the Sarafan Crusades, leading up to his attack on the Circle, it could also be a good entry point for new fans if written right. Moebius and Mortanius would initially be infants, ignorant of much of nosgoth's lore, and it would be very interesting to see them slowly grow to understand the (to them) terrible truth about their roles as Guardians. While Vorador could detail his identity and human origins in the opening cinematic (much like Raziel in SR1), then skip ahead to the evolved Vorador we know from the age of the Sarafan.

Or how about a game following up on Blood Omen 2. The way the game left things would leave some major gaps between the fourth timeline's history and that of the second, where we originally saw Kain's empire. Vorador is alive, along with a bunch of vampires not descended from Kain. Will there be a war? Will Kain's empire turn out differently due to the existence of the cabal in the newest timeline?

How about playing as Janos/pure vampire during the original war against the hyldan.

I always kinda liked that the pre-history era of Nosgoth was untouched. It keeps the Hylden and Ancients nicely mysterious. Some things are better left as hints only.

Legacy of Kain series! The time is now what are you waiting for?

I have to say that this company has been waiting long enough to give the fans what they want! The LK series is in need of a comeback. What does this company have to lose? The fans are here and waiting, the new consoles are here and out and I think they need to be given a game to welcome them with a bang! What better place to start than with a game like "Legacy of Kain - Time Shifter" has a ring to it. Just playing with the name, but come on. It is time!! I would like a show of hands to see how many fans out there would like to see a new game. Doesn't matter right now if it a continuation or a reboot. Let's just show this company how many fans want this game!! Maybe if we blow this forum up they'll start to think about it. So what do you say? You can count me in!!!

I would love to see any kind of game as long as it doesn't screw with the lore. I don't want a reboot because the story isn't finished. Nosgoth takes place in this universe so a reboot now would be pointless. What I want is a continuation to Defiance, but this won't happen because newcomers won't get into a story based game like this. They don't know who Kain or Raziel is. So I suggest making a game with a new character where he will learn Kain's story .I mean that the new character will search to find who Kain is, this way the new character and the new player will learn about Kain together.Then, with the newcomer knowing who Kain is,in the next game(sequel to the game with the new protagonist) he'll get to play as him(Kain)

Or even an old character at a time when they meet Kain for the first time.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

like a vorador game?
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    like a vorador game?
    That was one of the ideas myself and others have suggested a few times. IIRC, it was also Denis Dyack's first idea for a Blood Omen sequel before Soul Reaver was made. I think the shortest detour from the main story would be to play as a newly sired Lt Raziel with no memories of his Sarafan past, trying to work out "Who is this Kain?", "What is his plan for me?", etc. Raziel would know as little about Kain as the new players.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    That was one of the ideas myself and others have suggested a few times. IIRC, it was also Denis Dyack's first idea for a Blood Omen sequel before Soul Reaver was made. I think the shortest detour from the main story would be to play as a newly sired Lt Raziel with no memories of his Sarafan past, trying to work out "Who is this Kain?", "What is his plan for me?", etc. Raziel would know as little about Kain as the new players.
    That's really a great idea ! I would love to play as flegdeling Raziel wondering about his past and Kain. This is the future game that I want !

I don't really like the concept of a total reboot... but a remake, in the sense of a graphical overhaul? I'd be all over that in a heart beat! As much as I love BO1, and as much as I have... problems with BO2, I'd love to play BO1 with BO2's playstyle. And SR1, 2, and Defiance with modern PC/console graphics? Be still, my beating heart!

A remake (or remakes) would allow newer gamers who are perhaps only now discovering the series through Nosgoth to get into the series. Additionally, it would allow the series creators to recast certain voice actors without worrying about continuity problems (such as the great Tony Jay who is no longer with us, and Anna Gunn, since she probably has a high pay-grade now that she's been involved with bigger productions like Breaking Bad). In this optimistic fantasy I'm composing, remaking the whole series would allow for Eidos to finally get enough steam to create the final chapter of the Legacy of Kain series.

We can dream, can't we?

Unfortunately in the past, the official line on direct remakes has always been negative - that they'd prefer to move on. Not sure whether that has changed with the development of Nosgoth, but there are fans out there who have thought the same thing, so there are currently remakes of a sort in development, like Blood Omnicide for BO1 and Soul Revenant for SR1 and I believe there are several HD mods for other games in the series including Hylden's own Defiance upgrade

The only catch is that you need the original games to play and it has to be that way to avoid infringement.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Well.. I saw one game who is called "Legacy of Kain: Revival". OK - its not official continuation of LoK series, but is very interesting. If someone would see this in action, this is a link to a trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAfnxLh3l2Y.

I would love to see a LoK "HD Collection" of sorts. Not just a straight graphical update though.

Ideally I would like to see the games retain the stories the I love, but update some game-play mechanics. Reworking the block puzzles in Soul Reaver comes to mind; maybe flesh out some areas or add in some things that were cut.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Ocarina of Time: Master Edition; same game but with more stuff!

Also, I think it would be really cool to play as the Lieutenants/clan members right after Kain raised them and work on conquering Nosgoth!
    Last edited by SkippyMcDoogle; 13th May 2014 at 19:09.

I'd be too concerned that if so much of the rest of the game was changed, the story would be retconned along with it. Also, by the time things caught up to Defiance, everyone would have lost interest again and it would be time for a second reboot. That's how it always happens with movies. Even if the story doesn't change, there's no anticipation of finding out what happens next.

I say, let Anarcrothe's Adventures see the light of the day!

Also, I recall someone suggesting a farming LoK game during intermission in Nosgoth's lobby XP

Seriously, though, I've read through all the posts in this thread and I like almost all of the ideas... Would love to see SR1 remade (not rebooted!) with better graphics as well as SR2 and BO2. Probably best to leave BO1 as it is, and it would be great if it'd finally be available as a digital copy for purchase somewhere, preferably on GOG. Defiance is still fine graphics-wise IMO.

As for new games in the series - yeah, would love to see Vorador as protagonist, Lt. Raziel also sounds good. Hard to imagine these games without Tony Jay's voice acting, though.
    Last edited by Jimwtfh; 14th May 2014 at 11:17.
    "Katsu!"

Originally Posted by Jimwtfh
    I say, let Anarcrothe's Adventures see the light of the day!

Also, I recall someone suggesting a farming LoK game during intermission in Nosgoth's lobby XP

Seriously, though, I've read through all the posts in this thread and I like almost all of the ideas... Would love to see SR1 remade (not rebooted!) with better graphics as well as SR2 and BO2. Probably best to leave BO1 as it is, and it would be great if it'd finally be available as a digital copy for purchase somewhere, preferably on GOG. Defiance is still fine graphics-wise IMO.

As for new games in the series - yeah, would love to see Vorador as protagonist, Lt. Raziel also sounds good. Hard to imagine these games without Tony Jay's voice acting, though.
    There would be no need for Tony Jay if the did it in the right era, like Lt Raz, he never hears the Elder God
    signature image

Fingers crossed that BO1 will eventually solve its publishing problems and be out somewhen soon (though it is already there on PSN, it's just not available for PC yet). Personally, though I'm unsure about the whole reboot/remake thing, one thing that I am against (and tbh really puzzles me) is starting anything from Soul Reaver onwards - either way you do it, you shouldn't really start from part 2 - then you're missing out a vital part of the story that enriches the rest of the series so much.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    There would be no need for Tony Jay if the did it in the right era, like Lt Raz, he never hears the Elder God
    Yes, you're right, it's just that I'll miss his voice-acting.
    "Katsu!"

Yes, you're right, it's just that I'll miss his voice-acting.
    We all do
    signature image

I wonder how could we do a reboot with the passing of tony jay.

Originally Posted by WarofPies
    I wonder how could we do a reboot with the passing of tony jay.
    We will probably need to use a time streaming device...
    "Katsu!"

Is it really that disrespectful to have another actor stand in for him? I mean they wouldn't be trying to replace Tony as a person, just taking over a job that he's no longer around to do. Sure it won't be the same without him, but it could still be a really good game.

Mako's replacement on Avatar: The last airbender is a good example of not screwing the pooch
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Is it really that disrespectful to have another actor stand in for him? I mean they wouldn't be trying to replace Tony as a person, just taking over a job that he's no longer around to do. Sure it won't be the same without him, but it could still be a really good game.
    I don't think it's disrespectful, it's just, as you said, the game won't be the same without him.
    "Katsu!"

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    Fingers crossed that BO1 will eventually solve its publishing problems and be out somewhen soon (though it is already there on PSN, it's just not available for PC yet). Personally, though I'm unsure about the whole reboot/remake thing, one thing that I am against (and tbh really puzzles me) is starting anything from Soul Reaver onwards - either way you do it, you shouldn't really start from part 2 - then you're missing out a vital part of the story that enriches the rest of the series so much.
    Yup, without BO1 background a Soul reaver reboot isn't a good idea. And a total reboot... I'm not sure if I want it

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last