He would of said that had he meant it.

Originally Posted by VTROOPER
    oh i thowt you ment se was sunk by kame runs
    no she went in 1 BIG fireball and a bit later BIG BOOM on the ship

VTROOPER:

http://www.rong-chang.com/

and there's this, too:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

just so u can be understood. we speak english here.

Originally Posted by BSMaddict
    VTROOPER:

and there's this, too:

M0n3y i think he dasent understand the consept of MT (master translator).

Smile

Originally Posted by BSMaddict
    VTROOPER:

and there's this, too:

that was a bit harsh

M0n3y i think he dasent understand the consept of MT (master translator).
    i think

I'm the translator here so we don't need a dictionarry or something else...

i love my job

i dont read a diconary anles its for a ILA report i haet ILA and my socil study techer asked me what a kamakaze was when i was in 5 grade shoodent she know

i dont read a diconary anles its for a ILA report i haet ILA and my socil study techer asked me what a kamakaze was when i was in 5 grade shoodent she know
    Master Translator We need your assistance!

$$$$$$$$
    _$$VT$$
    __$$$$
    ___$$

Originally Posted by Thedivingmongoose

$$$$$$$$
    _$$VT$$
    __$$$$
    ___$$
    thats not his signal

this is

MT

and monday monday monday CoD4 beta gos live at 3:00pm EST but you haft to sine up for the website for your tokens.

thats not his signal

this is

MT

and monday monday monday CoD4 beta gos live at 3:00pm EST but you haft to sine up for the website for your tokens.
    Whohoo CoD4

$$$$$$$$
    _$$VT$$
    __$$$$
    ___$$
    uhm what's the point of those signs??

I don't read a Dictionary unless it's for a ILA report , i hate ILA And my sociale(srry for bad spelling bhut don't forget i'm from belgium!!)teacher asked me what a Kamikaze was when i was in 5th grade...shouldn't she know?

thats whut i sed.

and you dont pay in microsoft points

thats not his signal

this is

MT

Fine....break my heart again!

That will have to do untill someone makes one or asks me to.

but how do you get kamikaze in the multiplayer menu

Originally Posted by andy3536
    Hate to break it to you but the stealth fighter is in fact a bomber.
    The F-117 stealth fighter has no air to air weapons!

P.S. during the last gulf war a Royal navy carrier picked up the 'stealth fighter' on radar at 163 miles, time to mothball me thinks!
    I am sure the US air force meant for the Royal navy to see the f117 ,most likely to keep our alies aware of air traffic in close proximity . 163 miles in todays terms should be considered close.
    this aircraft destoyed all radar sites that Ali Baba [hussien] owned --has never been shot down, a virtualy perfect combat record .Pure killer.

Originally Posted by macattak1
    Due to the fact that near the end all they had was little boys to fly. Hence, they probably made good Kamikazes. When their pilots went down in action they rarely if ever went and got them.

The US on the other hand would send a ship as many miles out as needed just to pickup a pilot that lost his plane.

So near wars end Japanese air force was young and lacked experience while the US air force was highly experienced.

Peace and Blessings
    quite correct sir add to that the young fliers were not like the hitler youth on Cherbourge [sic?] peninsula ,they would have been of little combat effectiveness with normal air opps .(they realy couldnt` fly )

Originally Posted by achtung bb
    I am sure the US air force meant for the Royal navy to see the f117 ,most likely to keep our alies aware of air traffic in close proximity . 163 miles in todays terms should be considered close.
    this aircraft destoyed all radar sites that Ali Baba [hussien] owned --has never been shot down, a virtualy perfect combat record .Pure killer.
    Actaully one was shot down over serbia and then examined by the russians!

Actaully one was shot down over serbia and then examined by the russians!
    one over serbia was a perfect example of the pilots feeling to much at ease in their "stealths"

pilot got taken down by a Mig-25 wich had reported the plane at a range of nearly 200 miles(Mig-25 radar is the most powerfull Fighter radar in the world,when activated on the ground the radiation actuallly kills grass and small animals lol)
    however that it has been examined by the russians might be correct but only the remains of the fuselage as the entire plane was basicly ripped to shreds,not a bit of avionics was left

also after some research the only reason the F-117 was spotted by the radar operator was because he could see an IFF code next to the little blip

Originally Posted by Herr-Wulf
    one over serbia was a perfect example of the pilots feeling to much at ease in their "stealths"

pilot got taken down by a Mig-25 wich had reported the plane at a range of nearly 200 miles(Mig-25 radar is the most powerfull Fighter radar in the world,when activated on the ground the radiation actuallly kills grass and small animals lol)
    however that it has been examined by the russians might be correct but only the remains of the fuselage as the entire plane was basicly ripped to shreds,not a bit of avionics was left

also after some research the only reason the F-117 was spotted by the radar operator was because he could see an IFF code next to the little blip

The porpose of the examination was the radar obsoring coating that the F-117 (and the B2) was coated in.
    The russians had no idea what the coating consisted of and there for couldn't find a way round it.
    Now of corse they know what it is and can try to create a counter measure.
    The russians have surface to air missiles that rely on infa red aswell, there's no getting away from them in a stealth aircraft.

The porpose of the examination was the radar obsoring coating that the F-117 (and the B2) was coated in.
    The russians had no idea what the coating consisted of and there for couldn't find a way round it.
    Now of corse they know what it is and can try to create a counter measure.
    The russians have surface to air missiles that rely on infa red aswell, there's no getting away from them in a stealth aircraft.
    Couple of notes on this:

1. The F-117 and the B-2 are two very different "animal" in terms of stealth capabilities. The stealth coat of the F-117 is very different than the B-2. First and foremost F-117 is a much "older" technology and one great disadvantage it has the fact that the radar absorption coating has to be checked and RE-APPLIED after each and every mission. There is an entire crew that is in charge of that. for the B-2 it was solved and the base materials the aircraft is built from incorporates this function.
    2. IR (infra red missiles) - it is true that they follow heat sources. However in order to launch them first you need to find the target, right?
    Second: the F-117 and the B-2 also uses technologies to reduce the heat signature of the plane. The turbine gases actually goes through a cooling cycle before it gets exhausted. Obviously it is not perfect but can reduce the IR signature detection range significantly.
    3. Counter Measures - well the whole current "stealth" technology is practically about two elements:
    -->absorb radar waves
    -->divert them so they don't "bounce back" to where they came from.
    To fight against these you can do two things: increase the strength of the radar signal so the little part that actually comes back to the receiver is noticeable, or create a synchronized radar array so the bounce backs are captured by a different radar receiver than the one sending them out.
    Complication is obvious: the stealth fighters are used to deploy first strikes aimed at the front-line or spot targets, where the availability of these assets are limited, (more radar power needs more power, radar array needs multiple radar sites with perfect communication channels between them), not to mention the fact that only a few nation can afford to have these kind of expensive "gadgets".

A funny thing to note:
    I guess many of you noticed the different characteristics of the B-117 and the B-2.
    One is very square the other is smooth curved. Both somehow delivers the stealth functionality.
    Why?
    If my info is correct at the time of developing the B-117 (the square one) the computer technology was only capable of modeling radar reflection from square surfaces. This is why the B-117 got the shape - the most optimal the models could calculate.
    Time passed on and by the time developing the B-2 calculation power was capable of handling more complex surfaces.

Ok, didn't know they were that different.
    But i do know that the russian surface to air missiles can search in infa red, i.e. find a heat signiture in the sky and lock on.
    The ones mounted on the apcs are known to do it quite well.

The F-117 was shot down by a sam, using thermal imaging

The SA-3 is mostly obsolete now due to its short range and easily jammed radar but despite this an SA-3 system managed to shoot down an F-117 Nighthawk "Stealth Fighter" on March 27, 1999 during the Kosovo War (the only recorded downing of a stealth aircraft), reportedly the SA-3 used had been modified by Yugoslavia with thermal imaging and a laser rangefinder.

Quote from wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-3_Goa

Hmmm. So thermal imaging.
    Well I guess despite the efforts to reduce the heat signature it is probably impossible to make it disappear After all the jet system is to burn fuel which generates quite an amount of heat...
    It's creative of the Yugoslavians to start modifying their systems probably they got some hints from Russia... ?

After all you (and the events) pointed out the weakness of this "stealth system": once it's found it can be reasonably easily taken out...

I wonder what is the effective range of a thermal imaging solution and if it is sensitive to the angle? (e.g. can pick up the plane from front or side as well?)

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last