Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishing Anniversary comes out for Xbox 360

Unhappy Wishing Anniversary comes out for Xbox 360

I really want to play the game on my 360. I've been a long time fan of the Tomb Raider Series and having an Anniversary for this game is great news. Many people that never played a Tomb Raider got to play Tomb Raider on there 360 and it is great news to hear that they truly enjoyed the experience. These gamers who never played Tomb Raider became a fan of the series. As the series is expanding and creating new fans, I believe it would not be a wise idea to release Tomb Raider Anniversary for the other systems since Legend came out for all of the system except the Wii. Taking the experience away from new fans of this new remake of the Original Tomb Raider would not be a wise choice. So please.. I hope that Eidos will find some way to decide to release Lara on all systems.

Quote Originally Posted by MADVDPRODUCTIONS View Post
    As the series is expanding and creating new fans, I believe it would not be a wise idea to release Tomb Raider Anniversary for the other systems since Legend came out for all of the system except the Wii.
    It's been released on the GameCube, less than a week prior the Wii's launch. Wii is next-gen (or should it be current-gen by now?), and the only next-gen console Legend has been released, was, indeed, the Xbox 360.

I'm also hoping Eidos will get on their senses and don't cut off a major part of fans who decide they appreciate other consoles better than Sony. I know it's being released for PC, the universal platform, but still, I'd much prefer playing Tomb Raider games on my Nintendo systems, so long I had the opportunity.

Please, Eidos, get Anniversary released on a Nintendo and a Microsoft console as well! Thanks.

Hay but most pepole call windows a consle. So partically it is a mircosft port. I love being a smart ass. Ask Matt or should i say Gamerking we go way back. First crashed into him in Raymanzone then on Bungie.net

I call Windows an operation system, and so does at least half the world.

I know .

Anyhow every time the xbox gets hold of something it wants to buy the rights to it or the permission. We let this happen and soon there will be only tombradier for xbox.

Exactly what Sony did when TR1 came about...

Yea bascially. But anything sony touches turns into gold. ANything mircorsoft touches becomes crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly47 View Post
    Yea bascially. But anything sony touches turns into gold. ANything mircorsoft touches becomes crap.

Yeah, right.

Ohh yea what aobut halo2 and dead or alive. Xbox sucks shall always suck and dosnt desirve to get a game like tombradier.

I say be damn you bill gates.

Xbox sucks shall always suck and dosnt desirve to get a game like tombradier.
    That goes exactly against the very purpose of this thread, of making the Tomb Raider games to be available to everyone, regardless of the platform they're fanboys of, err... players.

Right so you would like one for your gamegear your sega genise your dreamcast your comdrea 64 and what not.

Really i dont think so ither way tombradier started with pc sony and sega and will end with pc sony and sega. Thats how it was bloody ment to be.

Also omg i never noticed that the guy in the tombraider movies was named bryce i thought he was zip.

Right so you would like one for your gamegear your sega genise your dreamcast your comdrea 64 and what not.

I didn't mean that and you know it. Otherwise, what is the point in having choice of console for the same generation, with very similar capacities? And when someone comes up with something new, the other companies won't fall behind and shortly after announce something innovative to match up to their rivals.

So, in the case of Anniversary being a PS2 game, it would work perfectly fine on the Xbox and on the GameCube, just like Legend and a heap other third party games did.

You only think things are 'bloody' meant to be the way you say because you're a Playstation fanboy and, for some reason, don't want to see Eidos guarantee Lara's success for the next decade by making it available on as many platforms as possible and earning a lot more money with that.

IF Tomb Raider was a first-party game, built by Sony for Sony, then I'd agree with you, much like Mario will always belong to Nintendo and Sonic used to belong to Sega until it stoped manufacturing hardware, but since it's a third-party game, I just can't.

Haha if there is anythign you would have learned by know is that i hate playstation and netindo and xbox. Iam a sega fan boy and a Windows fan boy. I am also a worms fan boy.

For all i care i would like if it were only realsed on pc. Why i would be delighted.

(...) i hate playstation and netindo and xbox. Iam a (...) Windows fan boy.
    No way I'd have guessed that after this post of yours:

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly47
    anything sony touches turns into gold. ANything mircorsoft touches becomes crap. (...) I say be damn you bill gates.
    And some other things that can be read between other lines in this thread. Anyway, we've completely hijacked the topic.

I still hope to play Anniversary on Wii, even if it takes them 6 months - 1 year to get rid of the stupid exclusiveness deal, if there is such a thing going on at all.

There is a exclusive deal. I would like to play lara with the wii. I think it would advance the gameplay more. ALso in a britsh articl on ign They speak of motion sensor wii conrtolrs for pc to be seen earily 2007. So even the pc could have a motion senser lara.

First, Where did you hear that there was an exclusive deal with Sony... I would imagine any such deal that Sony would make would stipulate that it would support the same hardware they are focusing on (i.e. the PS3). Anything else would make no sense from a marketing standpoint.

Second, How did this thread degenerate into such a foul topic? I just read through this and am at a loss. If you don't care that a game is released so that other fans can play it, why go to the trouble of posting?

Third, I strongly support Eidos releasing the game on all platforms, as it is the best way of pleasing the fans AND I would prefer to not see Eidos in poor financial straights again. Please note, these are the same poor financial straights brought on by exclusivity for Sony in the first place. I would love to see Anniversary (And all future TR games) be multiplatform. The game would look incredible on the XBox 360 (A great console by the way).

-Matt

Lets just put things straight: exlusivity demands that it only is released on ONE platform and that has never been the case with TR. There has been lots of 'offsprings' for the handhelds, and nr 2, 3 and 6 was the "thinnest" releases with an appearence on only pc and ps. The anniversary edition seems to be a loner of some sort but you can hardly call psp, pc and ps2 for other than multiplatform-release. After that I think they are expanding this to both Microsoft (again) and Nintendo. I am not really impressed by the Wii but it seems interesting what it can make of TR.

There are many different variations on an exclusivity agreement. They can for example stipulate that the only console the game can be released on is the PlayStation (As in the case with TR2 & TR3), or they can stipulate that the only console that the game can be released on for a given period of time is the PlayStation. All exclusivity agreements expire, but some have set determinations in the terms, such as 3 months, etc. Otherwise the exclusivity agreement is effective for several years. Both of these agreements, as they specifically define what a console would be, would allow the developer / publisher to release the game on PC.

I'm also curious to see what Eidos could do with the Wii controller, but I don't know if they would choose to make use of the motion sensor or not. If they did it could be tricky, but who knows. If done right, it could add another element to the Tomb Raider games. I personally am hoping for an XBox 360 release, as I absolutely love that console and since purchasing one don't want to play on anything else. Tomb Raider Anniversary would be gorgeous on that console too... Here's hoping for a surprise announcement from Eidos...

I would do a kill to see Tomb Raider on the Wii
    Here lies Lara, gone but not forgetten
    1996-2003

I WANT AN XBOX 360 VERSION !!!
    i don't care if the quality of the graphics is not as high as legend i just want this game !

Quote Originally Posted by xbaa View Post
    I WANT AN XBOX 360 VERSION !!!
    i don't care if the quality of the graphics is not as high as legend i just want this game !
    I second that statement...

If nothing else, at least release the freaking game on the PS3 so I'd finally have a PS3 game to own. Right now, my PS3 is only being used for BR movies while I play my 360 and Wii. While I'd love to have this game on the 360 to go next to Legends, I'll take it on the PS3, but I'm not going to buy anymore PS2 games except God of War II.

Yeah, I've seen the PS3 games lineup, and it is pretty bad. I would much rather add Tomb Raider Anniversary's Achievements to my XBox 360 profile though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider0011 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen the PS3 games lineup, and it is pretty bad. I would much rather add Tomb Raider Anniversary's Achievements to my XBox 360 profile though.
    You telling me. Here is the list of PS3 games I want with their release dates:

Heavenly Sword - March
    Devil May Cry 4 - unknown
    Metal Gear Solid 4 - unknown, but I also need to play MGS3
    LA Noire - unknown

That is it right now. Only 1 PS3 game I want to play has a release date, and that is the same month when God of War II (PS2) and Bulletwitch (360) come out.

No to Xbox or xbox360 or gamecube port, This will slow down development and we'll have a short game like legend. However if it does come on xbox360 i damand it to come out for PS3 as a launch game, since anniversary will be out aprilish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast