View Poll Results: Lok sequel or Nosgoth?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lok Sequel

24 35.29%
  • Nosgoth

8 11.76%
  • Not sure

1 1.47%
  • Both

35 51.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: LoK sequel or Nosgoth.

LoK sequel or Nosgoth.

LoK sequel or Nosgoth.

since there are people who is ranting all over he forums i wanted a clear statistic about this and answer and demonstrate something to the devs, what would you preffer a lok sequel or any kind of single player lok or this... nosgoth, and why?
    Also, for he devs, what can we do to make you release a single player lok?
    signature image
    Go to your master, then. I release you to the Wheel.

As much as I would like to see a LoK sequel, I'd like to give the devs the benefit of the doubt. Also from what I've read Dead Sun wasn't going to be the sequel most people were waiting for.

Many people outside of the forums think that Nosgoth is a shallow attempt to get in on the F2P bandwagon. I personally haven't heard of a cancelled game getting turned into an F2P game just to make some money back.

Originally Posted by TendrilSavant
    As much as I would like to see a LoK sequel, I'd like to give the devs the benefit of the doubt. Also from what I've read Dead Sun wasn't going to be the sequel most people were waiting for.

Many people outside of the forums think that Nosgoth is a shallow attempt to get in on the F2P bandwagon. I personally haven't heard of a cancelled game getting turned into an F2P game just to make some money back.
    DS would not be what we wanted, but there would have a lot of lore. I am giving Nosgoth's devs the benefit not of the doubt, but of the affirmation. As I see Nosgoth, it will be very fun, even though with no story. I will play Nosgoth, I will love it, and I will probaby try playing it professionally, as I were already in this business before. I am calling all my friends to join me, even the ones who doesn't know LoK. And they are loving it too.
    signature image

Why not both? Like the devs brought up a number of times this is a largely unexplored time in Nosgoth's history and a single player game focusing on this time period would be a step back from the end of Defiance but it is perfect for this type of game. I think it's pretty obvious what us fans really want but this is definitely a step in the right direction. It shows that this franchise is on Square's radar. I could be wrong but I'd bet Nosgoth is just the appetizer before the main course.

Originally Posted by kevmac83
    Why not both? Like the devs brought up a number of times this is a largely unexplored time in Nosgoth's history and a single player game focusing on this time period would be a step back from the end of Defiance but it is perfect for this type of game. I think it's pretty obvious what us fans really want but this is definitely a step in the right direction. It shows that this franchise is on Square's radar. I could be wrong but I'd bet Nosgoth is just the appetizer before the main course.
    Or at least we hope so. At least, the series are alive.
    signature image

If you'd asked me last year, I would have gone wholeheartedly gone with the sequel. But now Nosgoth is here I want both
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

It's kind of a skewed poll in that we'd all probably prefer a true sequel (some with every fiber of their being, heh), even those that are in favor of Nosgoth. The game is here, and it might lead to said sequel. That's the hope.

I'd like an LoK sequel but, its been 10 years, and its a whole new company. To just start where we left off at defiance, where pretty much the only thing left to do was to just wrap up the story, after all this time and all the changes in game design, would kinda be a bit crumby.

I'm content to build up some new branches in the lore in order to make a much more interesting and complex push forward into the LoK story so for right now I prefer Nosgoth. and I want to give Square Enix some chances to get their feet wet with LoK.

Originally Posted by The_Hylden
    It's kind of a skewed poll in that we'd all probably prefer a true sequel (some with every fiber of their being, heh), even those that are in favor of Nosgoth. The game is here, and it might lead to said sequel. That's the hope.
    It is true. Even me would prefer a new LoK with some story, and I think I am one of the most pro-nosgoth here. But I think that Nosgoth may be a good idea.
    signature image

I hope that overtime more people will be more open to Nosgoth. The more I think about the game, the more it feels like it's a right fit for the series at the moment. At least until we get a true ending to the game, or maybe a reboot.

The OP just sounded like a petition to cancel Nosgoth under the assumption that doing so would result in a single player sequel. I really don't think that would the result. You can't just exchange a low budget DLC game for a AAA title.

^ Agreed. Cancelling this game (which isn't going to happen over a forum poll, let's be realistic here) is not a sure-fire way to get another SP LOK game. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will do the exactly opposite.

---

I should probably also point out that this poll is likely going to result in non-representative votes because the OP of this thread decided to make the poll vote names public. That is a sure-fire way to deter people from voting (honestly), considering all the unfair criticism/hate people receive for being positive about NG and for not sharing the hate of others.

Furthermore, a thread set up like this is just bait for flame wars between members and we will not have that. We'll keep this open for now and monitor it closely, but if things get ugly, a padlock will shortly follow...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

This poll is pointless. A single player game isn't being made, nor was one on the horizon. Nosgoth is. Accept this game for what it is, not what it isn't.

Originally Posted by Driber
    ^ Agreed. Cancelling this game (which isn't going to happen over a forum poll, let's be realistic here) is not a sure-fire way to get another SP LOK game. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will do the exactly opposite.
    No sequel is better than a bad sequel. If Nosgoth is successful its mistakes can be inherited by a potential SP sequel. Or it can become a permanent direction and result in another MP game. I don't see Nosgoth increasing chances of a proper LoK game.

I should probably also point out that this poll is likely going to result in non-representative votes because the OP of this thread decided to make the poll vote names public. That is a sure-fire way to deter people from voting (honestly), considering all the unfair criticism/hate people receive for being positive about NG and for not sharing the hate of others.
    The results will be non-representative for other reason. Most people who participate on these boards are interested in Nosgoth. Most criticism is taking place outside of these boards.

I ame greedy, i love the LoK saga and the moba games, i want both!

Originally Posted by The_Hylden
    Pretty much sums up what I think about Nosgoth as an idea, a concept; the actual game needs work though before it can actually lead to a sequel, as it is now I'd say it needs at least vamp remodels and a way to introduce some lore elements to get new people interested in the saga of LoK.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Paradoks_db
    No sequel is better than a bad sequel.
    Yeah well that's just like... your opinion, man.

If Nosgoth is successful its mistakes can be inherited by a potential SP sequel.
    I've heard this argument so many times now. And that's just on this forum alone. Go figure.

I don't see Nosgoth increasing chances of a proper LoK game.
    That's because you've got your cynical glasses on. We'll see what the future brings

The results will be non-representative for other reason. Most people who participate on these boards are interested in Nosgoth.
    You don't know that. The one way you could say that for sure is by holding a po....oh wait.

Most criticism is taking place outside of these boards.
    Most criticism is taking place outside of these boards for other reason. Most people who are old fans of LOK are posting on places outside of these boards.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Originally Posted by Driber

---

Furthermore, a thread set up like this is just bait for flame wars between members and we will not have that. We'll keep this open for now and monitor it closely, but if things get ugly, a padlock will shortly follow...
    I call his lack of professionalism supposing what i think. I dontt want a cancellation of this just the opinions. Regardless of the devs and admins who hate me for this poll. Mods please do this poll private
    signature image

Originally Posted by blueobelix
    I call his lack of professionalism supposing what i think.
    I never voiced any assumptions about what you personally think.

I was addressing those people who wish this game to be cancelled or to flop.

Regardless of the devs and admins who hate me for this poll.
    I don't hate you

Mods please do this poll private
    Done

Yet again. "Agreed, cancelling this game... blablabla" i want to bold this, i never said or wanted to otbers say to make devs cancel nosgoth, my PERSONAL opinion is that nosgoth should an addon gameplay for a lok sequel. Please, for those who respond BE OBJECTIVE AND post your own opinion. You have nothing to gain if you agree the devs admin mods or other people over the net.
    I am glad you dont hate me xD, and thanks you did the poll private. I didnt wanted to do any flamewar it was not my intention, didnt knew the "public" thing shows the name of those who voted lol. I am on tablet is hard for me to know what does each feature.
    VOTE ON and respect yours and others opinion.

blueobelix, as I just said, I wasn't voicing any assumptions on your intentions. I was merely agreeing with Vampmaster that a cancellation of NG would not automatically lead to a SP LOK game. I never said that that is what you want.

I'm sorry you took it so personal.

Great to hear you're positive about NG and that you wish people respect each other's opinion

I call his lack of professionalism supposing what i think. I dontt want a cancellation of this just the opinions. Regardless of the devs and admins who hate me for this poll. Mods please do this poll private
    I don't hate you either and I'm not involved with this game professionally. I wasn't claiming to know your intentions, but I'd seen that sort of thing in the past.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I don't hate you either and I'm not involved with this game professionally. I wasn't claiming to know your intentions, but I'd seen that sort of thing in the past.
    You saw that in my post o other people's?
    Also this is becoming shameful for me. Lets just post vote and post personal opinion about the main subject of this thread
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I don't hate you either and I'm not involved with this game professionally.
    For the record - neither am I.

...nosgoth should an addon gameplay for a lok sequel.
    First, Nosgoth isn't really a sequel. It's a game that expands upon the lore in the world but has no direct impact to the story of the main story. You wouldn't consider WOW a sequel to Warcraft would you?

Second, if a F2P game is successful it can keep going for years. This is a much better scenario for multiplayer games than an add on to a single player game where the interest in that aspect of the game dies relatively quickly.

This may not be the game the fans want, but it's a step in building a franchise that could amount to more.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last