Thread: Defiance available again at Best Buy

Defiance available again at Best Buy

Today we got several copies of Defiance for both systems at the Best Buy I work at. They are $10 a piece (but the X-Box version is $5 with my employee discount ). I'm thinking of picking up the X-Box one so that when it eventually becomes BC with the 360, I'll have a copy I can play in High Def.

Well I picked up Defiance today for the X-Box. Now I just have to wait for it to become BC on the 360 so I can replay this game in High Def. Although, now that I think of it, the PS2 version would probably be in HD when played on the PS3...

I still see plenty of copies in pre-owned games stores here in the UK.
    Our futures are predestined. It is my fate to write this and yours to read this. Free will is an illusion.

But preowned is not the same as brand new.

Wait, you mean they actually allowed LoK to be released in Europe? Wow, I thought those pigs in the Gov would have banned it for Gothic overtones like they ban everything else. I still can't believe they banned Leisuresuit Larry. Someone over there needs to go out and buy a small item called a Sense of Humor. And then you got the whole joke they did about the X-Box baby commercial. No offense to you, but Europe's government is a joke. George Bush would fit right in with them.

i second that motion!
    but instead get all the lame people and shove 'em in a ditch somewhere - atleast then they'll be useful and good at their job (use your imagination )

You must be relatively new around here since there's plenty of LOK European fans (myself, Preacher and Omega to name a few).

Game banning/censorship isn't that bad in the UK but I've heard it's pretty bad in Germany. Head decapitations in the German versions of Resident Evil games, all PS2 GTA games were banned and any uneducational-games including Nazi symbols are banned.

There have been plenty of games with graphic violence released here in the UK. It's only really an issue when a game contains extreme immorality and depravity which leads to parents fielding complaints (which incidently are the same parents I see in stores buying little Billy 18-rated games without batting an eyelid).

Anyway, you hark on about our European governments. What about your very own American Jack Thompson? The guy who tried to get the Sims banned because you could see children in the shower even though it's completely blurred out? The guy calls video games "murder simulators" and claims the vibration from a controller ""gives you a pleasurable buzz back into your hands with each kill". I think this guy is far worse than any game critic in Europe.
    Our futures are predestined. It is my fate to write this and yours to read this. Free will is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKFan View Post
    ""gives you a pleasurable buzz back into your hands with each kill"
    That's funny

I thought there were more european LoK fans around than american. Somebody should make a poll, just out of curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by LOKFan View Post
    Anyway, you hark on about our European governments. What about your very own American Jack Thompson? The guy who tried to get the Sims banned because you could see children in the shower even though it's completely blurred out? The guy calls video games "murder simulators" and claims the vibration from a controller ""gives you a pleasurable buzz back into your hands with each kill". I think this guy is far worse than any game critic in Europe.

I'm not new here, I just don't come here that often.

You are right, Jack Thompson is a joke. I wish someone would just decapitate him with a Wiimote to shut him up.

Exclamation

Ah yes, it appears we've forgotten our stance on political discussions on the boards (e.g. the administration frowns upon them because they rarely remain constructive).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm not new here, I just don't come here that often.

You are right, Jack Thompson is a joke. I wish someone would just decapitate him with a Wiimote to shut him up.
    And here's a prime example. We're not going to tolerate comments like this (be they made in jest or otherwise). You're advised to do some thinking before you elect to press the submit button in the future.

Thread closed.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire