Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we playing?

I just completed Soul Reaver the other day, and am now half way through Soul Reaver 2

I too completed Soul Reaver again the other day. What a great game I'm going through the whole series again whilst I'm waiting for any news on the next game in the series
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

well because of Watcher I'm still playing Blood Omen , was playing Morrowind and I finished Halo 2.

MoH warfare chest.
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

I've been tempted to get the new MoH game for the PSP... is it any good?

"Heros" or something, looks interesting, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I've been tempted to get the new MoH game for the PSP... is it any good?
    Excellent! From my experience anyway. I recommend it

Okay, I'll add that on the Christmas list.

The second game with my PSP, next to Metal Gear Solid (which was a bit crap, to be honest).

Lightbulb

I'm still making my way through Kingdom Hearts II (I only seem to manage to play about two hours per day during the week and catch up on more over the weekends given my hectic schedule). It has picked up a bit since I last posted, but it's still not as good as the original, IMO. I think I'm a little more than half way through at this point.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Neverwinter Nights and expansions
    The Sims 2(a personal favourite of mine)
    Star Wars:Knight of the Old Republic II-The Sith Lords(Darkside with a Sith Lord/Jedi Consular)
    Warcraft 3:Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne(doing the campaigns)
    "Damn you, Kain! You are not God! This act of genocide is unconscionable! " ~ Raziel, Soul Reaver

Thumbs Up

I'm going to attempt to finish KH2 tonight. I just picked up The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for GameCube yesterday as well. With any luck, I'll be starting that tomorrow. (And let me tell you, that game was a pain to find). LOL!
    ~ Voltaire

I just tweaked Thief: Deadly Shadows last night, new hi-res textures plus gameplay mods, and it runs like a dream. It's pretty good too, once you get used to the new controls.

Also Okami. That game is absolutely gorgeous. I love to feed the animals and heal the Guardian saplings.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha Roxy View Post
    I just tweaked Thief: Deadly Shadows last night, new hi-res textures plus gameplay mods, and it runs like a dream. It's pretty good too, once you get used to the new controls.

Also Okami. That game is absolutely gorgeous. I love to feed the animals and heal the Guardian saplings.
    I played the demo of Okami. I can't wait for it to show up here! Painting your enemies away is instant classic.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

i started playing the Da vinci code...but i doubt i will finish.....the game is dreadful....full of checkpoint bugs and too much fighting.....in a nutshell it's a waste of a CD
    signature image
    www.codename-croft.com Raid My tomb and i'll tell Lara

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by ladylinnycroft View Post
    i started playing the Da vinci code...but i doubt i will finish.....the game is dreadful....full of checkpoint bugs and too much fighting.....in a nutshell it's a waste of a CD
    LOL, well, an interesting premise turned into an ok movie turned into a crappy game. I've never seen such a thing.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

What's Okami like? It's not due out here until February, but has had some extremely promising reviews. My brothers aren't too sure about it, but I'm definitely thinking of picking it up when it is released here.
    "The seeds of the future lie buried in the past."

Cool

Whilst eagerly awaiting another Legacy of Kain game to be released by Eidos (HURRY UP PLEASE) I recently finished playing The Godfather game on my PS2 and it was surprisingly enjoyable, despite the morbid reviews I read on other game sites.

At present I am currently playing Age of Empires the Warchiefs & also some of my old Final Fantasy games. I've started off with Final Fantasy 4 and will try and work my way up through the series atleast until Final Fantasy 12 is released in the UK .

I would also like to see another Conflict game made as I really want to know what happenned to Foley after Global Storm and like most people can't wait for GTA4
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. (George Orwell)

Have you played Shadows before?. I played them back-front. Played Shadows first then the first two. I had not played Thief before.
    I love it. Played a few times over.
    Playing all the fan Missions for Thief2 just now. Hundreds of them. Fantastic fun to play.

I've got both Mortal Kombat - Armageddon, and The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess keeping me distracted from things I should be doing
    signature image
    The TimeSplitters Portal - For all your Time Splitting needs

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by DrkSnpr14 View Post
    I've got both Mortal Kombat - Armageddon,
    Especially the Go-Kart aspect of it. LOL!
    ~ Voltaire

I seem to be playing rather too much Sims 2. Apart from that, Doom 3 and the old C&C games - mostly Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. Those are really great games, anyone else play(ed)? Also, am on (first) run through TR1. There's a truly great game

The various incarnations of Silent Hill have caught my eye, but I have no idea how they play. They look terrifying. Are they good?

I should really get into the whole gaming thing more... might be bad for the ol' budget though.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by StarChampagne View Post
    I seem to be playing rather too much Sims 2.
    I thought I was the only one!
    Those games are so addicting, eh?
    But I'd take Thief or TR over Sims any day

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    I thought I was the only one!
    Those games are so addicting, eh?
    But I'd take Thief or TR over Sims any day
    I should really expand my gaming tastes beyond making virtual people cook and clean

Tomb Raider is the best series ever, obviously Although I haven't played many so I shouldn't be passing judgement. Speaking of which, are there any games that absolutely have to be played? And any recent titles that are worth getting? Sorry this is so general, but I would like one or more really good, preferably lengthy games to get into, and I really don't have much of a clue what is going on in the gaming world. So I shall start now
    signature image

Tomb Raider is the best series ever, obviously
    Actually I prefer Thief over TR

Speaking of which, are there any games that absolutely have to be played?
    I'll give you a few of my personal favorites, though most of these are definately not up to date:
    Quake 4 (lengthy game)
    Medal of Honor Pacific Assault (lengthy game)
    Thief 1-3 (somewhat lengthy games)
    UT2003 (basically a search and destroy game)
    Stronghold 2 (castle sim, completely different from the Sim series)

As far as recent titles:
    Guild Wars Nightfall (lengthy game)

I seem to stick to the older games for some reason. Sorry I can't be of much help.

I have a couple suggestions, Star, if you're looking for something a little different. Check out Pangea games. As far as I know, they started with Macintosh games, and Apple bundled their game Bugdom with Apple's earlier iMacs, and Pangea has subsequently made a name for itself for their inventive games. Bugdom is intended for a younger audience (about my age group ). In Bugdom, you're a beetle, and you kill some baddies, and explore, and look for keys to unlock doors...remindes me of another game. Its cute, nice environments, really well done, and Bugdom 2 is even better.

For a thinking type of game, Pangea has Enigmo. You have to get drops of water, oil, and something red (forget at the moment) into containers. It's something like The Incredible Machine, where you are given tools and parts to work with and position to perform an action. Enigmo 2 is space-themed.

The Pangea site has descriptions of the games and Mac downloads, but there is also a link to another site that hosts the Windows versions. I think Windows demos are available. Check it out.

http://www.pangeasoft.net/

mine:
    Command & Conquer: Renegade (online)
    The Longest Journey (on-and-off)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast