Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we playing?

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon01 View Post
    But by the time that comes out, I'll have successfully spent my college fund on a PS3. I might even have to sell my house.
    Priorities!!! Get them straight! Game is Life.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Big Grin Priorities

I don't see a problem with Gideon's priorities.

I've been playing a game called Amplitude. It's from the people who made guitar hero, excellent game. Good luck finding it in stores though, most places don't even carry it. I had to go on ebay for it

It's really really addicting, creating the music
    signature image
    The TimeSplitters Portal - For all your Time Splitting needs

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruum Taedor View Post
    I don't see a problem with Gideon's priorities.
    That's what I meant, silly. Was I too vague? Sell the kids and play videogames!
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Quote Originally Posted by DrkSnpr14 View Post
    I've been playing a game called Amplitude. It's from the people who made guitar hero, excellent game. Good luck finding it in stores though, most places don't even carry it. I had to go on ebay for it

It's really really addicting, creating the music
    Ooh, I remember reading a review for that years ago... it looked very interesting!

Oh, I see. When you said "Priorities!!! Get them straight!", that implied to me that you thought the priorities were not straight. I don't always understand one's meaning, but I do speak very goodly English.

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail View Post
    Sell the kids and play videogames!
    I could agree with that.
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruum Taedor View Post
    Oh, I see. When you said "Priorities!!! Get them straight!", that implied to me that you thought the priorities were not straight. I don't always understand one's meaning, but I do speak very goodly English.
    Nah, it's my fault....it happens to me a lot.

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I just started FFXII. Really a great game. I'm hoping I can convince the wife into picking up Gears of War for my 360.
    On my PC I am playing JTF and Pacific Storm.

I am just messing about on TR4, playing the levels i like and skipping the ones I have forgotten how to do
    We have reached the sanctum of the ancients, the first footfalls in these tombs for centuries...

Big Grin Off Topic, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    I am just messing about on TR4, playing the levels i like and skipping the ones I have forgotten how to do
    Hi Jess, haven't seen you around for a while, how are you?
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Thumbs Up

Omega, Nightfall is amazing, back to the original format of major storyline induced gameplay like Prophecies, it got a little lost in the Factions chapter, but has been reinstalled with a vengeance in NF.
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

Just bought Stronghold 2, great game
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    Just bought Stronghold 2, great game
    I really loved Stronghold.....the strategy game set in the AD&D world. It was so much fun! I loved overseeing the building of towns of Elves and Dwarves and Halflings.

"It's not a game. It's a toy!"
    I've been having a blast with this!

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKMAN View Post

I saw this on a news article on tv.

I've been wondering where I could find it.

Reminds me of all of the face planting in the snow I did when I was a kid.

Thanks Deek!!

Thumbs Up

oooooooooooooooo thats great, Deek! Haven't seen that before!!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKMAN View Post
    I was playing with something similar at lineflyer.com or something like that and it disappeared. I'm glad you pointed out this one.

Lightbulb

My friend let me try out WoW on his computer last week. (First time trying it). I have to be honest with you, I'm not overly impressed with it (I made it to level six or so). I suppose I'm used to being able to interact more with the scenery (e.g. busting open barrels, beating tables, etc.), the battles I've been involved in are monotonous and the ambience isn't all that exciting (kind of reminds me of TR1 in many respects). There's also the issue in lack of creativity when it comes to being able to create a character. My friend told me it picks up the further you get, because it can't seem to hold my interest though, I'm not sure if I want to pick it up to try it on my own. (And I love RPG's) **ducks and covers**
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post
    My friend let me try out WoW on his computer last week. (First time trying it). I have to be honest with you, I'm not overly impressed with it (I made it to level six or so). I suppose I'm used to being able to interact more with the scenery (e.g. busting open barrels, beating tables, etc.), the battles I've been involved in are monotonous and the ambience isn't all that exciting (kind of reminds me of TR1 in many respects). There's also the issue in lack of creativity when it comes to being able to create a character. My friend told me it picks up the further you get, because it can't seem to hold my interest though, I'm not sure if I want to pick it up to try it on my own. (And I love RPG's) **ducks and covers**
    Don't worry, Umah, except for your comical TR comment, We are in agreement. Goran and I had the same experience with "wow" ...in that it did not wow us at all. If you get a chance to try a bit of Everquest2, it is quite pretty, and you get a huge ability to tweak your own character. I played the demo for a long time, and really enjoyed it, but the 30$ per month fee made us cringe, and Goran didn't like the combat much. As for other mmorpgs, aside from the need for "real" players later on in the game (instead of the very handy at low levels rent-a-cop npcs) and the level cap, we really loved Guild Wars, and it's nonexistent monthly fee.

I'm back playing Tomb Raider 3, this time on PC. Its taken a while to play this game again, I thought I'd be scarred for life after playing that game on PS, but its surprisingly super easy on PC in comparison.
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

I was really waiting for Gothic 3 to arrive so I could play that between Guild Wars Nightfall. So I downloaded the demo and found my poor PC is not up to it. So i'll have to wait for that one.

I'm playing the classic "lets-draw-logical-data-models-and-ERDs-for-coursework"

GTA:VC on PS2 borrowed from my friend. Nostalgia hit me !!!!!
    signature image

I've just finished playing through the single player campaign in Starcraft again. I'm gonna move on to Brood War some time soon. What with uni work and uni life, I've gotten out of touch with what's what in gaming.
    "The seeds of the future lie buried in the past."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast