Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy

Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy

Distant Worlds FINAL FANTASY 25th Anniversary Concert: Chicago

AWR Music Productions, LLC is proud to present the official symphony concert world-tour Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Launched in conjunction with the twentieth anniversary of Final Fantasy, this concert production features the music of the great video game series FINAL FANTASY and composer Nobuo Uematsu. The concerts are performed by symphony orchestra, choir, and renowned vocal and instrumental soloists, under the direction of GRAMMY Award-winner and acclaimed conductor Arnie Roth. With HD video direct from the FINAL FANTASY game developers SQUARE ENIX projected onto giant screens throughout the concerts, a rapidly growing repertoire of classic FINAL FANTASY music, and an extraordinary fan base, Distant Worlds is a unique multimedia concert experience every time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

As posted on the news section of the site, a new concert celebrating the 25th Anniversary of FINAL FANTASY is scheduled for this December 7th at the Chicago Akoo Theatre. Featuring GRAMMY Award-winning conductor, Arnie Roth, and the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra and Chorus; this concert is specially designed with select tracks from the complete FINAL FANTASY series.

We're hoping to see all of you there! Be sure to read all the details on our news announcement, and participate in the pre-sale on June 26th at 10:00 AM using the code "Kupo" to access.

We'll have an art exhibit, displays about each title, and more. Plus you can purchase VIP access which lets you in on a meet-and-greet with Arnie Roth and Nobuo Uematsu who will be in attendance at this concert.

Go ahead and talk about the concert in this thread, perhaps with a role call of who plans on attending? ME ME ME!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 1st Nov 2014 at 19:38.

If I was in the midwest still I would be there.

Are you also going to release a CD of the live tracks?

Finally! I'll be there with my partner.

I've been to almost every FF concert they've had here in Chicago, only missed out one one of them... or technically two since they had them back to back once with different line ups XD.

Anyway, really excited to see Chicago getting a cool exclusive cocnert like this (we get spoiled a lot. I blame Arnie). Not sure if i'll go VIP since I managed to go to the special event in Chicago a few months back and got a lot of stuff signed then... but i'll definitely be buying my tickets as soon as they go on sale. Sounds like a lot of fun!

How much have the VIP packages cost in the past? I've been listening to the music since I was a kid, so I think it'd be really great to get my FFVI Piano Collections hardcover book signed and meet them.

Originally Posted by Coddlefish

How much have the VIP packages cost in the past? I've been listening to the music since I was a kid, so I think it'd be really great to get my FFVI Piano Collections hardcover book signed and meet them.

Usually $150 per VIP ticket.

Gotcha. Yeah, I can manage that then.

I just checked with ticketmaster.com and the VIP ticket is roughly 180 after processing and fees. I can't wait. It's gonna be one of the best concerts ever, and all the more since it's a one time only set.

Woke up bright and early and got my tickets. Almost front row and VIP. I'm really excited and hoping we get some killer performances.

I also got my VIP ticket as well. This will be my first Distant World concert. I missed the one that was in Atlanta.

Got my ticket the moment it opened up, VIP all the way. I'll see you there!

If anyone has already attended one of the distant world concerts in the past and remembers what some of the merchandise prices were that would be really good to know... I personally hope they have the Square-Enix Polos like they are wearing now at all the cons. I could probably get away with wearing them at work.

I've never been to a final fantasy concert. There been a few times when they were in houston but either i had no way of getting there or i was broke

this really sucks.

i'm coming all the way from Western Canada for this one, it'll be my first Distant Worlds Concert. Very much looking forward to it.

Distant Worlds Ohio Premiere
    Ohio Theater
    Distant Worlds Philharmonic
    Arnie Roth, conductor

Nobuo Uematsu in attendance
    Susan Calloway, guest soloist!

Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY performs for the first time in Columbus, Ohio, at the Ohio Theater! Distant Worlds is teaming up with Matsuricon to create an awesome weekend, with a specially designed program to mark the occasion. Featuring powerful selections from throughout the 25 year catalogue of monumental FINAL FANTASY music, this will be a day to remember. The concert will commence Saturday afternoon, where it fits perfectly into the schedule of the Matsuricon events.

FINAL FANTASY composer Nobuo Uematsu will be in attendance, and of special note: Nobuo Uematsu and Arnie Roth will be the featured soloists with Nobuo Uematsu on organ and Arnie Roth on violin in FINAL FANTASY VI: Dark World.

General on sale info

Tickets on sale NOW at ticketmaster.com. Prices from $38 to $78 for standard tickets. VIP Tickets $153.

VIP Tickets
    There will be a limited capacity Meet & Greet held at the Ohio Theatre after the show. Meet composer Nobuo Uematsu and conductor Arnie Roth after the FINAL FANTASY concert in this exclusive autograph session and photo opportunity! Special VIP tickets include premium seating for the performance.

Highlights include...
    Final Fantasy Medley I - III
    Final Fantasy IV - Theme of Love
    Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge
    Final Fantasy VI - Opera "Maria and Draco"
    Final Fantasy VI - Dark World
    Final Fantasy VII - Aerith's Theme
    Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes on Me featuring Susan Calloway
    Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded By Light
    Check back soon as we announce more pieces!
    Program subject to change

--

I'm not going to this performance, but can we just talk about how incredible it is that they're going to be performing "Dark World" from FFVI? Of all the songs, that's a huge surprise. Crossing my fingers it goes over well and they perform it for the 25th Anniversary show in Chicago.

I am really excited aboot this concert and am in the process of trying to get tickets. The song set-list is wonderful and would love to go! Thanks for posting this Coddlefish.

Trullllly AMAZING
    Columbus OHIO is where i went.
    The man himself playing

Nope I am an introvert/ semi-misanthrop. Bottom line I don't like to go out anywhere with peoples. XD Especially if it involves verbal communication. * Shudders*. Still, that concert sounded interesting and I'm almost partially sad that I didn't go...partially. Did you like it?

Originally Posted by Prism
    Nope I am an introvert/ semi-misanthrop. Bottom line I don't like to go out anywhere with peoples. XD Especially if it involves verbal communication. * Shudders*. Still, that concert sounded interesting and I'm almost partially sad that I didn't go...partially. Did you like it?
    i freaaaaking loved it. one winged angel waas the best. We were the chorus

FINAL FANTASY Concert – Twitter Ticket Giveaways! na.square-enix.com/go/article/view/final...!
    FINAL FANTASY 25th Anniversary Concert Schedule na.square-enix.com/finalfantasy/go/artic...
    Pictures www.finalfantasy.net/trff/final-fantasy-...
    FINAL FANTASY 25th Anniversary Concert - Wrap-Up na.square-enix.com/finalfantasy/go/artic...
    Last edited by Grimoire; 1st Nov 2014 at 19:37.

Where do we download our pre-show pictures from? The handout said to go to Facebook.com/FINALFANTASY, but it only directs me to my news feed/homepage when I attempt to access it.

We've put them up on facebook.com/squareenix

hi Square Enix. Im from Costa Rica. in all the mails that i receive from your concerts i see that you play in the US and other countries, but why dont you come to play here in Costa Rica or in latin american countries?

FINAL FANTASY SOUTH AMERICAN PREMIERE! www.ffdistantworlds.com/component/ohanah...

Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy

AWR Music Productions, LLC is proud to present the official symphony concert world-tour Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Launched in conjunction with the twentieth anniversary of Final Fantasy, this concert production features the music of the great video game series FINAL FANTASY and composer Nobuo Uematsu. The concerts are performed by symphony orchestra, choir, and renowned vocal and instrumental soloists, under the direction of GRAMMY Award-winner and acclaimed conductor Arnie Roth. With HD video direct from the FINAL FANTASY game developers SQUARE ENIX projected onto giant screens throughout the concerts, a rapidly growing repertoire of classic FINAL FANTASY music, and an extraordinary fan base, Distant Worlds is a unique multimedia concert experience every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last