Thread: Guilding sistems on Nosgoth?

Guilding sistems on Nosgoth?

Guilding sistems on Nosgoth?

Will there be an in-game guilding sistem? If so, will we have to get only one Guild Master?
    signature image

Well I can't tell you for sure but I doubt its that kind of game, however it would be cool if they had a team system or duo system like in League of Legends.

Wouldn't "Clan" be a more appropriate term?
    "Guild" just feels a little too MMO-ish for my tastes, and then there is the 'Vampire clan' link
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    Wouldn't "Clan" be a more appropriate term?
    "Guild" just feels a little too MMO-ish for my tastes, and then there is the 'Vampire clan' link
    clan for vamp, guild for human. kinda wish it were more MMOish now, lol
    signature image

Originally Posted by AlterRequiem
    clan for vamp, guild for human. kinda wish it were more MMOish now, lol
    Actually, there will be no division of players in humans or vampires. Every player plays as both, unless they quit before the second part of the match happens. In each match we have two parts: a team play as human en the other as vampire, and then they swap it out: the humans become vampires and the vampires become human.
    signature image

If not 'Guilds' how about 'Sects'?
    As we can't use 'clans' as that would get confusing with the whole vampire clans, and then the player "clans".

Originally Posted by Alaethyr
    If not 'Guilds' how about 'Sects'?
    As we can't use 'clans' as that would get confusing with the whole vampire clans, and then the player "clans".
    I think that it is nonsense, and this is starting to get off the topic's subject. I would like a dev. to answer the topic...
    signature image

We currently do not have any guild support for the alpha, and given that that is usually more of an MMO system I don't think we currently have any plans to add it. That's not saying we won't if there's enough public demand for it, just saying that it currently does not exist.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    We currently do not have any guild support for the alpha, and given that that is usually more of an MMO system I don't think we currently have any plans to add it. That's not saying we won't if there's enough public demand for it, just saying that it currently does not exist.
    Thanks for the reply. ^^

I was personally hoping for more of a small clan system rather than a big guild of 100s of players
    Not sure how many player are on each side during a match, but let me assume 5?
    So a clan of 5 would be nice, with a name of sorts? and maybe a stats system? Total deaths, kills, %, avgs etc etc

EDIT - this could lead to some team/clan ranking system which would be awesome
    Last edited by Tube_Reaver; 7th Oct 2013 at 21:11.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    =/ I think there should be one... PLEASE. That would even make the public keep on the game, you know?
    signature image

Actually we have plans for a Clan system, just not for Alpha. I hadn't talked to Eric about it lately so he didn't know.

What we are still discussing is the full scope. The basics would be creating a Clan, inviting members, seeing who's online / what they're doing, etc. A slightly larger scope version would include a Clan chest you could deposit items into to share with your clan mates.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Actually we have plans for a Clan system, just not for Alpha. I hadn't talked to Eric about it lately so he didn't know.

What we are still discussing is the full scope. The basics would be creating a Clan, inviting members, seeing who's online / what they're doing, etc. A slightly larger scope version would include a Clan chest you could deposit items into to share with your clan mates.
    I think that is not needed, but I would love having some interaction from it in the lobby room. Like, when you are searching for a room to play, it shows the ones who has our clan members in other text collor or something... that would be nice. Also, how many members is the maximun, as you plan?
    signature image

We don't currently have a maximum number in mind.

Highlighting clan mates in lobbies is a good idea and I'll add it to the list.

Great, what about clan stats? To see how each member is doing individually? And what about clan matches such as clan vs clan with a ranking ladder and stats for those?

Originally Posted by Alaethyr
    Great, what about clan stats? To see how each member is doing individually? And what about clan matches such as clan vs clan with a ranking ladder and stats for those?
    I think that it is enough for now. Maybe they add it later. About the member's stats, I think we could see that as we look at the player's profile.
    signature image

Highlighting clan mates in lobbies is a good idea and I'll add it to the list.
    What about duo Queuing? D=

Originally Posted by Anacrothe
    What about duo Queuing? D=
    I think that it is no need, since you choose your lobby, as I understood.
    signature image

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    I think that it is no need, since you choose your lobby, as I understood.
    Oh right forgot woops xD

Oh right forgot woops xD
    Heh ^^ But that could be added as you can pick "random lobby" or something like that.
    signature image

Just don't do the mistake Digital Extremes did and leave them uncapped. It leads to massive technical problems.

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    Heh ^^ But that could be added as you can pick "random lobby" or something like that.
    Lol yeah I guess i was thinking too much of LoL so yeah xD

Lol yeah I guess i was thinking too much of LoL so yeah xD
    Stop that bro... New gen of MOBA coming =P kkkkkkk
    signature image