Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy on PSN and Vita

Final Fantasy on PSN and Vita

Final Fantasy on PSN and Vita

I can't afford to get a ps Vita because I have too many other things I have to spend my little amount of money on. I hope Square Enix doesn't release any FFs on PS vita, because I would miss out on all of them. As it is I can't play FF 13 or FF 13-2 because I don't have a PS3. Why can't companies stop making upgraded consoles? We've reached perfection in Gaming! If people from the 1970s saw this they'd slap themselves out of this dream.
    Please No FFs for PSV. Keep them on PSP, or at least make the games on UMD's like PSPs rather than those data sticks.

Originally Posted by Crow
    I can't afford to get a ps Vita because I have too many other things I have to spend my little amount of money on. I hope Square Enix doesn't release any FFs on PS vita, because I would miss out on all of them. As it is I can't play FF 13 or FF 13-2 because I don't have a PS3. Why can't companies stop making upgraded consoles? We've reached perfection in Gaming! If people from the 1970s saw this they'd slap themselves out of this dream.
    Please No FFs for PSV. Keep them on PSP, or at least make the games on UMD's like PSPs rather than those data sticks.
    In truth they may have to put them on PSVitas cause for gameing and video game companies they have to make something new for other consules too but I know how you feel about some of games on different consules but they have to do what they are told to do.

With a new console comes new tools. That way develepors can have new ideas and start fresh. Consoles aren't like computers, when you update your Video/Sound card and there you go. Consoles usually are inovative. Vita has all that gimicks: touch screen, touch-sensible rear, giroscope etc etc. If Vita keeps with his growing sales (a long way to go it, but possible) SE is bound to release titles to it. FF X HD is already schedule and there been coments on FF type-0.

Unfortunately you can forget your PSP. It was never strong here in west and Sony already gave up. Proof is, there has been no talk about Type-0. And Sony made us a favor of no retrocompability, what makes it worse. So, you can ask or even beg, there will be no use. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft need to make new consoles for cash, basically. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 2 is bound to show on Vita, sometime after KH3 (I would guess late 2016 in Japan).

And, hey, there is a talking about a 99 PS3 somewhere in the near future. Save up your coins.

That is very limiting creative wise. Creative people always want to bigger and better things and sometimes old consoles cannot perform up to par with what devs want. This has been by far the longest we have gone without new consoles coming out. I have a PSV and it's awesome and I do hope they put games onto it. It's a fantastic system and I would live to see Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games on it.

I understand where your coming from but honestly your lagging behind and that's not the console makers nor the devs fault or problem. In order for our industry to grow, technology must advance. If we didn't advance we would have never got PS1 era games like VII, VIII and IX or moved on to PS2 and played games like X and XII.

What I am trying to say is perfection is never reached. There is always something that could've been better or could have been tweaked a little better for better gameplay. Technology will never stop advancing. People 10 years ago thought "we can't possibly get better graphics than PS2 or Xbox" and yet when PS3 and 360 came out they blew us away. Technology can always get better.

Here is what I recommend for you. Get a good job and start saving up. If you want to play everything then get everything. There are always hard choices between consoles but use your best judgement and go with that. Just because you don't have something doesn't mean they shouldn't make something for that. Other people do want to see Square make games for Vita. It would very selfish of you to say "don't make games for those guys because I dont have that. So if I can't have it no one should."

See how selfish that sounds..

Originally Posted by Crow

That comment comes across as selfish.

Perhaps the biggest gripe with some Vita owners is the supposed lack of games and/or support.

If there was a FF Vita game in consideration, your best bet is to save up for one.

I always though the PSP was genius. I have one, and so do all of my friends here in VA. We all have a bunch of games for it and we all still play them, I always thought the PSP was better than the ds in multiple ways. It's just that Nintendo advertised their system so much more than Sony. Also if you can remember when the PSP first came out, it took FOREVER for them to make any good games on it. That's why I think a lot of people gave up on it. But the truth is that the PSP was amazing and still is. Those of you who have played Dissidia, Valkyria Chronicles 2, God of War, Monster Hunter, Crisis Core, and many other titles will agree with me. I wish many games that were exclusive to japan would come out here cause I'd buy a bunch of them.

PSVITA is awesome as well, it needs better titles but it will get there. I haven't purchased one yet but it's on my list for things that I want. I would love to see a Final Fantasy on it, and I would also love to see maybe a kingdom hearts. Christmas is right around the corner, ask for one. I'm 24 so I doubt I could ask for one and get away with getting it, so I'll more than likely just have to purchase one myself with one of my paychecks, but make sure you get one, buy games for it, support it, so that we can get all the great titles here in the US too.

Technology will keep on moving forward and there's nothing we can do about it. I love the PSP as much as you do, and we're on the same page with not having enough money to buy a Vita, but it'll eventually get price drops. This sounds corny, but just keep on doing "quests" and earn "gil" and exp. You'll eventually "level up" your console.

Another option is to learn Japanese. It'll multiply the games you can play tenfold. It's not as easy as collecting Al Bhed Primers though. (Pardon my lame references)

Yeah , I can see Vita will have more better FFs or games in the future just like PSP get more good game than PS3 . I am going to get a Vita soon

You have to transfer from your PS3, but the following can now be played on Vita:

Final Fantasy Origins
    Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy Tactics

Enjoy.

This is fantastic news. Too bad for US Vita-only owners though (including myself ). The library will get better though, so I can't complain.

FFVII should be on the store front tomorrow. Hopefully along with more.

VII being transferred to Vita as we speak. Next up is VIII. This should make my 19 hour drive to Seattle a little more bearable.

Wait...

I can't play V on my vita. Crap. I only have V, VII and VIII downloaded....

Eh at least the got the important ones. ^_^

I gotta say VII just plays, looks and feels right on the Vita. The OLED screen really makes the colors pop and it looks less pixelated on the Vita's screen. I must say I think I will play all old school Final Fantasy games on my Vita. If Type-0 makes it on Vita I know it will look just fantastic. Make it happen Square. The Vita is a great handheld (the best handheld I have ever owned) it just needs the hit software (although I think wipeout 2048, Blazblue and Gravity Rush are some of the best handheld games I have ever played). Just make the software and the fans will come.

A lot of my friends are just waiting for Square, Capcom or one of the other big RPG makers to make a great game and they are all on board. Come on Square. You can make it happen. The first game to hit big hits really big and moves tons of software!

Please add the PSP versions of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II to the NA PSN Store with Vita compatibility

Final Fantasy Origins, which contains both Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II, are on PSN.

Yea i know but the PSP versions have the bonus dungeons

And the PSP versions don't use the old magic level system from the NES version

Just a quick "yes, please" to this request. I've got origins, but I'd really like to be able to play the 20th Anniverssary editions on my Vita, too.

I've never quite understood why they're available on other regions' PSN Stores, but not here in North America.

Although I have them on iPad (which are based on the PSP remakes), I think all PSP games should be available for digital download. So many games are missing like Crisis Core and Star Ocean.

Square is the worst troll ever for PSN releases. They make sure that the best games that they made are not added to PSN so Vita users are left at a dead end unless they have the Uno exploit.

Final Fantasy I

Final Fantasy II

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Stop being stupid and add them to PSN SE. Especially since FFI and FFII PSP are ALREADY ON THE EUROPEAN STORE

I bought my vita when the system first launched. I bought a couple of games for it but have since traded in all of them. Its an amazing piece of hardware, just not really interested in its current game line up. I have been hoping/waiting for an eventual Type 0 vita release. Well I found something to keep me busy in the meantime. I bought a Ps3 memory card adapter and transferred my original Playstation save files to my PS3. From there I transferred my save files onto my vita. After organizing these files in the vita's memory slots, I went ahead and bought every Final Fantasy game on the PSN.

The Result: I have FF1-FF9* on my vita matched with their save files that date as far back as 16 YEARS AGO! I turned my vita into a classic Final Fantasy machine and couldn't be happier. Hope this posts motivates some people to attempt the same. Anyone else done this yet?

*Except for FFV, for some reason its not available on the vita but yet its on PSN....Anyone know a tricky way to get in on the vita? Heard it could be done.

Interesting. I didn't know old save files could be used for the PSN downloads. I don't have a Vita yet, but I wonder if I could achieve the same with my PSP?

(Then again, I still have all my physical game copies of FF, which thus far have worked, so I'm good, lol)

Though I didn't know about the FF sale for NA until it was too late-I ended up buying the EU version of FFIX, so my old FFIX save data I still have won't work on it D:

Its really a huge shame that these two games were two of the all time greatest PSP games and they are not available for Vita owners. I loved my PSP for six years but its finally kicking out on me, and I upgraded to a Vita. It would be perfect if these two games were on PSN. It is definitely able to be ran on the Vita too because I am using the UNO exploit to play them right now, which is awesome, but it keeps me at firmware 2.02 which is really bad. I would rebuy them in a heartbeat!

If you like them so much, play them on the PSP. Vita can have new games. Are we done here?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last