Thread: Any news on the update/patch?

Any news on the update/patch?

Any news on the update/patch?

Well the topic says it all, it has being very quiet about it tho.

yes, a patch is necessary, some bugs needs fix

At this time there is no information concerning a patch. We are still in the process of evaluating some known issues with Just Cause. Please be patient as we try to resolve most of the issues. If you have any additional information to provide for your specific problem please feel free to post to the relevant threads on our forumns.

Originally Posted by PinCushion
    At this time there is no information concerning a patch. We are still in the process of evaluating some known issues with Just Cause. Please be patient as we try to resolve most of the issues. If you have any additional information to provide for your specific problem please feel free to post to the relevant threads on our forumns.
    Audio. Stutter. Fix. Please.

Yeah we need a patch.

Is there any word on the eta of a patch?

I bought this game for PC a couple of weeks ago and sold it to a used games store 2 days later. Just Cause had a lot of potential but it was released very prematurely. It is unpolished, buggy, and the controls are very unrefined.

It's obscene that this industry, plagued with copy protection as it is, does not allow returns of inferior products like this one. If Just Cause was a car it would be recalled. As far as I'm concerned Avalanche and Eidos owe me the $20 I lost on my terrible investment in this product. Of course both companies will pass the buck and neither will own up to the responsibility of customer satisfaction.

I'll never buy another Eidos game without reading reviews. Obviously this publisher's standards are nil. Thanks for being honest about not caring whether you ever patch this game. You might want to rename the game Lost Cause.

Originally Posted by bugmenot10
    I bought this game for PC a couple of weeks ago and sold it to a used games store 2 days later. Just Cause had a lot of potential but it was released very prematurely. It is unpolished, buggy, and the controls are very unrefined.

It's obscene that this industry, plagued with copy protection as it is, does not allow returns of inferior products like this one. If Just Cause was a car it would be recalled. As far as I'm concerned Avalanche and Eidos owe me the $20 I lost on my terrible investment in this product. Of course both companies will pass the buck and neither will own up to the responsibility of customer satisfaction.

I'll never buy another Eidos game without reading reviews. Obviously this publisher's standards are nil. Thanks for being honest about not caring whether you ever patch this game. You might want to rename the game Lost Cause.
    Here here, I feel the exact same as you but unlike you my local used game store wouldn't offer me more than 50p for this game so I'm going to hang onto it till Christmas and just give it someone i don't like, unless that is, there's a patch that fixes a load of problems with this game and polishes the game up. this is highly unlikely and looks like someone's getting a crappy game from crimbo!

Screw the patch!
    There will be no patch!
    Everyone is asking for a patch and there is none!
    Players have been asking it for months and there is so far no release
    about any type of patches!!!!!
    This game is a POS!

When you are on a mission and your under attack by 2 military heavy armed helicopters, a bunch of AI all over the place and tons of vehicles blocking your path,you can't even ask
    for extractions or a heavy drop! And when your health is running low and you need health replenishment really fast there is none! Most of the enemies don't have health replenishments! The only way to get it is through a safe house and where is that safe house? Milliions of miles away!
    1 million dumbass AI's versus one and that's you (the player)!
    Who get's killed...it's pretty obvious that it's you (the player).

Thanks PinCushion. However what we need right now is an eta on when you will be releasing a pach to fix the crashing bugs.

So could you please pass on a message to the head programmer for us?

Message: everyday you delay releasing a patch or giving a patch release date is costing you customers. Please be aware that there are many fine games being released at the moment that are playable.
    You deserve to reap the rewards for your hard work but untill the major bugs are squashed customers would have to be crazy to buy this game.

Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by PinCushion
    Well it has gone over 2 month now and no information of the patch, this is a very poor support from Eidos and i will think both 2 and 3 times before buying anything else they have done.

Damned publishers pushing developers to release games too quickly!
    Damned lazy PC-developers thinking they can get away with releasing a game for PC super early because they can always patch it later!

There probably will never be a patch, or it will take 2 years to come out. Just like for Hitman: Blood Money which has been DESPERATLEY needing a 1.3 patch for the better part of a year.

Eidos

As for this comment:

Originally Posted by moosa12
    Screw the patch!
    When you are on a mission and your under attack by 2 military heavy armed helicopters, a bunch of AI all over the place and tons of vehicles blocking your path,you can't even ask
    for extractions or a heavy drop! And when your health is running low and you need health replenishment really fast there is none! Most of the enemies don't have health replenishments! The only way to get it is through a safe house and where is that safe house? Milliions of miles away!
    1 million dumbass AI's versus one and that's you (the player)!
    Who get's killed...it's pretty obvious that it's you (the player).
    Stuff like that wouldn't really be dealt with in a patch anyways man. Patches deal with technical issues.
    Personally, I don't mind either of those things, I think they serve to make the game more realistic and challenging.

If you were really a field agent in the middle of a firefight, I don't think your agency would immediatley send in a chopper to pull you out. Mostly because the chopper would suffer a great risk of being shot down and thereby completely defeating the purpose. In addition to this, you are a secret agent, and the agency you are working for does not want anyone to know your actions are tied to them. If your enemies saw a big CIA helicoper coming down to pick you up all the time, they would probably put 2 and 2 together. Finally, this is even mentioned in one of the cut scenes in the beggining of the game: your agency contact mentions something like "If you get into trouble, remember, you don't know us, we don't know you."

The game is too easy as it is, take those out and it would be a laugh. I've been in that scenario in the game many times and found ways to get out alive.
    I suppose if they made some major additions to the game (some like I've suggested), they could have easier difficulty levels where things like you mentioned would be available to you.

why do you even need to complete the dum mission anyway? you've got free roam havn't you?
    :D ...I like pie...Do you like pie..?:D

Avalanche wouldn't do itself a great favour if they don't try to fix this stuttering problem with a patch as it 's there first release

Exclamation Any update on a patch?

I get choppy framerate and stuttering sound after 60 to 90 minutes into teh game. Nice and smooth before that. The only way to solve this is to shut down and restart the game, which will let me play for another 60 min, etc. All my drivers are up to date. I get the issue with or without using the AMD DualCore Optimizer. Running XP SP2 with minimum set of background tasks and services, no AV or other spyware utilities running of course (I always use EndItAll before launching any games). I haven't had problems of that magnitude in any other current titles. Any solution to this issue? I'm about to give up on Avalanche..
    Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe/ AMD64 X2 4800+ Toledo w/ Zalman CNPS9500-LED Cooling / OCZ Titanium 2GB DDR400 2-3-2-5 1T/ ATI X1900 XTX / WD Raptor 150GB SATA1 / 2 x WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2 / Antec NeoHE 550W / NEC 16X DVD±R DVD 3550A / Samsung 930B LCD / Logitech THX Z-5300e / Nostromo N52 / Windows XP SP2