i'm having problems with getting acceptable graphics in Final Fantasy VII. The game is playable, and the movies appear fine, but under hardware acceleration the graphics on the gameplay backgrounds appear blocky and covered in lines. The text is also a little warped.

it looks like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...adgraphics.jpg

i have applied the XP patch, and under the config menu I've forced nVidia RIVA 128 compatibility (under TNT compability, it looks even worse).

I've looked up this problem on the internet, and so many people have recommended a number of different setups to use in Rivatuner (such as forcing textures to "0" or forcing certain antialiasing settings). But those recommendations are 3 years old, and it appears Rivatuner has changed quite a bit since then because I can't find most of the settings i need.

does anyone know how to set up the current version of Rivatuner to make FF7 work, or have any other methods for getting this to work? i don't like to have to use software rendering, the game moves so much more fluidly with D3D acceleration.

my basic spec:

Intel Pentium IV 3GHz
512MB RAM
nVidia GeForce 6200 (with latest drivers)
M-Audio Audiophile 2496
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy
Windows XP Home SP2

if you need more specs give me a shout.