Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let it snow?

Big Grin Communication Clarity

Can I come and visit you too? Now?

Hehe all we have to do is figure out who "you" are and where you are. It will make the difference between beach-wear and parka-wear!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruum Taedor
    Can I come and visit you too? Now?

Hehe all we have to do is figure out who "you" are and where you are. It will make the difference between beach-wear and parka-wear!
    LOL don't mean to be rude and butt-in here ... but I think "you" is Mum who lives in Australia. We're having a very warm Spring down here this year with very little rain and the promise of a long, very hot summer ahead! So better pack your Speedos Ruum if you're coming down for a visit.

How are you coping with the water restrictions, Mum?

Quote Originally Posted by suzieq51
    LOL don't mean to be rude and butt-in here ... but I think "you" is Mum who lives in Australia. We're having a very warm Spring down here this year with very little rain and the promise of a long, very hot summer ahead! So better pack your Speedos Ruum if you're coming down for a visit.

How are you coping with the water restrictions, Mum?
    Hi Suzie, my garden is pretty much brown now as is my car (from memory its painted black underneath the dirt ). We went up North to the New England area to see some relatives last week and then spent the best part of last week taking our time coming back via the coast (from Coffs Harbour to Sydney) I'll try and post some piccies soon. Needless to say we crossed a lot of rivers all well below their normal levels, its getting quite scary, I hope we get some rain soon.

Its another hot day here again and we're only half way through spring, I must admit I like the weather though. I wish I lived on the beach, my favourite stop on the way home was the bays in Port Stephens, there's some really beautiful spots around there. I'm missing the beach already.

Solange, we would love to have you down south. I must admit I'll be jealous of the Christmas you'll be having from the photos dhama posted here last year, the photos aren't actually there anymore but you know the ones I mean It'd be nice to have a white Christmas one day.

Exclamation

I guess it's human nature to want what we don't have - either of your delightful options would be good for me - Christmas on the beach or Christmas in the snow - wonderful. The British weather is becoming so mundane these days - it's almost November and we haven't seen a day with single figure temperatures yet. Our seasons seem to be melting into one long season..........................of nothingness!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

Cool Freshly Fallen Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Headache
    I think you'd miss it if it was gone. Admit it.
    Yes, I would miss a white Christmas. I would love to try a Christmas once in the tropics or something like that, but I will always think of Christmas and snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by LARAMANIAC
    I guess it's human nature to want what we don't have
    Yes, the grass is always greener on the other side, or maybe the snow is always whiter on the other side.

Check out my winter pictures that I finally prepared for posting. Freshly fallen snow.

winter 20040511a.JPG

winter 20040511b.JPG

winter 20040511d.JPG

winter 20040511e.JPG

Cool Sparkling Snow

Here are some night shots. See how the snow sparkles?

winter 20050111a.JPG

winter 20050111b.JPG

winter 20050111d.JPG

winter 20050111e.JPG

Thumbs Up

Ruum Taedor, those are very lovely snow pictures. I also love the way snow sparkles. I'm a sucker for shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkSnpr14
    I'm surprised some of you havn't ever seen snow. I mean, yes it makes sense, It's just always sort of been there, living in Canada and all. In Janurary, I'm moving out west, near the Rockie Mountains. I'll be sure to get some huge scenery photos, with lots of snow for you
    Boy is that right. You really miss it when it's not there, I tell you! Most of my dreams are about driving in the snow, which I really adored. You are most lucky to be moving nearer the Rockies!!!! *is wistfully remembering the snow packed mountains*
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
    You really miss it when it's not there, I tell you!
    Most Canadians have a habit of complaining when we have it, and complaining when we don't
    signature image
    The TimeSplitters Portal - For all your Time Splitting needs

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by DrkSnpr14
    Most Canadians have a habit of complaining when we have it, and complaining when we don't
    That, and rain and sun, too.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Big Grin

Err, still waiting for that snow delivery, any time soon would be fine...

Thumbs Up

Gorgeous piccys, Ruum! Thanx for posting them.....maybe we will get some this year and then again maybe not!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

Beautiful piccies Ruum!

Would you believe that I could count the amount of times I've seen snow on my fingers! We don't get it here in Sydney. My brother is getting married in the snow next Winter so we've got to travel several hours south to the snow fields for that, should be exciting though.

signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Smile Winter Luncheon

Thanks Cat, Laramaniac, and Mum. Do you know how tricky it was to take those pictures? Those are night pictures taken without a flash, and I was very pleased to get the sparkling snow.

Hmm. Maybe I should plan the Vacation Travelogue Club lunch for winter instead of summer.

Thumbs Up

Lovely snow pics Ruum ... how beautiful it all looks! LOL actually got the shivers looking at them and have had to put the heater on. We had a cool change yesterday which has sent our weather back to winter - brrrrr. I live in Melbourne which is famous for having 4 seasons in one day ... boiling hot one minute, freezing the next. Hark, what is that I hear? Could it be the pitter-patter of raindrops on the window? Aaaah yes, it's raining - finally! Oh dear, I do hope it keeps up!

@ Mum: A snow wedding! What fun. Which ski field will you be visiting? Your babies are going to love playing in all that cold wet stuff (and so will their parents, I suspect).

Quote Originally Posted by suzieq51
    Lovely snow pics Ruum ... how beautiful it all looks! LOL actually got the shivers looking at them and have had to put the heater on. We had a cool change yesterday which has sent our weather back to winter - brrrrr. I live in Melbourne which is famous for having 4 seasons in one day ... boiling hot one minute, freezing the next. Hark, what is that I hear? Could it be the pitter-patter of raindrops on the window? Aaaah yes, it's raining - finally! Oh dear, I do hope it keeps up!

@ Mum: A snow wedding! What fun. Which ski field will you be visiting? Your babies are going to love playing in all that cold wet stuff (and so will their parents, I suspect).
    LOL, we have 4 seasons in one day here too, no rain here but cool and windy here today.

The wedding is going to be in the Snowy Mountains - near Thredbo I think. My daughter has already informed my brother that she's going to throw snow balls at him
    signature image

Those are such beautiful pictures - the snow really sparkles!
    I want snow!

Actually, this week in central NY it did snow a bit while I visited, but it didn't stick. So the ground was just wet and the leaves sat in puddles and got my shoes soaked.
    Otherwise it rained and was generally cold. I hate the cold.
    It rained last night too. I hate cold rain.

However there were hailstones for about 5 minutes - they looked like large beads, and one got in my tea as I was walking back to the dorm halls!

Anyone ever notice that when it snows, or when its about to snow, it suddenly gets less cold? It's strange, you'd think you'd be colder, but the snow weather is almost comfortable.

And to think I was bragging about our lovely weather just a couple of weeks ago, in November it should be hot here but we are now having another winter including snow in some parts but with a strange mix of bush fires not far from where I live, read here.

suzieq51, did you get snow yesterday, or are you not in a snow area? We don't get snow where I am but apparently they got a bit further west.

Is anyone else having confused weather at the moment in other parts of the world?
    signature image

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by suzieq51 View Post
    Lovely snow pics Ruum ... how beautiful it all looks! LOL actually got the shivers looking at them and have had to put the heater on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha Roxy View Post
    Those are such beautiful pictures - the snow really sparkles!
    I want snow!
    Thanks Suzie and Roxy. I had this oddball idea that for someone who really liked the sparkling snow in my back yard, I would make their name out of ice, like "SuzieQ" for example, then they could spend the winter with me in my back yard, and I could post pictures, and when spring came, the ice would melt, but the memories would remain. I'm so sentimental . Alas, I wasn't able to make ice letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mum View Post
    ...suzieq51, did you get snow yesterday, or are you not in a snow area? We don't get snow where I am but apparently they got a bit further west.
    LOL no, unfortunately, but lots of hailstones and brrrrr, it's been freezing here with gale force southerly winds straight from the Antarctic. Actually my daughter phoned very excitedly to tell me that it was snowing in Ballarat (she's at Uni. up there).

Between Langholm and Carlisle this morning the rain and the hail were so bad you could only see about a meter in front of the car.

No snow yet though and maybe not for a long while.
    Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye.

Cool

Today is a special day for me. My gift to you is more snow pictures. Look at these snow formations.

winter 20050324b.JPG

winter 20050324c.JPG

winter 20050324d.JPG

winter 20050324e.JPG

winter 20051218b.JPG

winter 20051218c.JPG

OMG, those icicles are gigantic! Great pics.

Thanks for sharing Ruum. Those icicles are amazing!

Smile

I'm glad you like them, Eddy and Suzie. I was happy to have captured some winter pictures. The only problem with winter pictures, at least for me, is that if I take a picture outside, my poor little fingers freeze, as I can't take proper pictures with mits or gloves on.

Strange, we managed to have a green Christmas this year. First one I can ever remember. And we haven't seen any of the white stuff since. It's been raining this week. It's so warm and humid, it feels like april Very unusual for this time of year here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast