Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's complain about Lara's hair!

Hey! I just did a silly hair-colour comment and look what happened!

There is a better name for this thread "Lets complain about Lara...

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Heaven
    Maybe this thread should have a little different name but I don't think this is regarding Lara herself

Big Grin I agree

Exactly, I agree. It is not regarding Lara herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Heaven
    Ok. Im starting to get pissy.

LARA'S HAIR LARA!!!!!

!@#$%^&*
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

HAHA LOL. ROFL. ect!!

Headache!! Do You remimber my thread: "TWO LARA MODELS" ?

It was about her hair! ALL OF YOU GO TO LΞGΞND's TWO LARA MODELS thread... it has all the evidence you need to make a choice...

amke this one:

and

and

this one has modern HE grenades and smoke grenades, can walk, real WASD, rocket launcher, and last but not least... is very cool...

Quote Originally Posted by LΞGΞND
    HAHA LOL. ROFL. ect!!

Headache!! Do You remimber my thread: "TWO LARA MODELS" ?

It was about her hair!
    I don't exactly find what's so funny about this.
    But yes, I remember.

And no. Your thread did not appear to target her hair specifically.
    There is a difference, mind you.

this one has modern HE grenades and smoke grenades, can walk, real WASD, rocket launcher, and last but not least... is very cool...
    Smoke and He grenades are simply not "TR" style. The walk button is available with V 1.2. The bazooka was available only in "TR3" - how can you be agile with a bazooka attached to your back? CDs were planning to make "Soul Reaver"-like controls from the very beginning.

The bazooka wasnt supost to be caried round... she uses it then drops it...

and come on... look at the resemblance pics... doesnt the braid lara remind you more of all the good TR times, like TLR...

and come on... look at the resemblance pics... doesnt the braid lara remind you more of all the good TR times, like TLR...
    it's just a tiny braid. not the entire character and/or game-play.
    she isn't well known just because of her braid, you know...

btw, on TR1, the best game in the series, she didn't have a braid.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by shirl123
    it's just a tiny braid. not the entire character and/or game-play.
    she isn't well known just because of her braid, you know...

btw, on TR1, the best game in the series, she didn't have a braid.
    I think this is cool that Lara Croft is changing...

Quote Originally Posted by shaq
    I think this is cool that Lara Croft is changing...
    yeah, a fresh change every once in a while IS a good thing. and it's not that she's completly diffrent. Legend Lara and AOD lara look like the "older" Laras', only with better graphics

btw, I was just browsing through The Longest Journey's official forums. even the people over there were making fun of this small group of people on THIS message board who complain 24/7. don't get me (or them) wrong, it's okay to complain...but 24/7? and about tiny things? c'mon!

btw, I was just browsing through The Longest Journey's official forums. even the people over there were making fun of this small group of people on THIS message board who complain 24/7.
    Yeah, some people seem to live for it. (but I'm going to check that out for myself! )

Quote Originally Posted by TREEBLE
    Yeah, some people seem to live for it. (but I'm going to check that out for myself! )
    no need to search
    [edit: okay, just noticed the other one was talking about a diffrent message board. but it's still the same type of people]

btw, I was just browsing through The Longest Journey's official forums. even the people over there were making fun of this small group of people on THIS message board who complain 24/7. don't get me (or them) wrong, it's okay to complain...but 24/7? and about tiny things? c'mon!

No surprise. Internet gossip/drama.

Yeah, but I have NO complaints about Lara!

Optional hair styles for her

I prefer frenchbraid like Jolie. Why don't the developer make options for her hair?! So we can change her hair style whenever&wherever we want during her adventure. Like a real girl tiding her hair everytime she wants

Quote Originally Posted by XConvertAgent View Post
    Like a real girl tiding her hair everytime she wants
    Lara in the middle of an intense, bullets flying, situation: "Hold on boys, let me do my hair."

Yeah.........

She's a busy girl indeed, so unless she leaves home with her hair done, I think she should stick to something practical - like a ponytail. Unless the developers really have nothing else to think about and add an idle animation for Lara - ie if you leave the controller aside for like 30-40 minutes, Lara decides to braid her hair, or even make more complex hairdos depending on the time.

But then, people would complain the game would become "Hairdresser Raider", where you are collecting rewards to unlock hair-styles. There's just no winning with some people.

I can honestly say that I never thought Lara's hair could provoke such a lengthy discussion... Everyone has different opinions on this - some feel it detracts from the game itself, while some people think it's just hair. Personally I think it should stay just hair (and not be customisable or anything) but that's just me.

And I thought the hair in TR1 was rubbish (I know it was down to the technology of the day), but I didn't feel it detracted from the Tomb Raider Experience - heck, TR1 was the Tomb Raider experience) and I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion about how much of a bearing Lara's appearance has on the game, and after exactly how much change would she stop being Lara, etc. ... Legend Lara, to me, is Lara. Her hair looks a lot like the hair in the other games. And we could spend years discussing how changing individual strands would've made the overall look better... but I'd get bored of the topic. If I wasn't already

Now you come to mention it, I do have this gripe about the toenails on Lara's left foot....

We should close this topic and leave her hair alone !

Quote Originally Posted by ditom View Post
    We should close this topic and leave her hair alone !
    If that happened, people would go 'b' about it somwhere else. I don't think we need it all over the forum. Just one thread will do.

Exactly!

I can't take this any more !

Quote Originally Posted by ditom View Post
    I can't take this any more !
    you don't have to
    you can:
    a. ignore it.
    b. make fun of these bizarre complaints.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast