Thread: [Request to Devs] - For Skydiving

[Request to Devs] - For Skydiving

  1. #1

    Thumbs Up [Request to Devs] - For Skydiving

    Besides fixing some bugs..

    I would like to see more added in for Skydiving, Base Jumping, ect..

    No tricks? Flips? Ect.. ? Or perhaps I missed something? The whole idea is great, but just jumping and falling in itself can get old quick. Spice it up!! Please <3

    Also, maybe edit the effects during a free fall, mae the sound more realistic (louder wind as you fall) I have it turned up, but the whole effects do not sound as good as they could be! Anyhow, just a minor request, would be nice to see though

    Almost forgot.. 1st person during these types of things? There is vehicle first person, but during Skydiving, ect.. at the very least would be great!

  2. #2
    you practicaly asking them to redo whole game lol wich i seriously doubt will ever happen
    anyway here you go http://www.miniclip.com/games/base-jumping/en/

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Wrath_of_hitman
    you practicaly asking them to redo whole game lol wich i seriously doubt will ever happen
    anyway here you go http://www.miniclip.com/games/base-jumping/en/
    fine example of a fun game without fancy graphics. Look and learn Avalanche.

  4. #4
    They would not have to redo the whole game..

    1st person is already in the game (as seen in vehicles) they simply can patch update to include attaching first person camera perspective to the actor (player character)

    Doing flips in free fall is simple animation, it can be added as well in a patch.

    Sound, .. it is a sound file, simply enchancing and adjusting the qual of it can impact how it sounds ingame..

    It is not hard to do, they can do it if they wanted and would not require alot of time and definately would not require redoing the entire game.

  5. #5
    intrepid_soul Guest
    Originally Posted by WorkinfortheCIA
    fine example of a fun game without fancy graphics. Look and learn Avalanche.

    Personally I look at it as what it is, a fledgling developer and its first game. I think they hit it out of the park for a first attempt. I will be looking forward to see if it spawns a sequel or if the next game they put out is more detailed.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by intrepid_soul
    Personally I look at it as what it is, a fledgling developer and its first game. I think they hit it out of the park for a first attempt. I will be looking forward to see if it spawns a sequel or if the next game they put out is more detailed.
    aye, is a good game definately, just like to see some extras thrown in Nice to have a game that brings a new style of gameplay. Sure it has traits from several other games such as GTA, but the game itself is unique and entertaining.

    Now.. If I can actually STOP Skydiving, ect.. and do more missions....

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by intrepid_soul
    Personally I look at it as what it is, a fledgling developer and its first game. I think they hit it out of the park for a first attempt. I will be looking forward to see if it spawns a sequel or if the next game they put out is more detailed.
    Yeah, ok. Now that you put it that way. A patch ASAP would be nice though to at least fix the technical issues.

  8. #8
    intrepid_soul Guest
    Originally Posted by Crypton
    aye, is a good game definately, just like to see some extras thrown in Nice to have a game that brings a new style of gameplay. Sure it has traits from several other games such as GTA, but the game itself is unique and entertaining.

    Now.. If I can actually STOP Skydiving, ect.. and do more missions....

    Again, I am sure if the sales permit a sequel, I am sure all the ideas and here plus things in the developers head will make a sequel even better. Look at it this way, go back and play Grand Theft Auto III, if you have been playing San Andreas the city seems small, and there are not alot of things to do. The trouble is at the time it was new an innovative so we were all enthralled.

  9. #9
    intrepid_soul Guest
    Originally Posted by WorkinfortheCIA
    Yeah, ok. Now that you put it that way. A patch ASAP would be nice though to at least fix the technical issues.

    We haven't been seeing technical issues come through the support lines. The ones we have seen have been solved with simple driver updates, or people trying to run the game on non-supported hardware

  10. #10
    No technical issues... does that not count the securerom issues (though I suppose they are a 3rd party and as such any issues would be dealt with by them not Eidos), I also get an issue where after a while my game begins to judder and pause, could this also be related to the securerom issue?

    I have daemon tools installed, but i require this for work... if i had to burn a CD everytime i wanted to check a disk image of something then there would be no rainforests left - erm - or something.

    I hit the drop our magic technical people a line (not exact phrasing i dont think), but Just Cause wasn't in the list and after a brief look around the Just Cause website I gave up at trying to find little hot spots to click on to see if there was a support one... I must be getting old and grumpy.

    Hey ho

  11. #11
    Yeah, im sure the choppers following me around and AI running into trees, shooting at walls, is all because of my drivers And most people check the website when looking for help and I have to agree with the above user, where is the listing for this game on the main support website? It is not listed in the dropdown... So of course there will not be floods of support calls, majority of the users cannot find the game listed to find the support links.

  12. #12
    intrepid_soul Guest
    Originally Posted by blairhardie
    No technical issues... does that not count the securerom issues (though I suppose they are a 3rd party and as such any issues would be dealt with by them not Eidos), I also get an issue where after a while my game begins to judder and pause, could this also be related to the securerom issue?

    I have daemon tools installed, but i require this for work... if i had to burn a CD everytime i wanted to check a disk image of something then there would be no rainforests left - erm - or something.

    I hit the drop our magic technical people a line (not exact phrasing i dont think), but Just Cause wasn't in the list and after a brief look around the Just Cause website I gave up at trying to find little hot spots to click on to see if there was a support one... I must be getting old and grumpy.

    Hey ho

    If you email our support team with anything that sounds vaguely securerom related here is the exact steps we email:

    The problem you are experiencing is likely due to the game?s copy protection, which is made by SecuRom. The most efficient way for us to further assist you, is to have you produce an aanalysis file. In order to generate the analysis file of an attempted software launch for us to evaluate, please do the following. Hopefully this will help the people who are not so inspired as to find a solution on their website ;-) :

    1) Place the original disc in your DVD-Rom.
    2) Re-boot the computer.
    3) Open My Computer, C: Drive, Program Files, and browse to the installation folder (a quick short cut, right click on the desktop or start menu icon and select properties, and then click find target, that will open an explorer window in the install folder)
    4) Right click on the games executable (e.g for Lego Star Wars the exe file is called LegoStarWars.exe)
    5) Choose "Launch Analysis" from the choices and left-click.
    6) A disclaimer window will appear.
    7) To proceed, please click on the "Yes" button.
    8) The application will now generate an "AnalysisLog.sr0" file within the root of your hard drive. (If you open My Computer, then the C: drive, the file should be there)
    9) Please "zip" the file (to avoid email corruption) and e-mail it to Support@securom.com with the subject line "Analysis file for evaluation." You can use WinZip to zip the file, available at www.WinZip.com.

    SecuRom will check the Analysis file and notify you of the results. This usually takes 24 hours, if you have not recieved and email back from them with a solution in 24 hours resend the request.