Thread: instal of full game not working

instal of full game not working

instal of full game not working

just gives me this:

Eny way to fix it or do i hvae to ask for a new copy?

I'm curious as to how you "acquired your copy", considering it doesn't come out in Europe until tomorrow....technically it's early 9/22 there NOW, but you posted 9 hours ago.

Europe - 9/22
    US - 9/27
    AU - Sometime in October...

Originally Posted by Dimhenion
    I'm curious as to how you "acquired your copy", considering it doesn't come out in Europe until tomorrow....technically it's early 9/22 there NOW, but you posted 9 hours ago.

Europe - 9/22
    US - 9/27
    If u got eny friend in sweden that pre-orded the game from www.webhallen.com he will tell u that he got his copy on the 21. Yes tehy sent it out a day early.

The shop where I go always sells the game the moment they come in regardless of street date. Though "Downloader" is a rather poor choice of choice and obviously raises suspision.

As for the problem I don't really know so my only suggestion would be to try and install it from another drive if possible.

true shoud have posted prof first:

Andi dont have an other driver, and then i try to copy teh data4.cab file from teh dvd the same error, so for now i think it somthing wrong with the dvd, cald my store and tehy will give me a new copy.

Ah. Yeah, I don't know how the shops work in Europe, just clarifying.

As for the problem....have you tried cleaning the disc?

Ah. Yeah, I don't know how the shops work in Europe, just clarifying.

As for the problem....have you tried cleaning the disc?
    The disk went right from it's pakage to my driver, so i dont think that is the probelm, i tested to instal 4 times, it's somthing wrong with data4.cab.

Copy the files to your HD and try to install from there.

I'm pretty sure that the dvd-drive causes the problem. I'm not sure if it works but maybe you should update the drivers.

And oh, sometimes games are released a day or two earlier in some areas.

Originally Posted by sick
    Copy the files to your HD and try to install from there.

I'm pretty sure that the dvd-drive causes the problem. I'm not sure if it works but maybe you should update the drivers.

And oh, sometimes games are released a day or two earlier in some areas.
    first thing i tested, and teh data4.cab file just wont copy, i think it has somthind to do with the dvd being dual-layer, maby data4.cab is on the other layer.

Found this info about my driver:

This is the strangest transfer rate graph I've ever seen. Typically, for double layer read speed, this graph would look more like a pyramid. It appears that the DUW1608/ARR drops to about 1.5X just after crossing into the second layer. Obviously this is not one of the better transfer rate performance with double layer media. The peak speed of 8.79X is good but because of the drop on the layer change overall performance is degraded. Also, CPU usage was at 91% at only 4X. Seek times are almost double that of other drives. The one bright spot here was the burst rate was as good as the single layer.

just want to tell all that i got the game working. Go to a friend make iso, put is on on exstrnal hard driver(maxtor) use daemon-tolls to mount, instal. Delet the big ass iso and use pay'd for dvd tehn starting game.

intrepid_soul Guest
    Originally Posted by Downloader
    just want to tell all that i got the game working. Go to a friend make iso, put is on on exstrnal hard driver(maxtor) use daemon-tolls to mount, instal. Delet the big ass iso and use pay'd for dvd tehn starting game.
    Actually you don't have to use an ISO, just copy the DVD to a temporary folder and run the setup from that folder.

If the DVD is broken the law doesn't forbid (IIRC if the Swedish law is some what near what we have in Finland) you from downloading a working ISO from internet.

Originally Posted by intrepid_soul
    Actually you don't have to use an ISO, just copy the DVD to a temporary folder and run the setup from that folder.
    no my dvd player dont suport dual layer so i coudent copy the data4.cab or make a iso on my own computer.

Originally Posted by intrepid_soul
    CRC errors are commonly an issue with the reader reading the cd/dvd and not always a problem with the cd, in his case, making a copy from someone elses drive solved it. If he were to try copying it to a temp folder, he would just encounter the same thing.

Europe - 9/22
    US - 9/27
    The AU Version came out on the 29th... and i got my copy Yesterday the 30th from EB Games... so all u aussies out there who thinks it isnt out yet... check you nearest store and see if they have it yet.