Thread: LOK6 Not if but When

LOK6 Not if but When

I find it very strange how there seems to be quite a few people in here who claim the series is over, as of today 17th Sept 2006 I have found absolutly no evidence of this.

I contacted the Develepers about a month ago and it was not a no, I admit it wasn't a yes either, but I was told as soon as there is a new game due out then I would get a email telling me so. Yeah I know what you are thinking but no it wasn't a generated responce email.

So lets be a bit more upbeat about this and offer are help in LOK6 the game and hopefully in any future film.

LoK's been moved to Eidos Classics, which I think means it'll remain just that, a classic.

That's just because there aren't any new games out at the moment. If they bring out a new game they'll just move the forum back again or leave LOK 1-5 in classics, but put the new one in current games.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Yeah, that's possible, but it kinda looks like that's the place they put games they're done with.
    I hope you're right, cause I'm sure as hell I want another Thief game as bad as a LoK one.

I just found a video clip that illustrated the "technical problems" of Defiance.

That got me thinking about how the play difficulty of Tomb Raider didn't kill it.

Then this image came to mind. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...+age_scale%3A5

*sigh*
    http://smokestock.deviantart.com | http://www.fanfiction.net/u/589342/ | http://smoke-z.deviantart.com

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel67
    I find it very strange how there seems to be quite a few people in here who claim the series is over, as of today 17th Sept 2006 I have found absolutly no evidence of this.
    Please show me evidence to the contrary.

I contacted the Develepers about a month ago and it was not a no, I admit it wasn't a yes either, but I was told as soon as there is a new game due out then I would get a email telling me so. Yeah I know what you are thinking but no it wasn't a generated responce email.
    More than likely, the developers don't know themselves. With the greatest of respect to the hard-working folks at Crystal Dyanmics, it's not them you need to ask; it's Eidos and/or whoever owns them now (SCI, wasn't it?). Ask them about the next Legacy of Kain game.

So lets be a bit more upbeat about this and offer are help in LOK6 the game and hopefully in any future film.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive fan of the series, I just don't see any point in getting my hopes up only to be shattered when there isn't a sequal.

As much as a movie would be interesting to see, I don't think that's going to happen either. There's issues with introducing new people to the series - which would take up half the movie - explaining every little detail, by which point, we the fans will get bored and think it the worst movie ever, who will then tell everybody that it's the worst movie ever, and the movie will flop then becoming the worst movie ever.

Besides, the soundtrack would probably some obnoxious heavy metal band like is used in so many other horror movies (the cliche of the genre), and the series would loose it's niche.

LoK does not go well with GodSmack, or kOrn, or System of a Down, or (worse) Marilyn Manson, nor does it need to go to the sound of heavy metal/rock.

Take Prince of Persia 2. The soundtrack to PoP: Sands of Time was fantastic - not too heavy on the rock but still used a little here and there, but in the sequal, it was overused and just didn't create the right atmosphere of "darkness" and "evil".

The whole rock genre has been overused to create those two illusions and an electric guitar with drums and someone screaming their voice-box out should be allowed no where near LoK.

But then if the movie doesn't have rock/metal, it will flop, because people expect a horror film to have that kind of music.

</rant>

We live in a world of cliche's and stereotypes; and only have ourselves to blame.

Edit
    Though if anybody knows Bono from U2 - please put in a good word for LoK

Wasn't he going to buy Eidos, but got out-bid? Either SCI were the ones who out-bid him or it's some other company that owns Eidos now, but AFAIK Bono didn't get Eidos.

I wouldn't really call LOK a horror. Sure it's got vampires, but it's more of a fantasy medieval (sp?) war story than horror. Less like Queen of the Damned and more Lord of the Rings (but without the hobbitses).
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Wasn't he going to buy Eidos, but got out-bid? Either SCI were the ones who out-bid him or it's some other company that owns Eidos now, but AFAIK Bono didn't get Eidos.
    Hmm, I can't remember. If Bono doesn't own SCI, then it's them - but I seem to recall SCI and Bono being used in the same sentance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I wouldn't really call LOK a horror. Sure it's got vampires, but it's more of a fantasy medieval (sp?) war story than horror. Less like Queen of the Damned and more Lord of the Rings (but without the hobbitses).
    Nor would I, but I'd imagine that would be the spin Hollywood takes on it.

The trailers for Defiance didn't use in-game music; the E3 trailer is a prime example of this. The only way (IMHO) that a movie could get a new lease of audience is to attract it with the over-cliched genre soundtrack.

Besides, for a gaming series-turned-movie, the horror genre would probably get the most audience and ergo more profit (IMO).