Thread: Problem

Problem

Question Problem

Hello,
    I have a problem with installation of Commandos 2 on my new computer, it runs into strange problem with an installation folder

When I first tried to install the game, it run good until the CDs switch, when an error accured, I cleared the partial installation, and then tried again but comp was detecting the game as already installed, or something like that, and it gave me a window where i could pick from modify, reinstall or deinstall, which is very wierd, so when I pick modify, it always installs the game into my windows folder on disc C, and doesn´t give me a window where I can pick my destination folder
    Ofcourse, I don´t want the game to be with my system files, but once I even finished the installation, and the game was working, but it was very nasty to get it out(stupid me, but I had to try if it works)

My autorun also doesn´t work, so maybe that is a clue...

Hope you understand my problem, or my language(im from Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by valder
    When I first tried to install the game, it run good until the CDs switch, when an error accured, I cleared the partial installation, and then tried again but comp was detecting the game as already installed, or something like that,
    This could be because the failed isntallation left some files in the registry which you didn't remove by deleting the game files.

Ofcourse, I don´t want the game to be with my system files, but once I even finished the installation, and the game was working, but it was very nasty to get it out(stupid me, but I had to try if it works)
    So by choosing modify it installed in the windows dir and it worked? Did you try to uninstall it afterwards in the proper way?

My autorun also doesn´t work, so maybe that is a clue...
    Could just be because of your dvd/cd-rom settings

So by choosing modify it installed in the windows dir and it worked? Did you try to uninstall it afterwards in the proper way?

Yes, installed the game into windows, and after I saw it worked, I removed the game with uninstall, but it still gives me that window with 3 options(modify,repair and remove), I dont understand, maybe there a small file that it could not delete , I really dont know, I tried installing again few minutes ago, it worked fine, and I removed it, and still it doesnt work

In readme it says that this is the default path - C:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\ Pyro Studios\ Commandos 2: Men of Courage, but on my comp the path is - C:\Windows ,and also when I click modify, in the lower corner it writes - Space required on C, maybe the problem is in my second partition ?

Are there many small files in the folder where you install, maybe you can name them, and I can try to find them if they are not deleted? Uh I desperate...