Thread: forum profile and settings link

forum profile and settings link

forum profile and settings link

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've added two new links to the forum's menu bar:

(click image to enlarge)

Members were often asking for the link to these places, so I figured it would be good to have them in a permanent and prominent place on the forum.

And when I have some more time, I'll try to expand the forum settings link with sub-links to most frequently used settings, such as Edit Avatar, Edit Signature, etc.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

A bit of a problem, the new button has decided to hang out with Forum>Nosgoth>General Dicussion and now I can't click on any of those. I'm using chrome, zoomed in 125% if that helps.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8312/ymck.png Here's a picture, I'm not sure how putting them directly in posts works here, so I'm just dropping the link instead.

^ If you reset your zoom level, does that make a difference?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

If I go to 100%, then yes, but I'm on a TV and at that point it becomes too small to read.

Thank you very much, Driber !!!

Originally Posted by PoppaKain
    If I go to 100%, then yes, but I'm on a TV and at that point it becomes too small to read.
    What about if you zoom to 150% or more?

Thanks Driber, those options were really missing. Can you also incorporate the "who is online box below" the thread section which is on Eidos forums?
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 2nd Oct 2013 at 13:39.

Another feature I liked on the Eidos forums was the box showing how many private messages you have, I completely missed one I was sent as there was no indication I had gotten one anywhere, and the profile settings had indicators for such turned off by default.

Also every time I edit my profile, the Square Enix skin takes over after saving, as it appears to be auto selected by default, changing it back to 'Use Forum Default' fixes it, possible to have one named Nosgoth? Or at least make the forum default choice sticky.
    Originally Posted by mrslig100
    (And this forum needs a preview button).
    Last edited by Moesph; 2nd Oct 2013 at 14:32.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Thanks Driber, those options were really missing. Can you also incorporate the "who is online box below" the thread section which is on Eidos forums?
    Does it show up for you now?

BTW, just out of curiosity - what do you use this for?

Originally Posted by Moesph
    Another feature I liked on the Eidos forums was the box showing how many private messages you have, I completely missed one I was sent as there was no indication I had gotten one anywhere
    We're working on this. Meanwhile, you (i.e. everyone) can set their accounts to show a Javascript pop-up and/or receive an email notification upon new PMs. Click on forum settings under the forum banner.

and the profile settings had indicators for such turned off by default.
    We've set Javascript pop-ups and email notifications for new forum PMs as the default setting now for new registrations

Also every time I edit my profile, the Square Enix skin takes over after saving, as it appears to be auto selected by default, changing it back to 'Use Forum Default' fixes it, possible to have one named Nosgoth? Or at least make the forum default choice sticky.
    The NG skin only applies to the NG section of the forum. It is not designed to work elsewhere. So any other areas of the forum (such as PMs, settings, etc) the default SE skin will kick in.

(And this forum needs a preview button).
    It does. Click "go advanced" and you'll see the preview post button next to the post reply button.

Aye but what I mean is after hitting save, the SE skin then takes over the Nosgoth part of the forum, because that skin is always selected in the skins box when you go to edit settings, rather than the 'use forum default' one.

Originally Posted by Driber
    It does. Click "go advanced" and you'll see the preview post button next to the post reply button.
    Learn something new everyday. And thanks!

Originally Posted by Driber
    Does it show up for you now?
    BTW, just out of curiosity - what do you use this for?
    Thank you, it´s working. Well, I just like to know who is online currently

Aye but what I mean is after hitting save, the SE skin then takes over the Nosgoth part of the forum, because that skin is always selected in the skins box when you go to edit settings, rather than the 'use forum default' one.
    Ah I see what you mean now.

This appears to be a bug in this version of vBulletin. We don't have this problem on Eidos Forums.

So not much I can do about it now, I'm afraid.

You'll just have to select "use forum default" whenever you make a change in your general forum settings. Which I'm guessing should be just once in a blue moon At least with me it is, heh.

Learn something new everyday. And thanks!
    You mean you've never used advanced edit on Eidos Forums and you've always used quick reply?

As promised, I improved the "forum settings" link.

Now when you click on the link it extends to a menu with handy shortcuts to frequently used pages

(click image to enlarge)

---

@PoppaKain: I removed one of the links in the navbar, which freed up some space. Your issue with the menu being too wide when zooming in should be solved now.

Am I missing something or are e-mail address and password uneditable?

If you can't change your password at the link provided, see the instructions in this thread. As for email change, that is something we're still working on for people who do not have a SE ID account.
    Last edited by Driber; 21st Oct 2013 at 07:31.

Have you considered doing the same thing in the mobile version? Did you even knew these forums has a mobile version drabler? Tell me dribbbbber, why t he mobile version doesnt have a proper banner and theme, it only has the default vbulletin heme and banner and it stinks.
    Oh. The nosgothh website is not optimised for tablets.
    signature image
    Go to your master, then. I release you to the Wheel.

Please use the aforementioned thread for other forum improvement suggestions unrelated to NG.

Another feature I liked on the Eidos forums was the box showing how many private messages you have, I completely missed one I was sent as there was no indication I had gotten one anywhere, and the profile settings had indicators for such turned off by default.
    This has been implemented now

(click image to enlarge)

The notification menu is highlighted when you have notifications and turns back to normal navbar color when you have none.