Thread: TG higher res textures

TG higher res textures

TG higher res textures

I got the TG texture patch "upgrade" from T2 at Thief-thecircle.com, but I can't seem to find the instructions on how to implement them. The readme says to read the instructions at TTC, except that the "instructions" at TTC are that same readme.txt.
    why the taff won't my pick work?

Hehe. Toronto Transit Commission.
    ...ignore.

Let us know which patch you're trying to use. For Daemonite's patches, you'll need to:

1. Extract into the main Thief folder,
    2. make sure your video settings in Thief are all set to max,
    3. add an entry to the file "DARK.CFG",

and possibly run DarkLoader, letting it "optimise" the installation. Full instructions are in the readme file inside the zip.

For Orgy's patches, you need to make a new folder in the main Thief folder called "fam" and extract the zip into there. Again, there's a readme with installation instructions in the zip file, itself.

Originally Posted by cradle_curdled
    Let us know which patch you're trying to use. For For Orgy's patches, you need to make a new folder in the main Thief folder called "fam" and extract the zip into there. Again, there's a readme with installation instructions in the zip file, itself.
    That's the one. The readme in the zip file says "I assume you've already read the instructions on the website..." Except all the website has is the same non-information. The only "instruction is to create the fam folder for the various texture folders.

New highzie rezie texutres for TG?! Not sure about none DromEdites, but if you have all that gubbins installed, you could unzip the textues into the fam file in the main Thief directory (assuming you already have that set up), and then load up a TG mission in DromEd and type... ahh, it's been so long!

I think it's something like "reload_schemas" (without the quotes). Whatever it is, you need to type it into the command prompt in the lower right corner. Then save the .gam file. I can't remember how to do that though.

Propbably best to contact the author actually.

Originally Posted by Rommel_1891
    That's the one. The readme in the zip file says "I assume you've already read the instructions on the website..." Except all the website has is the same non-information.
    Well, I don't know for sure, but I suspect he was referring to this page, not The Circle.

Any luck getting the textures working?

Hmm, that clears things up a little bit CC, thanks for the link. I need to reinstall Winblows again , so I'll let you all know in a day or three how it worked out.

I hate computers.

After all kinds of headache trying to track down bad software, then hardware, only to end up with a new motherboard and CPU (because socket A is now extinct) and find nothing wrong with anything.

Okay, so Thief is back to running status with my comp. I installed the T2 textures on TG, cool, then went on to use Daemonite's model patch. Stuff is disappeared, and the people are imploded onto their feet!

Silly me, I didn't optimize with Darkloader! So now all is running nice and dandy. Thanks for the help guys and gals.

Good to hear, Rommel.
    Daemonite's character skins make a big difference to TDP/Gold.