Thread: AMD FX64 Dual Core Problems

AMD FX64 Dual Core Problems

AMD FX64 Dual Core Problems

Hi there,

I have brought this game, however I am having the same problem as I did with Hitman BM.
    Basically the game runs at supper speed, skips audio (characters talking).
    The way I fixed this in Hitman by assigning only one CPU to the game ( I have to CTRL / ALT / DEL every time I play this game to reset this settings ( I set CPU affinity )). However Hitman seemed to sort its self out.
    If I set affinity in Res Dogs to one CPU the game then runs too slow?

I have all up to date drivers BIOS, GPU, CPU Direct X and OS.

Thx in advance.

I don't have that problem, nor do I have duel core, but the game has the worst frame rates it makes my eyes hurt. The game itself is pretty good but the damn frame rates just make it unplayable.

Very odd I know, I uninstalled this game then reinstalled it. I set CPU affinity via the processes tab to one CPU during installation to one CPU, and the game now plays fine (very odd), although the graphics are very basic for my tastes.
    Initial thoughts are that this isn’t worth the money I spent on it. Graphically it isn’t a scratch on Himan BM, although the interface is very user friendly.

My framerate is excellent.

If you're having a big problem with it, try turning off EAX, and if that doesn't help enough, turn off shaders.

During my research into the problem I have found that it might be related to my Processor. A lot of games are not designed for dual core technology.
    I also tried this game with my spare ATI X1900XTX Radeon card, I didn’t notice any difference in performance.

intrepid_soul Guest
    Originally Posted by _MP_
    Hi there,

I have brought this game, however I am having the same problem as I did with Hitman BM.
    Basically the game runs at supper speed, skips audio (characters talking).
    The way I fixed this in Hitman by assigning only one CPU to the game ( I have to CTRL / ALT / DEL every time I play this game to reset this settings ( I set CPU affinity )). However Hitman seemed to sort its self out.
    If I set affinity in Res Dogs to one CPU the game then runs too slow?

I have all up to date drivers BIOS, GPU, CPU Direct X and OS.

Thx in advance.

We have found this is sometimes due to onboard sound, try lowering your sound acceleration to none.

Maybe it's because there isn't such thing as an FX-64...

This game sucks by-the-way.

well i really want to get this game done, but also with a hardware like:

AMD Opteron 175 Dual Core
    nVidia 8800GTS
    2GB Ram

it just runs with 25 fps. But the funny thing is. I could change anything i want, the framerate still doesn't switch. For example first I started the game with non AA and non AF -->25fps i was shocked and thought well with nothing special enabled how will it work with more? Well than i turned on AA to 16x and also AF to 16x with a resolution of 1280*1024. Fps-->25

That is really strange! btw. i still haven't tested to deactivate on core