Page 8 of 9 First First ... 456789 Last

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

Hey, I'm new. I just signed onto this site. I'm not very familiar with the way this site operates. How does someone begin new topics/titles?

I just started roaming on the FF Duodecim Dissidia 012. There's very much info I do not have. Does anyone here have a large comprehensive resource on all the "how-to's" related to this game; specifically (for now), concerning character development and abilities improvement?

I guess I went by too fast, I am not very familiar with this game at this point. I may need to start over or know the game better. My characters do not handle their battles well enough. --maybe because I have lesser experience with it I do not know this game well enough. (Many years ago I played a very fascinating sequel--Final Fantasy VIII--with the code-breaker and maybe that slowed down current progress on duodecim.)

This game is not exactly new, but is anyone still playing it?
    It is enormous.
    Last edited by Vampzz18; 24th Oct 2013 at 16:24.

Hi there, Vampzz18.
    Concerning how to create a new topic: simply click the "+ Post New Thread" button below the threads here.

Hey! I've just made the switch across from the Eidos Forums and find myself in great new surroundings. I'm one of the community guys working on Hitman, but there'll be more to come from me in the dedicated Hitman thread once all the magic has happened swapping over the forums.

Exclamation GAME DEVELOPERS HELP!

im going to make an RPG in 4th gen pokemon/ final fantasy style game.

i need help choosing a game engine. RPG Maker is to restrictive and all the rpgs ive seen from gamemaker just dont look right.

it DOESNT have to be free

preferably beginner friendly (unless out of the question)

programming preferably beginner friendly (again,uless out of the question)

Any sugestions will be appreciated greatly!

thanks!
    PS IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO POST THIS PLEASE SAY

My real name is Derek. Im a student who is 35. Ive lived in a few cities including Los Angeles (hence I have an imdb page with no real credits).
    Final Fantasy VII was what lured me into the franchise. For 10 years since it was introduced to me in the early 2000s, FF vii and FF 1 nintendo cartridge was the only ffs I have owned.My original nes broke in early 2000. In the last 2 years ive aquired a bigger collection because of companies like Gamestop and Game Girus. The PS3 I bought at the end of 2012 was the first console I owned that was not a gift or bought used. I shortly bought FF XIII and XIII-2 thereafter. I then searched a Seattle Gamestop and scored FF X and Limited XII both inside original boxes. At Game Girus I have bought within this last year SNES FF II and III (cartridges only for $40-50 each. I also got Origins to play FF 1 and 2. And of course I bought VIII and IX. And even though I just got a used X 2 years ago, im still getting x/x-2 HD. Ive liked FF because the gameplay being simple(with the exception of junctioning).

My ps1 and ps2(fat) were bought preplayed for $35 and $45

Since most games have been purchased within last 2 years, FF VII, FF II on origins, FF III on Android, and FF XIII will have been the only ffs beaten. FF VIII I barely touched and only completed 1 mission and did not pay to leave Garden. IX was a lovely game and I finished disc 1. X I have only got to the second or third boss (the fin).

And since FF is changing to action based, I thought Kingdom Hearts HD would be a great training tool. Im still in Wonderland. I like to beat everything to get "muny" (money) and experience. But im learning its best not to always kill everything in sight, which is my FF random encounter method. In FF xiii I dont kill everything in my way on pulse. I have not killed a long gui. Yes ive killed Shalong gui. For FF XII ive only killed the first fire boss and the spider boss. In playing XII, ive kind of played it the xiii way: put 2 or 3 people in AI(using gambits though) and my lead guy ungambited
    Some other games recently added but not even played yet: Tales of Xilla limited, Atelier Ayesha, and Dawn of Mana. Also have Ni No Kuni which is beautifully animated.

And yes I want a Zidane figurine, the original one. I also want a Hope Estheim (first time I played I called him Hope Epstein).
    Last edited by KrelboynekidZidane; 9th Jan 2014 at 11:55.

My name is Motafa Haque and I come from the land known as Bangladesh - a mysterious land far to the East that is dominated by silk,spices and Bollywood Dance Fetish.

I am a 20 year old College Student, currently majoring in Computer Games Design in Dakota State University, SD.

The Legacy of Kain franchise was THE franchise that taught me that video games can be much more than just mindless button smashing - it taught me how a game can transcend the boundaries of transmedia and become an exceptional piece of Literature unto itself. This lesson I have borne with me all my life and it has led me now to Nosgoth.

I hope, like many others, that Nosgoth would be the spark that reignites the love people bore for Kain and his vampiric Children and take us once more into our favorige gothic world.

History Abhores a Paradox.

hello everyone my name is Kirito657 ive recently just joined SE and love the final fantasy games, if any you are going to play the FFXIV id love to see you there and hang and kill things together

all the best from kirito

Hello all,
    Not very imaginative when it comes to gamer names, so I just used some of my own name and m/yr of registration.
    Here is the story; 51 yo Native American male,total noob at gaming.
    Been nuts about the movie Hitman, so finally got myself an xbox 360, all Hitman games and a few extra ones.
    So, I start out trying to find the manuals for the Trilogy, and in spite of the pamplet in the box giving the links to get same , they are no where to be found.
    Go to email support then after trying to register a NIB version of Absolution. Can't register it as it is a 16 character code not recognized by Square Enix.
    So, am really no farther ahead than when I started, saving for having found Centipede for XBOX.
    Xbox I.D. is RighteousNineS

No. I didn't think that up; MS assigned that to me.

Hey i'm new

"New" as well. I'm being migrated from the Eidos 'Tomb Raider' forums. Been on those for about 5 years now, with a slightly different name that I now can no longer use because someone else has it. Not complaining, just saying in case others migrators were curious if it was me or not. Strange having a new identity after so long. Anyways, hello all.

Yeah, another newbie here too. Migrating from the Eidos Thief and Deus Ex Human Revolution forums. *waves"

Thumbs Up Congratulations to The European Space Agency mission - Rosetta Space Probe

I kinda love all this stuff, so sharing here for other insatiable spaceophiles!

__

The Philae lander makes historic touchdown on comet

Rosetta mission’s safe landing gives scientists their first chance to ride a comet and study close up what happens as it gets closer to the sun.

• Watch: Rosetta team celebrates probe touching down on comet
    • See the historic landing in pictures
    • Usama Hasan: mission will help illuminate origins of life
    __

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...-landing-comet

EDIT: Hmm, I presume the quote tag isn't working. I'm adding it and I can see it, but its not showing up when I publish my post.
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 13th Nov 2014 at 01:43. Reason: note about quote tags
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Hi, I'm new too, also from the TR Eidos board. Just taking a look around, familiarising myself with the way things work.

Welcome Rai.
    I'm getting used to it all too. I'm not even sure why my thread about the Rosetta space probe was merged into here lol.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    I'm getting used to it all too. I'm not even sure why my thread about the Rosetta space probe was merged into here lol.
    Here are the guidelines I have been told to rely on:

"The whole board is for discussing Square Enix, our games, products, etc.
    There is no location on the board for discussing content not related to Square Enix, our games, products, etc. Please avoid these subjects in the future."

Ah, okay. Thanks for your help, Grimoire.
    signature image

Also migrating from the Eidos forums. Guetting used to the new layout/rules/etc.

Hi AdeleDazeem It sure is a weird experience being new again. We'll get used to it in time.

I'm guessing we, again, need to post a certain amount of times to edit our avatars and sigs?

Yeah, it says in the FAQ that you need to have more than 2 posts to become a New Player and then you can change your avatar and sigs.

I suppose once the actual migration takes place, our post count will go back up anyway, so I don't mind being 'new' at this stage.
    Last edited by Rai; 13th Nov 2014 at 16:04.

Ah, thanks. I'm still going up and about.

Although I've noticed neither of us are new players yet. Odd. Unless I've misunderstood.

Edit: Oh there you go, just took a little time. Though weirdly I have my TRF avatar, though I don't remember changing it to that
    Last edited by Rai; 13th Nov 2014 at 15:27.

Hey y'all! I'm also migrating from the Eidos forums. Getting used to our future home here!

Originally Posted by -Rai--
    I suppose once the actual migration takes place, our post count will go back up anyway, so I don't mind being 'new' at this stage.
    haha. Ahem. When you get to my age... .... feeling "new" is kind of awesome.
    signature image

Originally Posted by -Rai--
    Although I've noticed neither of us are new players yet. Odd. Unless I've misunderstood.

Edit: Oh there you go, just took a little time. Though weirdly I have my TRF avatar, though I don't remember changing it to that
    Oh come now, you should know by now that things take time to update
    signature image

Page 8 of 9 First First ... 456789 Last