Thread: What battles are you hoping to be included?

What battles are you hoping to be included?

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander

What battles are you hoping to be included?

The 4 day battles of The Battle of Leyte Gulf.
    (Battle of the Sibuyan Sea, Battle of Cape Engaño, Battlle of Surigao Strait, Battle off Samar)

Those for sure..Id like to see Battle of the Philippine Sea,The Aleutian Islands,some early war action around Australia

I would like to see every battle that they can put in the game. From the simple PT mission that took Dug-out-Doug to safty up to a instead of the A-bomb drop we do a full scale invasion of China (they still had 3,000,000 men there) and/or Japan itself.

But if they do every one then there wont be any room for an expansion

I am sure they will think of somthing. Like a free roaming game. You pick the place's to fight/invade or defend.

Well, lets see how it is in the next couple of months. I am hoping the PC version has modding tools.

From what I have read, the battles will start off with Pearl Harbor and culiminate with the Battle of Midway. Therefore, the return to the Philippines won't be covered. However, there is always lots of material for add-ons or sequels. Since the B-25 Mitchell is included, there is a good chance of a mission with the Doolittle Raid. Plus, I would like to see some of the smaller destroyer actions such as around Guadalcanal.

Good points about the pt boats..maybe there could be some operation where your laying mines and you have to go on mine sweep patrols.

I really do hope there are some mod tools or at least a multiplayer option where you can create custom online multiplayer games.

Also I hope that this game dont end with the Battle of Midway.I mean no Iorn Bottom Sound?C'mon whats that all about?

Fingers crossed for modding tools.

Yeah
    i definitly want a battle editor.
    nothing too complex

just select the orders of battles , number of ships , planes etc ,
    because i want to test a lots of battle configurations

The Guadalcanal fight was a good one. There was a old game from Microprose called Taskforce 1942 that was totaly ship to ship fighting around the island. You defended and attacked from simple Destroyers up to the major battleships.

That would be a good part to have in the game. or add-on for latter.

I would also like to see some "what if" type senarios. This would prob be more inline with modding but something like Germany able to send some of it's atlantic fleet to assist the Japanese. Imagine US forces vs a fleet consisting of the Yamato and the Bismark?

Well,if you wanted to go that route with the 'what if' senarios,lets put http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_Z into play here.

"From the beginning Hitler insisted on 18 inch or 20 inch guns, instead of a 16 inch caliber. The naval staff had difficulties in persuading him that a design mounting guns larger than 16 inch were not practical."

I'd like to see the night action off Samar Is. at Guadalcanal on August 9, 1942.

Yep, bring on those modding tools!

TT

Battle Ideas

I would love to see the following:

Pearl Harbor
    Coral Sea
    Midway
    Leyte Gulf
    Mariana's Turkey Shoot

I would love to see the Leyte Gulf battle. We all know that it was the largest naval battle in history.

Battle of Guadalcanal: First Naval Battle in the Ironbottom Sound.

This is a great read.

http://www.historynet.com/magazines/...2/3026026.html

If your interested.

i had read that the game ends with midway so sorry USS Massachusetts, Leyte Gulf and The Great Mariana's Turkey Shoot are out, same with taking back the Philippians

I smell an addon

If modding tools are included with the PC version any missing missions could always be added.

Thats kind of crappy actually,when the majority of the battles took place AFTER Midway.(the good battles that have allready been mentioned here at least)

I really still suspect that there will be a 'free' battle generator.Lets just hope THIS is muliplayer.

I mean only a few battles/encounters will wear thin fast.I mean I know we are willing to shell out $50 bucks for a game,I want it to be replayable.

Maybe it will include a random mission generator?

Just an idea anyway.

there will be 11 missions (which i hade heard may take something like an hour or so each) and 12 challenge missions. also if they do the whole war what will be left for battlestations 2?
    why don't we try figuring out what battles will be included, i know about midway, pearl harbor, and the coral sea, but not much else. anyone know what else might be in it?

P.S. i just read something saying that one of the missions is rescuing McArthur from the Philippines, but it was from an old article so it may have changed

Don't you want some surprises?

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Don't you want some surprises?
    no, i want to know everything... well maybe some surprises, but i already know the ending, the allies win. the rest are just details