Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rest in Peace - Tony Jay

Damn, Tony. You were the man.

I don't think that anyone else would have even come close to making the writhing pile of tentacles and eyes that is the Elder God as cool as you did.

You will be sorely missed by all of your fans, especially us.

How can we continue the saga without him! No one else can be the Elder God. I can't help but think of one when I think of the other.

Raziel:
    You said it yourself, Kain - there are only two sides to your coin.

Kain:
    Apparently so. But suppose you throw a coin enough times...
    ...suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

Spirit Noir Best....Site....EVER!!!!

I'm shocked. I definitely wasn't expecting to learn this tonight. I just popped in to check if there was news on a new game. I've heard Tony Jay voicing so many different characters in so many different places that I feel hollow now thinking that I won't ever hear him in anything new

I cant believe it. Tony had such a great voice and so much talent. His voice gave great atmosphere to the games.

Rest in peace Tony, you will be sorely missed.

wow....I come here to visit after a couple of weeks to see this???

Rest in peace Tony jay! Man! He was among the ultimate voice crew. Damn! His absence will be sensed in the next game.
    -sig pending

Tsutohiro Guest
    Saddened. Stunned.
    Reminds me how fragile life is, and how easily it can slip away.

An excellent actor and a beloved voice to LoK fans.
    I can't imagine the series without him in it.

...But the Wheel must turn; Death is inexorable and cannot be denied.
    He will be missed greatly by family, friends...and fans.
    Rest in Peace

rest in peace dude, you rule.

OMG! I can't believe it! I just found out today in my computer class. I started tearing up, this is really terrible news.

I feel the need to bump this topic, after buying The Tick animated series on DVD and hearing Tony voice the villain Chairface Chippendale. He was so awesome.

Think Umah could sticky this?

Lightbulb RIP Tony Jay...

Quote Originally Posted by Anoobish
    Think Umah could sticky this?
    I have no problems stickying threads providing the request is brought to my attention via private channels (PM's and/or email).

In regards to this thread, however, while the passing of Mr. Jay is stunning (as he was a invaluable asset to our Community and the voice acting world in general), the participation level has dropped off since this was first posted and does not actually warrant us turning it into a sticky. The thread will, however, be moved to the LOK Archive where it can be "memorialized" and reflected on in the future.

No rush on moving this, either. We feel that leaving it open until the end of the month should be sufficient enough time to allow for the proper closure.

With that said, this thread is not the place for off-topic discussion. I'm more than happy to further it via private channels (PM's and/or email) so as to focus on remembering Tony Jay. Thanks!
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Yeah, I hear ya...

Oh, and I just saw his site, and bio! Geez, the man was great... So much STUFF!

Tony Jay did a great many things with his life and he will be remembered by all for his many contributions to the medium of entertainment.

Hopefully if Crystal Dynamics is granted by Eidos the right to make a new LOK game they will use some prerecorded dialogue of Tony Jay as the Elder and insert it into the new LOK game as a tribute to the great actor. Otherwise they are going to have to find someone that can perfectly mimic Jay's voice for the role of the Elder.
    "We have not met. I know of you, of course. That you can return from the dead gives hope to us all." - Janos Audron - (Blood Omen 2)

OMG....no....i have no words...and i was just listening to him as the narrator on Treasure planet....oh god. I Just watched all my defiance outtakes and started crying my eyes out.

RIP Tony. you have no idea how much you will be missed.
    Marcus: you tried to make me pretty.
    KAIN: I seem to have failed.....
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...KITGbanner.jpg

Tony Jay was the most unique and talented voice actor ive ever heard. ever since i first heard him as megabyte on reboot when i was a kid, i thought "now that is the coolest voice ever"

"The boy...? Enzo!?"

Rest in peace great one, you will be missed by many, and forgotten by none.

Quote Originally Posted by KainvsVorador
    Tony Jay was the most unique and talented voice actor ive ever heard. ever since i first heard him as megabyte on reboot when i was a kid, i thought "now that is the coolest voice ever"

"The boy...? Enzo!?"

Rest in peace great one, you will be missed by many, and forgotten by none.
    Yeah, Megabyte is the character where I first heard him too. You just reminded me of all sorts of good lines he had from Reboot and now I'm back to missing him

Yeah, Tony Jay was awesome. He did a fantastic job as the Elder God and the villian from Xyber 9.

He DIED!?

i never knew that until today...poor guy...i think the Elder God is a loser but Tony Jay really put life into that giant souless eye... Rest in peace Good man... may you join the other greats!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12