Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Human Weapons

Human Weapons

Human Weapons

Ok, I'm not going to lie, I think the weapons all look pretty cool...except the grenade launcher thing. But that's up to personal taste, I guess.
    What I REALLY would like to talk about is how playing with them is going to be. Hopefully they do enough damage to really make them useful against the vampires, without making them absurd, or the vampires too weak. What do you guys think? Cool? Not cool? Anyone who played it already, feel free to chime in with your experience with them. I'd love to hear it.

I'd imagine it would work like any group of effective Vampire Hunters in any other media. Just pretend both sides fighting are the cannon fodder in all of the action movies you see.

i'm just hoping right now the bow has a gravity effect on the arrow and doesn't shoot like a gun because that will add more skill into the game

shot with a bow seems to be deadly .... one shot one death ... but if vampires are not dead already?

I most liked the automatic crossbow .... I hope it will be just as deadly as a bow. What worries me is that only the gameplay does not fully show his możliwiości like an alchemist or scout can bring even more interesting class for humans ^ ^

Originally Posted by Swagraven
    Ok, I'm not going to lie, I think the weapons all look pretty cool...except the grenade launcher thing. But that's up to personal taste, I guess.
    What I REALLY would like to talk about is how playing with them is going to be. Hopefully they do enough damage to really make them useful against the vampires, without making them absurd, or the vampires too weak. What do you guys think? Cool? Not cool? Anyone who played it already, feel free to chime in with your experience with them. I'd love to hear it.
    I remember a weapon similar to the grenade launcher in SR2. I don't recall it being very effective when the enemies used it against you. If anything, I'd say the flamethrower would be the most effective

Yeah, there is a hand cannon in SR2 which fires projectiles, kinda like a primitive gun.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Yeah, there is a hand cannon in SR2 which fires projectiles, kinda like a primitive gun.
    Sec riggin up my old Ps2. Need to playthrough this game again!

(click image to enlarge)

signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

I do like the idea of sniping.

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    Yep. This is why I'm not too keen on the grenade launcher thing. It wasn't anything worse than a slight nuisance. I forever have a low opinion of it now. XD

There were times when it was incredibly annoying. But you need to understand something... Raziel is a lot more powerful than the vampires in any of the clans, so an annoyance to him could be incredibly dangerous to a clan vamp.

This is true, but I guess I'm having a bit of a heard time getting over my prejudice against it. They were just so annoying in SR2. I'm pretty actually excited to play with the flamethrower, though.

Originally Posted by Vanyelxp5
    There were times when it was incredibly annoying. But you need to understand something... Raziel is a lot more powerful than the vampires in any of the clans, so an annoyance to him could be incredibly dangerous to a clan vamp.
    This ^

Raziel was truly immortal. Incapable of being killed (unless the elder god desired it or until certain criteria was met) and that aside basically a spirit that could manifest in physical form. Bleeding, broken bones, ruptured organs, none of those would effect him in the slightest as he could simply re-manifest.

On the subject of arrows, I don't mind them being a one hit kill considering a few things:
    • They fire in an arc

They have travel time (not hitscan)

They have to charge for full power

Have to hit in the head

If theydo the bow handling like in the like in Skyrim, it should be great, specially with specific damage depending on the hit zone.

I don't mind the cannon thing if they put it in the game, I can totally see a tank human, slower with more physical resistance and strength and carrying that cannon which explosion has a considerable radius and a long cooldown.

I really hope they can balance it too... that is the basic point of the game, and it looks surelly challenging, to balance melee and ranged... surelly it will be a very strategic game, after all.
    signature image

I hope they add a human melee class.

Dunno why, but I always loved the look of Malek and that pike.

just give me a shotgun and i will be happy

Lightning Rod!

Well, there is a big difference between a hand cannon and a grenade launcher. The first is like a big gun shootingoen large metal or stone ball, the latter has explosive shots, that are way harder to create and in no way could be shot in safety using just black powder or something similar as a propeller (as it was with cannons and guns, and with hand cannons like the ones seen in SR2 too).

I'm not complaining too much, I know grenade launchers are cool and appealing, but I'd like nonetheless the developers to at least try to conceal their appearance. For example, make it shoot glass balls full of some magical substance that when the ball breaks on the impact will cause an explosion; a plain and simple modern grenade launcher would never fit in this context.

Of course I don't know yet how the human weapons in the game are supposed to work, I'm just speaking in advance.

About a melee human class: just no. It would be cool as hell, don't get me wrong, but it's way too clear this game is conceived to be shooting vs. melee, and probably that would change the balance too much.

Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    For example, make it shoot glass balls full of some magical substance that when the ball breaks on the impact will cause an explosion; a plain and simple modern grenade launcher would never fit in this context.
    They use that sort of effect in the announcement trailer when they talk about swapping it out for the ability to heal team mates. They get covered in some blue potion.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    They use that sort of effect in the announcement trailer when they talk about swapping it out for the ability to heal team mates. They get covered in some blue potion.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I just hope they keep a similar style for all the weapons and make them more steampunk than modern. The bows seem to look cool already, as the armors. I'm more concerned about that automated crossbow, that shoots way too fast no matter what its inner working could be and, as someone else already said, it would be nice if arrows would be affected somehow by gravity, even if just slightly. You know, when a crossbow has virtually no difference from a machine gun, well, that's not a crossbow anymore, it's just a gun with a different skin.

Human weapons seem kitsch to me. I'd prefer regular medieval i.e. no decorations on them. It would fit their "living in fear" thing because they wouldn't really care for the looks of the weapons as long as they're effective.
    That's my impression anyway.
    I'm not sure what's with the minigun crossbow or automated crossbow. It doesn't seem canon to me. Someone provide more input about this, thanks.

With the bow I hope it won't be a 1-shot kill. I seen it with a arrow on fire and a normal arrow. If each scout was allowed 1 fire arrow each life then sure it can be a 1-shot kill. However I believe it should take 2 shots to kill with the normal ammo for the bow(except head-shots of course).

Originally Posted by Raziel1228
    With the bow I hope it won't be a 1-shot kill. I seen it with a arrow on fire and a normal arrow. If each scout was allowed 1 fire arrow each life then sure it can be a 1-shot kill. However I believe it should take 2 shots to kill with the normal ammo for the bow(except head-shots of course).
    It wasn't a one shot kill when I tried. I think I only got 4 kills in two matches, and I was a vampire on one of them.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    It wasn't a one shot kill when I tried. I think I only got 4 kills in two matches, and I was a vampire on one of them.
    Well you played the alpha(Lucky you I hope im chosen) so you must know how the weapons work and such. I just hope nothing on the human side is a instakill except for maybe a grenade launcher straight to the face.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last