Thread: I'm at a loss for how the Melchiahim would work.

I'm at a loss for how the Melchiahim would work.

I'm at a loss for how the Melchiahim would work.

They're little more than shambling corpses with sharp claws. In a team based endeavor such as this, what use would they be? I've heard suggestions that they could tunnel, or hide in the ground as ambushers, which does make some sense. Weak when out of cover, but can spring deadly traps... what do you all think?

For the burrowing underground, you'd just switch off their character model and replace it with a dirt PFX that travels along the ground in their place. Then have the Melciahim pull their enemy down with them or jump up and suprise them.

Someone also suggested that after a kill, they would take their enemy's skin and appear human for a while.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 29th Sep 2013 at 11:26.

Oooh, I like that. Deception. maybe there should be a way to tell them from the real deal, paler skin perhaps?

And blood occasionally dripping from their saggy skin?
    Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!

It might be a little more work than it's worth, but imagine if the skin was sagging off of them, so at a distance they look normal, but when you run up to them, you see your friend's face dripping off of a vampire. Ick! XD
    That might not work if they include customization on characters, though.

Originally Posted by Swagraven
    It might be a little more work than it's worth, but imagine if the skin was sagging off of them, so at a distance they look normal, but when you run up to them, you see your friend's face dripping off of a vampire. Ick! XD
    That might not work if they include customization on characters, though.
    Or with all the masks, robes etc. Could be very difficult to work out unless they had a shuffling gait and leaving faint pus trails or something.

Well considering that only the Razielim are really devolved I don't see the Melchahim being a great deal different than the other vampires already shown. I don't foresee them being the shambling corpses of SR1, but maybe they could be a sickly white or grey with black veins suggesting of their inner corruption and future devolution.

As for powers I'd maybe have them as teleporters (essentially). Give them a tunneling ability and they can spring up out of the ground a short distance. Maybe they could even set traps for unsuspecting humans and drag them down to their deaths?

I wouldn't say no to giving them a limited phase ability. Admittedly they didn't display Melchiah's phase ability in SR1, but I'm not sure how they could have implemented that at the time if they were supposed to inherit that ability like other clans inherited their masters abilities. In this case I'd largely just use it like how Raziel was able to. They could maybe phase through walls and barriers that are not that thick and ambush humans on the others side or use it to escape enemies if in trouble.

I always thought, with the Melchiahim's focus on rot, that they'd be poisoners.

Maybe throw poison globes and the like, to give the vampires some AOE and crowd control? Would be useful to deal with a group of holed up vampire hunters, and give the vampires something to break up a strong formation other than throwing themselves at it.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet to say if it's a needed role, though.

Poison could be a good idea. Though I'd still want to see more relation to SR1 in their abilities, but I don't see why they can't have a poison ability also if they are introduced.