Thread: Controller support?

Controller support?

  1. #1

    Controller support?

    Hello, just wondering if this game will allow players to use their favored usb controller? My vampire claws are far too big to use a keyboard for games with, so i'd be quite the happy camper if I could any usb gamepad.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    582
    It was said in Q&A that after closed beta there will be a gamepad option.
    signature image

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    134
    It was indeed confirmed that gamepads will be supported, but I have no idea how they are going to balance it. Going with a gamepad against M&K in a game like this looks like suicide.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Originally Posted by Paradoks_db
    It was indeed confirmed that gamepads will be supported, but I have no idea how they are going to balance it. Going with a gamepad against M&K in a game like this looks like suicide.
    Think it depends on what you’re used to and how the buttons are set up to if it would work ok… M&K on a laptop = badness.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    134
    Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Think it depends on what you’re used to and how the buttons are set up to if it would work ok… M&K on a laptop = badness.
    No, it is simply a matter of precision. You can make easy, any degree turns in a fracture of a second with a mouse. This simply can't be done with a gamepad. And I have M&K plugged to my laptop and I assure you that they work fine .
    As of playing on a laptop itself - keyboard shouldn't have any major problems. Of course it is less comfortable than a "normal" keyboard, but it doen't have any functional disadvantages. Playing with a touchpad is a really bad idea though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Originally Posted by Paradoks_db
    No, it is simply a matter of precision. You can make easy, any degree turns in a fracture of a second with a mouse. This simply can't be done with a gamepad. And I have M&K plugged to my laptop and I assure you that they work fine .
    As of playing on a laptop itself - keyboard shouldn't have any major problems. Of course it is less comfortable than a "normal" keyboard, but it doen't have any functional disadvantages. Playing with a touchpad is a really bad idea though.
    Ok I'll give both a go and see what's easier for me...I actually ordered a mouse today - just have to get a specialist keyboard.

  8. #8
    great as was struggling with bindings with my 360 controller , can play half on controller half on mouse lol but guess how hard that is to do im useless with keyboard wheres the W again? lol anyways im enjoying it even struggling with keyboard just cant wait to get full control... and those drums with countdown put the hype up for start reminds me of the old cod as game was comming to end superb!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    3,075
    I´m playing on notebook + gaming mouse and it´s really good

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    619
    I use a g400 with my laptop, works pretty good. You should set your in game sens middleish and mouse dpi low (if your mouse has fixed dpi you want a low in game sens overall). Use a large area to move your mouse on and use your whole arm to move the mouse. Disable any acceleration or smoothing.

    Can try using xpadder, that would probably work but it costs $10 iirc. But yes you're going to have a lot less accuracy with the sticks especially now they've removed the aim assist.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    63
    Don't know if the program is still around, or if I can post about it. If not, delete this post! But Xpadder should let you map keyboard and mouse functions to any USB controller.

    EDIT: Someone beat me to the punch!

  12. #12
    "Bindings" under the Options button recognized my Xbox 360 input. However, in New Recruit play mode, while it no longer accepted keyboard input, neither did it accept controller input. I was just stuck where I spawned.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Originally Posted by nicholsonadam
    "Bindings" under the Options button recognized my Xbox 360 input. However, in New Recruit play mode, while it no longer accepted keyboard input, neither did it accept controller input. I was just stuck where I spawned.
    Yeah as mentioned above you need a program like Xpadder to get it to work (though it still makes it awkward) - this will also allow to use keyboard so you can switch between the two