Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Music Discussions

Music Discussions

Music Discussions

Whats your favorite music in the series and why?

For me, I'm in love with another side. When KH2 came out, I did not own a ps2, and had never even heard of the series, but I had a lot of friends with the strategy guide and I was interested, so I checked the websites out. Another Side played on KH2's website, and even without having any game experience to associate with the song, it was incredible to me. Then, in KH2 when one of the most monumental events of the game (I think) happened, the "death" of Goofy and the angry charge through heartless with FF characters, the song played one again on an even more epic scale as Sora charged 1000 heartless. And lastly, it showed up in 358/2 days when Roxas fought Riku. The song is beautiful to me, there is a lot of music in KH that I like but, Another Side and its variations always appeal most to me.

Hikari Orchestra is my favorite song across the whole series, but Vector to the Heavens is a very close second. Both of these songs are simply amazing.

Omg, I have to choose only one song from this fabulous OST? xD

I know the series' soundtrack has a lot of reoccuring themes, so I guess my just-made-it-to-#1 fave of that would be Destati. I LOVE the original so much, and there's a lot of themes based off it that I enjoy too, including:

"Dismiss" from BbS. I think this is my fave version, to be honest. They made it sound so emotionally hopeless and volatile, perfectly matching the battle it plays in.

And it shows up halfway in the KH2 end credits song "Fantasia alla Marcia" (the part where we see Jack Sparrow and co). Listening to such powerful vocals accompanied by that dramatic music makes it so epic xD

I managed to listen to the KH3D tracks too, and I can hear some Destati in "L'Eminenza Oscura I [and] II". Pretty awesome ^^

Once again, I'm pointing out I love the series' entire soundtrack, even the stuff not done by Yoko specifically is pretty awesome. It's my hope we see a Kingdom Hearts Distant Worlds Concert Tour one day~

I love the epic side battles with Sephiroth...

But i also love when sora and roxas are doing the keyblade trials and stuff.....hmmm

id say my favorite favorite favorite would be "One Winged Angel"

THE BLEND OF DANGER AND ELEGANCY IS TOO MUCH TOO EMBRACE AND I LOVE IT

Originally Posted by Jalian
    The song is beautiful to me, there is a lot of music in KH that I like but, Another Side and its variations always appeal most to me.

I love that song too! ^_^ It's too hard to pick a favorite for me, but I'll list some of my favorites.

1. Riku- I just love his theme. It's amazing and has a mysterious feeling to it.

2. Dearly Beloved- It's a sweet song, and every version of it is cool. It also reminds me of the whole series because it's been the title screen song in every game.

3. Musique pour la tristesse de Xion- This was a very sorrowful song, used in 358/2 Days. I think it made a great impact when it was played in the game, and it's beautiful.

4. Roxas/Ventus- I loved Roxas' theme because I think it really suited his personality and what he was going through. Ventus' theme was cool because it sounded similar to Roxas' since they look identical and all ^_^ But they both sound very beautiful, and I like how they are unique in their own way.

5. Terra- I liked how his song was more upbeat that Aqua's and Ven's. It gave it a happier vibe ^_^

There's many more I like but the list can go on and on xD btw Vector to the Heavens was a cool song too [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif[/img]

Kingdom Hearts has a great soundtrack, so it can be hard to pick favorite songs. But here are some I like a lot:

Dismiss.- Fits perfectly BBS' last battle. You can feel the emotions clashing.

Unbreakable Chains.- A theme that represents the clash between Ventus and Vanitas.

Dark Impetus.- Epic violin for a hard fight against Mysterious Figure (though you will constantly hear the critical health sound).

Forze dell'Oscurita.- Forze del Male + Darkness of the Unknown.

Vector to the Heavens.- A melody charged with a lot of feelings, ideal to match a battle Roxas and Xion never wanted but were forced to do, due to Xemnas' ambitions.

The 13th Struggle (KH2 version).- I felt that it fit well during the battles against Axel and Luxord, besides I love this version more than the others.

The 13th Dilemma.- KH2 introduced the rest of Organization XIII, so they needed something intense to play during their battles.

Lord of the Castle.- That final battle against Marluxia in Re:CoM is just epic, and the theme reflects how powerful he was.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

This series has way too many good songs! xD

yea... looking through the soundtracks, Another Side stood out for me but, don't get me wrong, there is a veeeerrryyy large list of songs written for KH that were amazing; and some Disney songs have always been good, although I had seen the movies so many times that they tend to annoy me (HATE under the sea :/ )

I agree with you on that. Under the Sea and Winnie the Pooh tended to get over repetitive at times, but they werent the only songs that did.

i'll still never forgive you.

Originally Posted by Strife the Avenger22

i'll still never forgive you.

....what?

It's Strife, just mark it as spam and move on.

This thread made me look up Dismiss, and it's pretty awesome. I usually played BBS at work with the volume off so I missed a lot of the music in it. I don't think it's quite as good as Vector to the Heavens, though, that's my favorite final boss theme so far.

Originally Posted by Basho

This thread made me look up Dismiss, and it's pretty awesome. I usually played BBS at work with the volume off so I missed a lot of the music in it. I don't think it's quite as good as Vector to the Heavens, though, that's my favorite final boss theme so far.

I actually love Graceful ASsassin for final boss themes (it has another side in it XD) it took me awhile to realize what Vector to the Heavens was, but now that I know I agree, its a great song, the opening feels like random noise (at least the one I listened to did) but the song is pretty good otherwise, I prefer the slower Xion Theme however.

My fave Re:CoM theme was Marluxia's 2nd boss theme, "Scythe of Petals". The thing is, it's sounds a little sad, which I thought was a bit OOC for Marluxia, but I still love it loads xD

Originally Posted by Basho

whatever dude.

Originally Posted by Strife the Avenger22

whatever dude.

do you even realize that this post is also spam...? is this how you got so many posts?

anyways, I just remembered a song that I didn't mention, The Encounter from KH2. When Scar climbs up the mountain and that starts to play... love it!

"The 13th Analogy" is my favorite, I think. "Deep Dive" is also great. Wish "XIIIth Order" had used less synthesized piano like "Deep Dive," as I think the more processed sound makes it less flavored. Overall, BBS and Re:COM had my favorite OSTs though.

waaaa Passion by Utada Hikaru and dearly beloved waaaa I love this Song!!!!

All of the KH songs are great, but the song that really stood out to me was Tears of Light from BBS. A sad, yet beautiful song.

clean and simple and sactuary KH, the sunleth waterscape 13 13-2, Suteki Da Ne (Isn`t it Wonderful?) 10, Battle at the bridge 5, One-winged angel 7, The man wth the michene gun and waltz for the moon 8, and finaly the song you hear in the dying world in 13-2

Sanctuary.

personally the boss music tracks "vim and vigor" and "destiny's embrace" are my favorites.

that and the tracks imported into 3d from "the world ends with you".

oh and the theme for the unknown/young xehanort in 3d is awesome

as for normal music... i'll take the field theme for hollow bastion (not the radiant garden remix as in BBS i could barely make it out as being a remix)

KH2 OST FTW!!!!!!!!

Naminé`s theme for sure, also the openings and endings of Utada Hikaru.

This is going to sound cheesy but I was quite fond of the Alice in Wonderland Battle music.

Dearly Beloved--I have been a sucker for this song since I learned to play it on my guitar, which required me to look up a ton of instrumentals and play it obsessively. XD It's such a pretty piece, but it also comes across as sad, too. I also like Hikari/Simple and Clean, as can be heard when I get a call on my phone...my ringtone is Hikari on electric guitars. XD

Page 1 of 2 12 Last