Thread: Founders more expensive for beta players?

Founders more expensive for beta players?

Founders more expensive for beta players?

I just noticed that the in-game Founders bundles are missing the runes that come with the unreleased Founders packs, and that adding in the cost cost to recoup those runes makes the in-game bundles more expensive than the non-beta Founders packs.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but here's an example:

• Warband pack - cost $50 - comes with 10k runes. In-store, 9200 runes = $40.00, making the content + 800 runes worth approximately $10.00.

• Warband bundle - cost 4000 runes (4400 is $20.00 in-store) - omits runes, effectively charging nearly twice the cost for the same content.

Since non-beta Founders packs also include instant beta access, they actually include more content. It seems to me that beta players are getting the short end of the stick ... will this be corrected?

We were planning to get the immortal pack...not anymore. I think the immortal pack is the one you lose the least on, but the in game bundle is still "worse".

Are the lack of runes for the in-game bundles a design choice or just a bug?

In-game bundles were not supposed to have runes from the start.

I was going to buy my in game bundle, But im going to hold off for now until this is addressed.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    In-game bundles were not supposed to have runes from the start.
    The original post certainly didn't make it seem that way. Of course it's been edited so it's clear now.

Either way, this doesn't change the fact that the in-game bundles are a poor deal.
    IGN: Aquilus

Originally Posted by Boreaquis
    The original post certainly didn't make it seem that way. Of course it's been edited so it's clear now.

Either way, this doesn't change the fact that the in-game bundles are a poor deal.
    No, but it suggests that they were being intentionally deceitful from the start.

Why else would they claim the in-game bundles to be "discounted" when basic math says otherwise?

Hi all!

I hope I can address your worries here. We are not trying to be deceitful in any way, but wanted to give our existing players a cheaper alternative to paying full price for the packs which include Runes.

Let's take your example of the Warband Pack. Think of it this way - The Bundles specifically cost exactly the price of all the content included. You get 4400 Runestones for $20, meaning the actual cost of the Warband Bundle is only around $18.

If you really want to, you can choose to pay a considerably higher price of around $50 to gain Runestones as well. As a result, you're getting 10,000 Runestones for only $32! Normally you would have to pay around $40 for only 9200 RS, so that means $32 nets you 7360 RS, so you're getting an entire 2640 RS for FREE by choosing to pay more money for the Pack instead of the Bundle.

I hope this quells your concerns about this,

~ Xenonetix ~

Edit: PS: If you want, you can buy all of the bundles together for lower than the cost of the Immortal Pack alone.
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 25th Mar 2014 at 18:46.

Originally Posted by Xenonetix
    Hi all!

I hope I can address your worries here. We are not trying to be deceitful in any way, but wanted to give our existing players a cheaper alternative to paying full price for the packs which include Runes.

I am a bit confused, and I am wondering if you are as well. In the paragraph above you state that you wanted to give "existing players a cheaper alternative to paying full price including runes". Yet at (1) you state how purchasing the pack gives more value for your money then purchasing the bundle.

Let's take your example of the Warband Pack. Think of it this way - The Bundles specifically cost exactly the price of all the content included. You get 4400 Runestones for $20, meaning the actual cost of the Warband Bundle is only around $18.

(1) This paragraph right here:
    If you really want to, you can choose to pay a considerably higher price of around $50 to gain Runestones as well. As a result, you're getting 10,000 Runestones for only $32! Normally you would have to pay around $40 for only 9200 RS, so that means $32 nets you 7360 RS, so you're getting an entire 2640 RS for FREE by choosing to pay more money for the Pack instead of the Bundle.

I hope this quells your concerns about this,

~ Xenonetix ~

Edit: PS: If you want, you can buy all of the bundles together for lower than the cost of the Immortal Pack alone.
    I guess you are looking at the packs completely different from what some of us expected it to be. Most existing players already have the sentinel/scout and have access to the game. So basically being a new players gives you a much better value then being a player who perhaps has tested the game, reported bugs, and provided feedback, while (hopefully) having fun doing so. To me this logic is kind of backwards, but I guess from a business perspective it makes perfect sense. Offer a better deal to new players and a worse one to existing ones? Oh well, some people seem to have bought the packs already, perhaps I am just a minority.

Originally Posted by Wobbley
    I am a bit confused, and I am wondering if you are as well. In the paragraph above you state that you wanted to give "existing players a cheaper alternative to paying full price including runes". Yet at (1) you state how purchasing the pack gives more value for your money then purchasing the bundle.
    In the same way as it's better value for money to buy 20000 Runestones than 1000. You pay more and get more out of it than if you were to just pay for 1000 20 times.

I understand your point about the Sentinel and Scout class, but there's really not much we can do about that. They are included in the pack prices, and there are the Warlord and Warband Bundles for those with access to them already. Of course, the game is still free to play, and buying the bundles is an option for everyone.

Ah ok, guess I just misunderstood your wording. Well at least I got it confirmed that Pack is superior to Bundle when it comes to "bang for your buck"

Originally Posted by Xenonetix

OK, using your math, which is really just a re-wording of what I've already said ...

+ $20.00 for Warband bundle w/ 400 runes remaining
    + $40.00 to recoup 9200/10k runes not in the bundle

Therefore the Warband founders pack is still the better deal, and beta players who try to match the Founders pack using the in-game store are still getting ripped off to the tune of $10.00 and 400 runes.

No matter how you put it, calling the in-game bundles "discounted" is just false. But as you've shown here, the inverse is true; players will get a discount on runes for getting the full Founders pack.

I see it as a "ripoff" to claim that something is "discounted" when it actually is not.

It may be a "deal" for those willing to buy the full Founders pack, but it was an outright lie for the blog to describe the in-game bundles as being discounted.
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 26th Mar 2014 at 03:45.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I see it as a "ripoff" to claim that something is "discounted" when it actually is not.

It may be a "deal" for those willing to buy the full Founders pack, but it was an outright lie for the blog to describe the in-game bundles as being discounted.
    OK. I will see if it's possible to have it reworded, and apologies for any confusion.

UPDATE: This has now been rectified - Thank you for your feedback.
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 26th Mar 2014 at 13:39.

What pisses me off is the fact the founder boost is running once you bought the ingame bundle... didnt even use the boost yet i lost a day.... maybe you could have informed us that the boost isnt like all the other items in the game.... Thanks for the heads up there guys... really im regretting my purchases and would love a refund right about now unless you fix some of these issues with the bundles.

Boosters have always worked like that unfortunately, not just the founders pack one. Stupid, I agree.