Thread: Why are you doing this to LOK?

Why are you doing this to LOK?

Originally Posted by midvinterblot92
    yeah.. not so much. it's true you can buy cosmetic items, but you can also buy weapons and abilities. whats worse is that when you go into the store to buy weapons or abilities the price shown is the "rental" price. thats to say you only get to use what you just bought for a week and then its gone. unless you buy it permanently and then the price is close to 5x what the displayed price was. i understand its a free to play game and they're here to make money from transactions but come on, RENTING you items? that's just bad business.
    What? no they are not doing that. Please say it isn't so. I mean come on Psyonix and Square Enix I know you made this game for us to play and I know you have to make money some where but wth why can't you just do exp boosters and cosmetics. Or maybe if you get clans going make it to where related clan stuff has to be bought or maybe one or two things have to be earned. I understand that it takes skill to play and that you seem to think that this won't affect gameplay at all but, I assume your not trying to make "money" for your game to make sure the people who made it get their paycheck to provide for their families but, you are taking it a little far don't you think? You are not trying to make money you are trying to make bank.... Just cause other F2P games do it doesn't mean you have to follow in their foot steps. Yes I know, this process has been a little rough and bumpy but, if the LoK fans bring you ideas and ways to bring in more fans or people to play, don't you think that that is enough to make more than enough money to where you don't have to go beyond the limit of making everything purchasable. When I first saw the trailer to this game and got on these forums, the original forum people clearly stated, "Please don't go down a road you can't come back from and don't screw up on this game" I would adhere to that advice. But what do I know? I am not yall am I?

Originally Posted by midvinterblot92
    yeah.. not so much. it's true you can buy cosmetic items, but you can also buy weapons and abilities. whats worse is that when you go into the store to buy weapons or abilities the price shown is the "rental" price. thats to say you only get to use what you just bought for a week and then its gone. unless you buy it permanently and then the price is close to 5x what the displayed price was. i understand its a free to play game and they're here to make money from transactions but come on, RENTING you items? that's just bad business.
    The purpose of renting items is so that you have the opportunity to try it before you spend a lot of gold/runes to permanently purchase it. I would hardly say that allowing people the chance to not waste a lot of money is "bad business".

Originally Posted by ThyLightBlackFlame
    What? no they are not doing that. Please say it isn't so. I mean come on Psyonix and Square Enix I know you made this game for us to play and I know you have to make money some where but wth why can't you just do exp boosters and cosmetics.
    The poster you're quoting is misinformed. Allow me to explain.

You can purchase boosters and cosmetics for real money.
    You can purchase weapons for real money OR with gold you earn just by playing the game.
    You can rent items so that if you're not sure you want it you can try it first before spending real money or your hard-earned gold.
    Nothing that we sell in the store that affects gameplay is only purchasable with real money.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    The poster you're quoting is misinformed. Allow me to explain.

You can purchase boosters and cosmetics for real money.
    You can purchase weapons for real money OR with gold you earn just by playing the game.
    You can rent items so that if you're not sure you want it you can try it first before spending real money or your hard-earned gold.
    Nothing that we sell in the store that affects gameplay is only purchasable with real money.
    Dear sir thank you for the information and that makes alot of since, I apologize if I have offended anyone and by the end of the day we are all "human" heh mostly and the people that make this game put their pants on the same way we do.

Also I know this is off topic but, the issue with alot of people getting that message saying we don't have access, has it finally been addressed ?

Originally Posted by ThyLightBlackFlame
    Dear sir thank you for the information and that makes alot of since, I apologize if I have offended anyone and by the end of the day we are all "human" heh mostly and the people that make this game put their pants on the same way we do.
    No offense taken. I only wanted to clear up the confusion

Wait....... we're supposed to wear pants?!

Lol the decision is yours good buddy.... I await to play your awesome game, tech support has tried to resolve the no access issue for 3 days now with various people so to all the fans who get this....it's gonna be ok...we will get their someday. "Safe" travels through Nosgoth everyone

And with that, I give you...

...Pants Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LonSdeXR0s
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

You are all misunderstanding the currency system entirely. Any item that affects gameplay (perks, weapons, abilities, classes) can be bought for in game gold, which is awarded at the end of each match. Weapons and abilities have two options, rent for 7 days, for either 270 gold or 300 gold depending on item, or be bought permanently for 5x the price, so 1350 or 1500 gold. Perks are available for 3 day (115 gold) 30 day (idk how much) and permanent (3000 gold) increments. Classes can be bought for 4,500 gold at the moment, or unlocked using a class unlock key you get at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20.

To put this in perspective, a loss earns you 50 gold, + additional gold based on score (I usually get around 60-65 gold a match). A win yields about 70 + gold based on score (I can hit around 80-85). So at most, if you sit afk through game and get 0 score, you will need to play 6 matches to get enough gold to rent an ability or weapon. If you perform well, this can be faster. To permanently buy a weapon/ability it will take 27 matches for a 270/1350, or 30 for a 300/1500 (rent/perm). In short, gold can be earned fairly fast. The purpose of renting is to see if you like the skill before you decide to save up and splurge on it. 24 hour perks are frequently awarded at the end of a match.

Items that are runes only are keys which can be used to open chests, which can contain a modified item or ability, randomly awarded after a match (Modded items are also awarded by reaching certain levels with classes, and randomly awarded), skins, and boosters, which give multipliers for class experience and gold per match.

Runes can also be used to buy the gold items above. I don't know the exchange rate and pricing of the item in runes, because I don't have a means to buy them.

I feel this is more than fair, considering the amount of work that goes into these games, which are released FREE, regardless of development costs. In an industry like gaming, one bad product can sink a developer into bankruptcy, and cause major issues for the publisher.

Edit: It seems in the time it took to type out this wall of text, everythings been resolved....gaaah
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

It is what it is...that is all, to be honest they can do what ever they want XD I just want to play the game! If you want to make bank than by all means take my money, I am not complaining I was just concerned. I work my ass off all day in a factory to provide my family with food on the table and bills to be paid. If they want to make stuff purchasable then I am going to throw money their way.

Hello Evrybody,

Why are you doing this to LoK...that was the initial question.

I want to refer only to this question.
    I dont know why they did it, but they did it. So maybe there is comming more.
    Maybe its just to have a vampiric slay-strategy-game out.

As mentioned in other posts and in game. I think this is a fast game. It is different than any LoK game.
    I dont know how they ever gonna connect this idea with the storybased LoK games. But hey, i am not a developer. And strange twists may bring a nice surprise to all of us fans!

For now i am glad to be testing!!! here in beta...testing for what ever will come.
    testing for free if i like, testing how it is to spend money ; ) if i like!!!

Nobody is standing behind me threatening me to keep playing, right? hope so ( quick glance over my shoulder)

Well, i keep an eye open for singleplayer games. If my heroes are to come back, hooray! If not...well then i was introduced into a new sensation of games.
    Personally i am to slow for this genre, but there are players who love this.

So i will not cry about my dearly beloved Raziel and the nice guy Kain ; ) because i enjoyed playing them already! Time fleets and changes guys, thanks for your time reading my thoughts on this

Have a nice day, or night if preferred : ))

Originally Posted by Cahyne
    I dont know how they ever gonna connect this idea with the storybased LoK games.
    This is how.

I want to put something in here to stop other diehard LoK fans who find the game doing what I did

When I first found out about Nosgoth shortly after the first video came out, I was already well past mourning the death of LoK

Finding out that Square Enix of all people, were making an arena combat game in "Nosgoth", with what at first looked to be a setting and theme that didn't fit anywhere in the timeline...... well that was like finding out that a loved one's corpse had been dug up by necrophiliacs, I felt very very strongly about it and it made me very depressed

It was a knee jerk reaction, and as more information came to light I really warmed to the game, there are some true LoK fans on that team, all of the new lore that they've put out is a wonderful addition to the setting of Nosgoth, and they've got the best people to make the gameplay

Before reading on this website, I had no idea that UT2k4's Onslaught Mode and the ME3 Mutiplayer were made by the same people, but those were 2 of the most compelling arena combat modes that I've ever encountered, and as more of Nosgoth's gameplay has come to light it's looking more and more like their finest work yet

I know the obvious reaction is "that's not the Defiance sequel it's going to be horrible", I've been there, but the more I learn and the more I think about this, the better it looks for the future of LoK as a whole.

If Nosgoth becomes popular, then it's going to pull people in who want to know what happened to Raziel, that gives a market for a Soul Reaver re-release/graphical update and the main series would be revived. If Square just released a Defiance sequel without doing any work before hand it would flop because the preceding 5 games are a huge barrier to new players entering the series

Not only does Nosgoth look like a superb game in it's own right that really fills out an era of Nosgoth's history that's barely been touched on, but it's also exactly what the LoK franchise needs for a revival

MordaxPraetorian: Glad to see people like you on board! I think most of us when through a similar stage but Nosgoth is ultimately good thing for everybody, die-hard fans and new ones. Hope you´ll get a key soon

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    MordaxPraetorian: Glad to see people like you on board! I think most of us when through a similar stage but Nosgoth is ultimately good thing for everybody, die-hard fans and new ones. Hope you´ll get a key soon
    Really well said.

I once had a conversation with someone who says he is a die hard LoK fans and also stated that it is ruining the Lore. After telling him that more LoK fans started playing and they all changed his mind he also signed up for the Alpha/Beta. As stated I also talked to some LoK fans and a big part changed there mind about the game from Crappy to wow this is great add to the LoK series.

I just love the game and hope that all people who signed up for the beta soon get a key.

Hello Ygdrasil, cheers Mordax Praetorian and hirukaru,

i know what is the role of nosgoth the game in the lore of LoK.
    What i meant is, is there a chance to integrate a multiplayer death-match into a single player game. Like having sidequests that are to play as multiplayer experience?

Maybe having different stages in the singleplayer game you can only conclude when you solve a task as a team? there are so many multiplayer games out that there are numerous posibillities of getting ideas...

But despite the fact that singleplayer games are independent from other factors then am i too tired or whatever to play, wouldnt it be worth to start some new kind of game, where both is possible? Wouldnt it be worth for players to wait for a group to form for completing another stage in the game?
    Multiplayer and single player? As i mentioned, sidequests, taskforces, even trading ingame?

To the idea of attracting outsiders i would say, yes great idea to get some more people on the theme with a game like Nosgoth ...as mentioned above, i am glad to be here and i like the game very much! ( i am getting better ; ) )

Its important to let go of the old game, they were and are great! .

Personally, I'm hoping that each new map post-release moves the timeline along a bit, each representing a battle from slightly later in the war

Eventually we could get the battle where the Zephonim captured the Silenced Cathedral, or even the siege of Dumah's castle, where he was killed

I don't think we can expect a single-player to be added at this stage, a Co-Op vs AI wave survival mode would be more likely but I really doubt it

Eventually we could get the battle where the Zephonim captured the Silenced Cathedral
    I am afraid that already happened in the time frame of the game (before SR1 intro). But they could always do the assassination on Zephon that the humans try later(the dead hunter in Zephon´s throne chamber).

What i meant is, is there a chance to integrate a multiplayer death-match into a single player game. Like having sidequests that are to play as multiplayer experience?
    I am not part of the dev team, but they stated Nosgoth is only mp experience and such will not focus on any sp parts. There are no additional resources which would support a creation of an sp part. However, the game will at least receive a tutorial where you can learn how to play some time during Closed Beta.

Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1
    I don't understand, you're taking a beautiful single player story driven game and turning it into a generic lore mash up a la World of Warcraft where we do "raids" and "pvp" and whatever?

LOK is the story of Kain and Raziel, not some random generic MMO class or whatever running around doing quests for gear and xp or whatever.

This is like turning Mass Effect into an MMO, and we all know how well that turned out with The Old Republic instead of making KOTOR 3.WoW's lore has gone to hell too and Elder Scrolls Online is probably next.

Why do you people do these things? We WANTED a single player sequel, you truly believe the world wants another freaking MMO, especially one of a world that's worked so well in the past as a single player experience?

You're just taking a name and using it to get some hype, this is just sad.
    I like how he doesn't admit that he is woefully misinformed after being told it's not an MMO. Some people.... He has every right to not like Nosgoth, but at least read what its all about rather than making it up.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Swagraven
    1. It's not an MMO.
    2. If you can't keep an open mind about it, you'll never see the potential in it.
    3. Personal feelings about the game aside, I find it particularly rude that you assume you know that they're " just taking a name and using it to get some hype." Plus, if they wanted to do that, they wouldn't have picked LoK. Even though it's popular, we're a niche audience, if we're honest here.
    4. How dare you tell someone else what kind of creative endeavor they can embark on? You wouldn't tell Stephen King that he sucks for not writing a sequel to IT, would you? It doesn't matter how much you wanted something, and how disappointed you are, if you're going to act rude like this I'm just going to assume you aren't even old enough to play LoK.
    5. I suggest you read up on what people who have actually played a bit of the game are saying before you pass judgement on it.
    Here's a thread with links so you can see more of what Nosgoth is all about.
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7189

We know you're upset, but please be civil, and think before you post. There's actually a lot going on for this game to be excited about, and I think once you learn a little more you'll agree with the majority of the fans on this site.
    Well said.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    I am afraid that already happened in the time frame of the game (before SR1 intro). But they could always do the assassination on Zephon that the humans try later(the dead hunter in Zephon´s throne chamber).
    Touche, well that battle would also be very cool, muuuuch later in the timeline though

Another thing I think would be awesome to get eventually is a branching map list that follows the war through based on which faction won the last match overall

for instance, the list could start with Provance, and then follow through into Sommerdam if the vampires win (humans get pushed back) or move into Vampire territory is the humans win, that would be a great way of adding some narrative structure to the game

The map list would have to track faction score in addition to team score to determine where to go next

First of all, I just don´t understand how anyone who claims to be a fan of the LoK games could not picture the whole line is about different events taking place in Nosgoth (the Sarafan crusades, the Vampire-Hylden war, the corruption of the Pillars), Raziel and Kain are only actors and part of the Nosgoth history. And second, don't forget the first title of the saga was an RPG, what's the problem with they releasing a differently oriented type of game?, what's so bad with moving forward and evolve? In the end, this is a good opportunity for we the old players to gather all together in a very special manner and to gain new supporters to the game, at the time it expands the plot and decompresses the story a little.

San Marcos, California, USA, North America, Earth
    Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1
    I don't understand, you're taking a beautiful single player story driven game and turning it into a generic lore mash up a la World of Warcraft where we do "raids" and "pvp" and whatever?

LOK is the story of Kain and Raziel, not some random generic MMO class or whatever running around doing quests for gear and xp or whatever.

This is like turning Mass Effect into an MMO, and we all know how well that turned out with The Old Republic instead of making KOTOR 3.WoW's lore has gone to hell too and Elder Scrolls Online is probably next.

Why do you people do these things? We WANTED a single player sequel, you truly believe the world wants another freaking MMO, especially one of a world that's worked so well in the past as a single player experience?

You're just taking a name and using it to get some hype, this is just sad.
    1.) It's not an MMO.
    2.) This game is actually incredibly fun, and still sticks to the lore quite well.
    3.) It's not an MMO. Who told you it was an MMO?
    4.) Mass Effect has a squad-based multiplayer that's very similar to this, and no one game them for it. If someone disliked it, they had the option to just not play it, like you have the option to go play something else.
    5.) It's not an MMO. Seriously, they have screenshots and people streaming gameplay. How in the world did you figure it was an MMO?
    6.) Don't be such a spoiled brat. Play the games you have, if a developer makes a new game that is fun, respects and also builds off of the lore of the older games in the series, and is entirely free to play, there is nothing you should be complaining about. Worst-case scenerio, don't play the game. The storyline basically ended at Defiance, what are you dissatisfied with?
    7.) Seriously, not an MMO.

Sorry for reviving this thread, but today, I have found an episode of Jimquisition that actually sums up and explains most of the complaints people had and still have with Nosgoth. Now, the video is not about Nosgoth itself, but about some examples of games that were ruined by trying to appeal to a "broader audience".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw_LeI2A77o
    Last edited by RealLoK; 27th Mar 2014 at 00:46.

Funny enough the developers of this game are actually sticking really closely to lore I notice some of the people who cry the game is breaking the lore actually know nothing about it and talking with the developers on the forums they know some details that I and other people did not know.

They are just mad that they are not getting their single player game.

Well, yeah that's a huge part of why older fans are disappointed shinros, another reason apart from there being an incomplete story is the last game was over 10 years ago. Graphics,tech and storytelling in games have changed a bit since then.

Page 4 of 5 First First 12345 Last