Thread: I don't understand a lot of this hate?

I don't understand a lot of this hate?

Originally Posted by Reidbynature
    Yeah. lol

Though I would maybe suggest that if you, Umah or Hylden can't sit in alongside Monkeythumbz on any other potential live chat that maybe you guys should revise the 'no banning' rule. I guess you guys want to appear sensitive and open and welcoming to everyone, but there was a reason they decided to leave the chat itself and just take questions from elsewhere generally. Just a thought.
    We'll get a few chat mods set up if there will be another live chat session to keep the trolls out

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

That's good to hear, Driber. Thanks.
    signature image

For the record, no I'm not a viral marketer. I actually agree with most of the complaints. I just disagree with the venom in which they are delivered. Make your case in a mature fashion and move on. I voiced my desire for a detailed character creator and noncombat areas but I won't throw a childish tantrum if they aren't included.

BINGO!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Originally Posted by Claribabe
    No, myself and Lord_Aevum already explained in detail why this game is a very bad sign for the series as a whole. To say this now with no explanation suggest you didn't bother to actually read the thread and thus your blind defense of the game makes you come off as some kind of viral marketer. I suggest you read what our concerns actually are before writing them off.
    FIrst: I am not a viral marketer. You can find me around the web IGN, OCN, Steam, Warframe, Battlenet, etc, under the same username (Lifeshield). a few other places like Skyrim Nexus, Xbox Live, ENBseries, etc under the username Unreal Warfare. Feel free to look me up and say hi. You'll find I am quite genuinely a gamer, just like you.

Maybe I should throw an insult at you or something, seems you want to label me and all, maybe that will show you I am just a normal user like anyone else here? Or is just being civil, being in disagreement, and having my own opinion, not acceptable? What is it? The low post count mean I cannot have an opinion without being deemed to act like a marketer? What an absurd thing to say. Honestly. I genuinely find that offensive and unwelcoming. What a great introduction to the Nosgoth community.

Second: I have read some users concerns. That doesn't change my "general opinion" in agreement with another user that people are taking this way too seriously and judging the game for what it isn't than what it is. Because a lot of people just are. Neither am I blindly defending the game. I haven't actually written off any concerns seems I didn't actually mention anything about them in my post. I just think people are, in general, too quick to judge it because it isn't what they want it to be, and the backlash is far too vile. A general opinion, not a specific one.

I swear it's worse than mentioning something anti lore on the Halo forums, and that is saying something.
    Last edited by Lifeshield; 1st Oct 2013 at 21:04.

Ok, people, there's no need to preface anything you're stating with "First, I am not a viral marketer." That's for the couple of posts mimicking the above. I understand the need to stand up for yourself,
    Lifeshield, and I do think in this case you're justified here.

We have dealt with the issue, so with the above, let's everyone please let this issue die. Thanks.
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 1st Oct 2013 at 21:26.

U wanna know WHY people have such controversial opinions about this game?
    Thats yer answer

Cute meme, but hard to take as a serious point.
    signature image

Pls stop opening threads with "I don't understand a lot of this hate?" questions.... This is a kind of provocation for me. <If i have to give this info; I am 31 yrs old. I am grown-up enough to know what i am talking about. Am i so emotional and passionate about it? -Yes!>
    People, just support this project and let them earn much much more money as they expect and let them shut their mouths and make our new game of the series. The game world have started to disqusting me. This unjustice, recklessness is an agony inside of me but i do not care now what is this Nosgoth game. I m gonna support it; not for SE or any other names... Just for my game. It is better u to do it, too. A bit more patience for our dreams. Do not expect them to understand this because they won't. So, we just, will take our responsibility for what we are dreaming of....

I don't see threads like these as a "provocation", fatihy35. Some people genuinely do not understand some people's reactions. It's one thing to be passionate, but trolling, actual hate, and even death threats towards the devs over a videogame is something many cannot wrap their heads around.

Originally Posted by Driber
    I don't see threads like these as a "provocation", fatihy35. Some people genuinely do not understand some people's reactions. It's one thing to be passionate, but trolling, actual hate, and even death threats towards the devs over a videogame is something many cannot wrap their heads around.
    There has been DEATH THREATS? This guys are nuts.
    signature image

Originally Posted by AutumnalDusk
    All I can add is a poorly-designed infographic:
    [...]
    I think that this picture needs correcting. I mean "Deep story" and "Memorable characters" in BO2 column (the Pillars are also debatable because they were only seen in a dream sequence).

Originally Posted by Paradoks_db
    I think that this picture needs correcting. I mean "Deep story" and "Memorable characters" in BO2 column (the Pillars are also debatable because they were only seen in a dream sequence).
    Yeah, but that were reference on them. But anyway, even thought it is not the game we wanted or expected, I think it deserves a chance, no doubt. I looks pretty fun to play our LoK with our friends for the first time, being someone that you would actually be in a land like that (Let's agree nobody here would be Lieutenants or Kain himself, shall we? xD)
    signature image

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    There has been DEATH THREATS? This guys are nuts.
    It's insanity. Sad thing is, it didn't surprise me anymore. This kind of thing has been going on for years on the internet and it's getting worse every year. Some corners of the web have turned into hate machines and some people do not know where to draw the line between constructively complaining about something and being a psychopath.

Celebrities are cancelling their Twitter accounts due the enormous waves of hate and aggression they receive for doing things that 99% of the population do or would do, themselves.

The web brings out both the best and the worst in people

Originally Posted by Driber
    It's insanity. Sad thing is, it didn't surprise me anymore. This kind of thing has been going on for years on the internet and it's getting worse every year. Some corners of the web have turned into hate machines and some people do not know where to draw the line between constructively complaining about something and being a psychopath.

Celebrities are cancelling their Twitter accounts due the enormous waves of hate and aggression they receive for doing things that 99% of the population do or would do, themselves.

The web brings out both the best and the worst in people
    It is really sad, actually. But I would like to compliment all of you for ignoring that people and making us this cool new title =D ok, was not what we were expecting to see, but it is really nice =D I can't wait to play it xD
    signature image

I actually wasn't going to come back to these forums after I learned all I wanted to know about the game and my suspicions about the worst of it confirmed. This will be my last major post so any responses will probably not given. Feel free to debate when I'm gone.
    I however can not tolerate the idea put about here that largely the people who dislike the mere idea and premise of this game are life threatening trolls to be ignored. I can assure you that would be a very large percentage of the fan base. Everywhere I go outside of these specific forums I see that the majority opinion is negative on this game, with perhaps those willing to try it at around 20-30%. This is simply a fact and this is not just because its not the single play we were all hoping for. Those who play a lot of MOBA games have repeatedly stated this looks bad even for that genre. I have not played any myself so I leave it up to the individual to judge on that basis.

If I were to sum up the actual points of negativity for the critics of this game, it goes as such.

The gameplay to be shallow and unable to hold much interest - the graphics to be dated - that it abandons the very tradition and core of what the series great - the lore to be thin and based on what people didn't say rather then what they did -(and lets face it we've seen - "the Razielim survive" in many a fanfic) - the models, animations, textures and possibly even entire maps to be right out of Dead Sun - the idea of this generating a new single player to be laughable - that there's are so many different MOBA's that hog the market that this will get torn apart by the competition - that this is yet another attempt by Square-Enix to milk an IP, especially here as reusing Dead Sun materials so thickly - to cover what they lost developing Dead Sun for so long before cancellation.

There, I think that about covers at least what I see as the major points of contention. I bid you good luck with your game, I honestly hope you enjoy yourselves.

Originally Posted by CountEyokir
    I however can not tolerate the idea put about here that largely the people who dislike the mere idea and premise of this game are life threatening trolls to be ignored. I can assure you that would be a very large percentage of the fan base.
    I don't think anyone was really making that point. It is however a fact that many people are criticising this game while acting uncivil and not providing any arguments. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Its hard to be constructive when its seen that this game is little more a low budget, low risk bone thrown at us. Most people, if they had a bone thrown at them would not give advice on how to make the bone better, they would prefer the beat the person who threw the bone at them over the head with it until they stopped moving. But I hope I've been able to make the position clear. I will probably not be coming back after this. I just caught this reply before heading off. Enjoy your game, once again

I actually wasn't going to come back to these forums after I learned all I wanted to know about the game and my suspicions about the worst of it confirmed. This will be my last major post so any responses will probably not given. Feel free to debate when I'm gone.
    I however can not tolerate the idea put about here that largely the people who dislike the mere idea and premise of this game are life threatening trolls to be ignored.
    When did anyone ever say such a thing? I'm pretty sure you must be wrong about that. If not, please link me to the post so that I can verify your claim.

If I were to sum up the actual points of negativity for the critics of this game, it goes as such.

The gameplay to be shallow and unable to hold much interest - the graphics to be dated - that it abandons the very tradition and core of what the series great - the lore to be thin and based on what people didn't say rather then what they did -(and lets face it we've seen - "the Razielim survive" in many a fanfic) - the models, animations, textures and possibly even entire maps to be right out of Dead Sun - the idea of this generating a new single player to be laughable - that there's are so many different MOBA's that hog the market that this will get torn apart by the competition - that this is yet another attempt by Square-Enix to milk an IP, especially here as reusing Dead Sun materials so thickly - to cover what they lost developing Dead Sun for so long before cancellation.
    You are not saying that you speak on behalf of 70-80% of fans who think exactly like this, do you?

Sure, I've heard these sentiments, too. But I don't believe each and every point you just listed is shared by everyone who is currently against the game.

I think the reality is far more nuanced than that.

Its hard to be constructive when its seen that this game is little more a low budget, low risk bone thrown at us. Most people, if they had a bone thrown at them would not give advice on how to make the bone better, they would prefer the beat the person who threw the bone at them over the head with it until they stopped moving. But I hope I've been able to make the position clear. I will probably not be coming back after this. I just caught this reply before heading off. Enjoy your game, once again
    Thank you, and I hope you enjoy RL =P (no mocking, just respectful goodbyes for a guy who had good arguments about his position... You were the best anti-nosgoth in the forum, mate.)
    signature image

Its hard to be constructive when its seen that this game is little more a low budget, low risk bone thrown at us.
    You may not be reading this but I'll give my answer anyway. It may not be easy but it's the only way. Sure, it will probably not help that much but it is the only valid method of voicing one's displeasure.
    I'm not interested in playing Nosgoth, but LoK is my favourite franchise and that's why I'm here. Because despite its flawed nature I want the game to be a worthy addition to the series. Right now I don't see that happening but at least I won't be blaming myself for not trying to improve it.

Seriously THIS is my last post now. I just felt I had to come back one last time to put some things in given the responses

Driber- poor choice of language on my part for which I am sorry. What I meant was I didn't want people to get the impression this is what the critics were

ZeroFernir - Aww that's lovely of you to say. I just hope someone can keep you all looking at Nosgoth's efforts with a more critical, cynical and sceptical eye - Watch them!

Paradoks - I respect your opinion and your choice of tactics. I wish you all the luck in the world

Ok seriously, I'm gone. lol bye bye

ZeroFernir - Aww that's lovely of you to say. I just hope someone can keep you all looking at Nosgoth's efforts with a more critical, cynical and sceptical eye - Watch them!
    Ehn, I don't think so =P I have critical eyes too, but they just decided that I would support the game =D
    signature image

Driber- poor choice of language on my part for which I am sorry. What I meant was I didn't want people to get the impression this is what the critics were
    I can't speak for others, but I certainly don't think that all critics are "life threatening trolls to be ignored."

I've seen plenty of people providing constructive criticism written in a civil manner.

While I can't comment on every part of this, I can at least comment on the art side of things as that's my place in all of this. I think people need to keep in mind that the majority of the feedback for the game so far as been from people who haven't played it but may just be upset that it's not the LoK game they wanted. From my understanding, the few reviews of it from people who were at the community event seemed rather positive, and that's from die-hard LoK fans. But to the comments:

- I wouldn't say the graphics are dated, though given that we're trying to reach a broad audience with the game it's not going to be using the latest bleeding edge graphics tech at launch. We've got plenty of pretty shiny things in there like motion blur, bloom, etc, and all of our stuff is using similar techniques that you'd find in Uncharted. People may want to wait until some proper screenshots are released before crying wolf here.

- Models, animations, textures, and entire maps are most certainly not right out of Dead Sun. The few things we were able to share between their game and ours are things you wouldn't notice unless you really went looking, such as grass textures, some trees, and a few small props (vases). Otherwise we've got a team here that has made everything else from scratch. It certainly looks a lot like Dead Sun and that's because we originally were in development alongside them and that was the intention. For a time, they shared some of our original assets as well.

I'm always confused by the hatred over the idea of us using a few of the Dead Sun assets. People seemed to love the idea of Dead Sun, so I would have thought it would have been a good thing for us to not waste development time remaking grass and trees. To each their own, but I can promise you that like it or not, our game is not merely a regurgitation of DS assets. I've worked too many weekends to concede to that

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last