Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: No complaining here Just constructive ideas of what we would like IN NOSGOTH

No complaining here Just constructive ideas of what we would like IN NOSGOTH

No complaining here Just constructive ideas of what we would like IN NOSGOTH

Ok so everything aside that we have already discussed, i was hoping we could get a thread going to see what we would all really like to see in Nosgoth or, at least get some ideas out to guys making the game, apart from anything else that is what the idea is of having the game community interactive so what would we all like?

Me personally im gonna go with being able to really customize the characters, we dont want to be playing with the same three looks all the time, a little bit of a change is always good, especially when you know that you've put your own personal touch on the character it just feels a little bit better i feel, but that's just me.

I also think it would be pretty cool if we could get a quick view of the environments before the "match " starts, y;know like a 2 minute countdown just to take things in for a moment before things get frantic! me myself i could look through Nosgoth's vistas and locations all day.

If we are not going to have cut scenes then i think it would be really cool if the dark chronicle was heavily featured in the menu or something so e can have a real in depth read into the era that we have been presented with and whats going on, mention of perhaps where the other clans are and what they are doing, maybe waging war on another front perhaps? Unwilling to commit forces to this battle? who knows. Also add to that the ability to read through the established history up to this point (in the game world )

Brief mentions of Kain, just mentioning his lingering absence etc

There are probably a good few more w could all think to suggest so what do the rest of us think?

and again feel free to throw your opinions out there but im just really interested in suggestions on ideas we could ask for in the game or just food for thought

I guess I would like to have more classes. 3 on each team seems at the moment a little bit low, but well, I'm not sure how Nosgoth will and should be played, like 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4 or what? I guess if they really want to create a tactical, great competitive game there has to be more choices.

Beside that I really hope it won't be a dull team deathmatch. In a game with teams I want something more, like capture the flag or capture points - anything to play as a team.

I played Team Fortress 2 for many years, which became something of a benchmark for team shooters for me and even Nosgoth would have to mess with this title. So if Nosgoth wants really to appeal to me, it must succed in this comparison and that means it needs many tactical components between me and my team and the classes, but at the moments I don't see that with only 3 classes.

Two features that I found pretty cool that Dota 2 utilizes

- Dynamic voice interactions between characters that automatically occur.... like when you run past your team mate or kill an enemy
    - A purely cosmetic animation where your character shows signs of poor health as opposed to full health. I.E. ( blood hemorrhaging from their body or a character holding his/her side as they run)

Originally Posted by Le_Don
    I guess I would like to have more classes. 3 on each team seems at the moment a little bit low, but well, I'm not sure how Nosgoth will and should be played, like 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4 or what? I guess if they really want to create a tactical, great competitive game there has to be more choices.

Beside that I really hope it won't be a dull team deathmatch. In a game with teams I want something more, like capture the flag or capture points - anything to play as a team.

I played Team Fortress 2 for many years, which became something of a benchmark for team shooters for me and even Nosgoth would have to mess with this title. So if Nosgoth wants really to appeal to me, it must succed in this comparison and that means it needs many tactical components between me and my team and the classes, but at the moments I don't see that with only 3 classes.
    I agree with you there, three classes on each side does seem little bit limited so like yourself i am hoping that it will be expanded, there are still another three clans that can be added so thats something at least to look forward to maybe. Also i know what you mean about wanting more than just a death match. Ive never really played much of them before so i cant really judge too much but what i do know is that variety is key. Maybe getting a good description up of what you think would work well would be a good way to go? describe out in detail what you think would work best?

lol i would love a melee class for the humans

Originally Posted by WrecktalDefiler

- Dynamic voice interactions between characters that automatically occur.... like when you run past your team mate or kill an enemy
    - A purely cosmetic animation where your character shows signs of poor health as opposed to full health. I.E. ( blood hemorrhaging from their body or a character holding his/her side as they run)
    I really like the sound of that, it gives and increased feeling of realism to the characters that always makes for a more interesting experience. Maybe as the vampires heal they could still have a slight mark like they still have to fully heal off of the battlefield? make it seem like they are actually involved in battle and will return to ranks or something?

Originally Posted by nerothehero2
    lol i would love a melee class for the humans
    would that work though? being as that a human melee class might not be able to stand up to the three vampire classes? or do you mean like the big mercenary's in defiance?

I'd especially like to see the Spectral Realm worked into gameplay (maybe using Dead Sun assets) if it can possibly be integrated in a story-friendly way, and for Simon Templeman or at least another member of the LoK voice cast to have some kind of a role.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

On the topic of cutscenes, one thing I would love is a short video for some of the lore-heavy maps that will be featured in the game, explaining what that place is, its history, its current state etc etc
    Everything narrated by a guy with a deep voice (Simon Simon Simon Simon)

+1
    Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    I'd especially like to see the Spectral Realm worked into gameplay (maybe using Dead Sun assets) if it can possibly be integrated in a story-friendly way, and for Simon Templeman or at least another member of the LoK voice cast to have some kind of a role.
    Spectral realm would be amazing to see but its how would it be properly worked into the game without it just being randomly thrown in there as that will no doubt have people getting quite mad. But maybe we could just see a glimpse of it somehow where the characters dont actually visit? I myself tweeted Simon several months ago asking if he was in nosgoth before it was officially announced, he didnt say he was in it but that he really loved playing Kain , that's not a direct quote though as i cant remember it off the top of my head

Originally Posted by SireofVorador
    would that work though? being as that a human melee class might not be able to stand up to the three vampire classes? or do you mean like the big mercenary's in defiance?
    like the mercenaries

I'm thinking shifting to Spectral could be something open only to Necromancer and Melchahim classes, for instance.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

yeah i could see it working to an extent, big and bulky like the Turelim in the game and those mercs could fair leap with a little enchantment i think it was. That might well end up as a great addition.

The two minute preview before a match wouldn't work, because some players would get impatient. Being able to the the camera around levels before even searching for a match might be a nice novelty to be added once more important things are out of the way.

I'd like to see some unlockable story snippets between matches as well. It could be the dark chronicle or it could new stories that take place during the war the game is set in or any era really. It could even be backstories for the different characters and places that you can unlock as you level up. Whichever way it's presented, it should have something for new and old fans and it should have pictures.

I've made it sound too complicated now, haven't I? Anyway, unlockable story snippets seem like a fun reward for accomplishing things in the game and would be cheaper than cutscenes.

EDIT: The above was in response to SireofVorador's original post. I'd also like to see the uniforms from the SR1 intro, Dark Eden, Turelim Territory, Unsilenced Cathedral, Kain's Mountain Retreat and The Human Citadel. Probably won't get all of those, but I've tried to prioritize.

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    I'm thinking shifting to Spectral could be something open only to Necromancer and Melchahim classes, for instance.
    The Melchiam class i think would work it in brilliantly perhaps as like a quick teleport away where they loose their body then move slowly through spectral to where a corpse was to inhabit. would look cool too

Originally Posted by Limed00d
    On the topic of cutscenes, one thing I would love is a short video for some of the lore-heavy maps that will be featured in the game, explaining what that place is, its history, its current state etc etc
    Everything narrated by a guy with a deep voice (Simon Simon Simon Simon)

+1

Now that is something i think we should all push for! As it would add a wonderful touch of continuity

Now that is something i think we should all push for! As it would add a wonderful touch of continuity
    While I would like to see that, it doesn't sound like Nosgoth would have the budget for lots of cutscenes.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    While I would like to see that, it doesn't sound like Nosgoth would have the budget for lots of cutscenes.
    what about just doing them like the character completion movies in Mortal Kombat or Injustice those could work though

I agree with you there, three classes on each side does seem little bit limited so like yourself i am hoping that it will be expanded, there are still another three clans that can be added so thats something at least to look forward to maybe. Also i know what you mean about wanting more than just a death match. Ive never really played much of them before so i cant really judge too much but what i do know is that variety is key. Maybe getting a good description up of what you think would work well would be a good way to go? describe out in detail what you think would work best?
    The scenario objectives could be WoW battleground influenced, obviously with the flair of this game... I could foresee a scenario where the vampires objective is to slaughter the women and children of a village and the humans have to defend it for a certain amount of time until the sun was to come out.. or something of that nature

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I meant just a couple of pan shots here and there while a narrator talks about the lore of the map.
    Like for example if the Lake of Dead were to be a map, it would be something like this;
    "(camera fades in to show the mid of the abyss) blah blah once a lush lake (camera zooms out of the lake) blah blah fledglings and traitors (shows the entire map from a bird perspective) blah blah thrown down blah blah one of Kain's lieutenants thrown down blah blah and now is a hotspot for the human/vampire war blah blah."
    Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!

what about just doing them like the character completion movies in Mortal Kombat or Injustice those could work though
    I guess we'll just have to see. I hope they can fit some kind of story into the game.

The scenario objectives could be WoW battleground influenced, obviously with the flair of this game... I could foresee a scenario where the vampires objective is to slaughter the women and children of a village and the humans have to defend it for a certain amount of time until the sun was to come out.. or something of that nature
    Yeah i could totally see that working! maybe even capturing them and having to get them back to a point almost like a capture the flag or something, as the vampires would need a food source, after all no army marches on an empty stomach lol

Originally Posted by Limed00d
    I meant just a couple of pan shots here and there while a narrator talks about the lore of the map.
    Like for example if the Lake of Dead were to be a map, it would be something like this;
    "(camera fades in to show the mid of the abyss) blah blah once a lush lake (camera zooms out of the lake) blah blah fledglings and traitors (shows the entire map from a bird perspective) blah blah thrown down blah blah one of Kain's lieutenants thrown down blah blah and now is a hotspot for the human/vampire war blah blah."
    I could completely see this working as a very good way to give new arrivals to the series a great little bit of the lore, as well as being great for us fans

I am a bit apreensive with the whole flight mechanic and the ranged x melee balance, but I think they'll do it O.K. The thing I would like at most to see in this game is surelly a sarafan character, and the other vampire clans too... That would be magnific! also, I would love some traditional cenarios becoming arenas, as the pillars, the Vampire Citadel and Vorador's Mansion.

I would love to have a 5v5 gameplay and 2-3 more classes for variety. For ex- human factions can set up traps. You can have a vampire which can sense these traps and dodge them and stuff.
    Also a map would be pretty useful. I would not want players to get lost while playing.
    +1 for capture the flag.
    It would be pretty good if they add a last man standing mode where you are own your own, no allies, every one is the enemy, both vampires and humans. It would bring back the classic Unreal tournament feel to it.

Edit: Also it would be good if you have a 1v1 fight in an arena.
    I don't know if the game will be based on matchmaking or not. But if it is based on matchmaking, then I would hope for some decent matchmaking.
    Last edited by TonyRex; 26th Sep 2013 at 22:03. Reason: A new suggestiong

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last