Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: No complaining here Just constructive ideas of what we would like IN NOSGOTH

No complaining here Just constructive ideas of what we would like IN NOSGOTH

Originally Posted by TonyRex
    I would love to have a 5v5 gameplay and 2-3 more classes for variety. For ex- human factions can set up traps. You can have a vampire which can sense these traps and dodge them and stuff.
    Also a map would be pretty useful. I would not want players to get lost while playing.
    +1 for capture the flag.
    It would be pretty good if they add a last man standing mode where you are own your own, no allies, every one is the enemy, both vampires and humans. It would bring back the classic Unreal tournament feel to it.

Edit: Also it would be good if you have a 1v1 fight in an arena.
    I don't know if the game will be based on matchmaking or not. But if it is based on matchmaking, then I would hope for some decent matchmaking.
    Sounds pretty good to me but wouldn't 5v5 maybe be a bit "busy" if you know what i mean, although maybe the maps will be more than big enough to accommodate that? 1v1 wouldn't really appeal to me too much personally, but im sure there would be people who would be interested in that.

Originally Posted by SireofVorador
    Sounds pretty good to me but wouldn't 5v5 maybe be a bit "busy" if you know what i mean, although maybe the maps will be more than big enough to accommodate that?
    From what I've seen in the trailer, I think they are big enough. But let's wait and watch what the devs do to improve their game.

From what I've seen in the trailer, I think they are big enough. But let's wait and watch what the devs do to improve their game.
    we should be very active as a community and get ideas and suggestions passed to so that these sorts of things can be implemented, everything posted could potentially be a good indication to them for what we are looking for them to implement.

Well, first I would like to say, please don't make the flying controls inverted, because that always confuses me. Or if you do, please make it optional, because I'm telling you I am hell bent on using the Razilim, and there will be vampires bombing out of the sky at random intervals because I won't be able to control it! (As amusing as that image is, don't do this to me, please. )
    Other than that, unlockable character cosmetics. I think other people have mentioned it, but getting big Turelim ears would be just dandy. Oh! And unlockable Sarafan armor for humans. Actually, unlockable armor for any enemy from the past would make me more excited than is probably healthy. I would have to see a little bit more gameplay before I can comment more on that, but as for skins, I think I'd mostly like to specially request throwbacks. I'd like to demand different skins and outfits in general, though. That's right. Demand.

Originally Posted by Swagraven
    Well, first I would like to say, please don't make the flying controls inverted, because that always confuses me. Or if you do, please make it optional, because I'm telling you I am hell bent on using the Razilim, and there will be vampires bombing out of the sky at random intervals because I won't be able to control it! (As amusing as that image is, don't do this to me, please. )
    Other than that, unlockable character cosmetics. I think other people have mentioned it, but getting big Turelim ears would be just dandy. Oh! And unlockable Sarafan armor for humans. Actually, unlockable armor for any enemy from the past would make me more excited than is probably healthy. I would have to see a little bit more gameplay before I can comment more on that, but as for skins, I think I'd mostly like to specially request throwbacks. I'd like to demand different skins and outfits in general, though. That's right. Demand.
    I think those are pretty sweet ideas! Especially the sarafan armor for humans, i think it would look pretty cool. They wouldn't fit cannon for the era of course but the look would be nice! I myself am in the exact same boat as you and will pretty much primarily be playing as a Razielim, and , as yourself i find inverted controls just a little bit fuzzy to use! so hopefully they are not inverted but i would think that the key binds will be customizable surely? either way i like your ideas!

I was reading the lore and I noticed that the vampire have tank class called Tyrant. I hope the devs add a big, armored Sarafan warrior class. It may add more balance to the gameplay.

I was reading the lore and I noticed that the vampire have tank class called Tyrant. I hope the devs add a big, armored Sarafan warrior class. It may add more balance to the gameplay.
    nerothehero2 had mentioned that earlier and had suggested that perhaps introducing a character like the huge mercenary seen in defiance might balance that out quite well. So hopefully the devs might think so too.

I think those are pretty sweet ideas! Especially the sarafan armor for humans, i think it would look pretty cool. They wouldn't fit cannon for the era of course but the look would be nice! I myself am in the exact same boat as you and will pretty much primarily be playing as a Razielim, and , as yourself i find inverted controls just a little bit fuzzy to use! so hopefully they are not inverted but i would think that the key binds will be customizable surely? either way i like your ideas!
    I think for a while, watching Razilim come rocketing out of the sky directly into the ground would be wildly hilarious, but it would get tiresome after doing that for a bit. I'm always afraid of anything with flying mechanics will be inverted. Too much Battlefield maybe?

Originally Posted by Swagraven
    I think for a while, watching Razilim come rocketing out of the sky directly into the ground would be wildly hilarious, but it would get tiresome after doing that for a bit. I'm always afraid of anything with flying mechanics will be inverted. Too much Battlefield maybe?
    I think it would be even funnier if youre not playing as the Razielim, like you are a Dumahim sneaking around ready to do a stealth kill then " BANG! " random Razielim hits the ground like a drunken bat lol! But still i agre with you, inverted controls are just not for me either.

More class diversity I think is sorely needed at this juncture. Of course I am just going by the trailer like everyone else. I started a thread for magic users http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7193

I really think that is something this game should explore. Also I would not be opposed to large PVP teams but any more than 5 might be a little much (again assuming arenas are not that large). As of this writing I've been told by one of the officials in my thread that more class detail will be unveiled in the coming weeks and that if demand is strong enough for certain class types they will definately consider it

Oh and on the topic of Razielim inverted controls bloopers I can't help now but think of the Family Guy Drunk Billy skit except with Raziel now so thanks whoever started that

Obviosly everyone wants classes based on all the vampire lieutentants, it's gonna be interesting what powers Rahab's offspring would have in the game, swimming just doesn't seem enough. While on the subject, I feel some levels should have lots of water in them, it would be awesome to use rivers for tactical advantage, jump out from behind waterfalls, trap vampires in aqueducts etc.

Idea for a level. I would like to see a level based on the silenced cathedral, before Zephon took it over. Humans have to protect their half-finished weapon of mass destruction from hordes of Zephonim. If the vampires manage to get into the deepest parts and destroy the weapon they win, if the humans hold out long enough the weapon is activated and destroys all vampires in the area.

Question, is this game really gonna be just humans vs vampires? No in-fighting with the vampire clans? No vampire hunters going up against human vampire-worshipers?
    Last edited by Markelim; 27th Sep 2013 at 15:55.

Originally Posted by markelim
    obviosly everyone wants classes based on all the vampire lieutentants, it's gonna be interesting what powers rahab's offspring would have in the game, swimming just doesn't seem enough. While on the subject, i feel some levels should have lots of water in them, it would be awesome to use rivers for tactical advantage, jump out from behind waterfalls, trap vampires in aqueducts etc.

Idea for a level. I would like to see a level based on the silenced cathedral, before zephon took it over. Humans have to protect their half-finished weapon of mass destruction from hordes of zephelim. If the vampires manage to get into the deepest parts and destroy the weapon they win, if the humans hold out long enough the weapon is activated and destroys all vampires in the area.

Question, is this game really gonna be just humans vs vampires? No in-fighting with the vampire clans? No vampire hunters going up against human vampire-worshipers?
    needs to happen like y-day!

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    needs to happen like y-day!
    We asked about the Rahabim at the community event and were told they were at the back of the queue for new character classes. It's understandable, because the levels that exist so far don't have water and if some were added everyone else would be at a huge disadvantage. I think the Zephonim were the best candidates for the next clan.

Spider-vamp, Spider vamp, does whatever a Spider-vamp does!

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    We asked about the Rahabim at the community event and were told they were at the back of the queue for new character classes. It's understandable, because the levels that exist so far don't have water and if some were added everyone else would be at a huge disadvantage. I think the Zephonim were the best candidates for the next clan.

Spider-vamp, Spider vamp, does whatever a Spider-vamp does!
    Looking forward to that. I'm not sure how accurate this is but I hear that Zephon's level was very much inspired by Aliens, I hope they keep to the theme of H.R Geiger when they design the Zephonim

As far as the Rahabim go, lore is on their side here as they weren't as devastated by the sun until much later in the de-evolution process so they could still operate normally on dry land. Although what is tricky is representing any real advantage concerning water in a game like this.

Originally Posted by LordMortanius
    As far as the Rahabim go, lore is on their side here as they weren't as devastated by the sun until much later in the de-evolution process so they could still operate normally on dry land. Although what is tricky is representing any real advantage concerning water in a game like this.
    My suggestion would be to give them poison based abilities, since I think that's what their projectile was supposed to be (I think Daniel Cabuco aid that). Their preproduction name Aluka means leech according to www.thelostworlds.net, so maybe something could be done involving that.

I'm in total agreement for leaving them until last, though.

I like the Idea of a "Sarafan Warrior", they could make a group of humans that strive to emulate the Sarafan and it would be the only class able to stand toe to toe with vampires.

-High Health
    -Good Meelee DPS, but low DPS ranged attack
    -Weapons that look similar to Malek's Halberd.

I would rather they have warriors devoted to the precursor of something maybe based on Sarafan stuff, but making it their own. Maybe also precursors to the Priestess. She's human, after all, so she shouldn't be born yet, but someone of her lineage that started what will become her order could have warriors following them.

Well Im sitting on needles until I get to see some more of the game =D

(click image to enlarge)

Also i know what you mean about wanting more than just a death match. Ive never really played much of them before so i cant really judge too much but what i do know is that variety is key. Maybe getting a good description up of what you think would work well would be a good way to go? describe out in detail what you think would work best?
    I guess I already wrote, what I think I would like to see. Something like capture the flag or capture points, as I believe that these matchtypes do support the team spirit. At least more than death matches do.

I will really like if we could upgrade weapons (human side) and abilities (vampire side). There should be more classes, for example maybe a ranged vampire, or a melee human (like the big guys on Blood Omen 2, with the vampire detector armor) that should be great...
    I already think that this game will be epic, it has 3 classes on each side, and think this will be just the Closed Beta...keep it up guys!!!

Originally Posted by Bl4ckw4tch
    (like the big guys on Blood Omen 2, with the vampire detector armor)
    ^This is a great idea
    Those guys looked awesome and they could be used as a way to sniff out vampires from hiding places and negate the element of surprise to some vampires.

I suppose the Turelim could get upgradable ears as a powerup!

This is the first Legacy of Kain game that they've released marketing material for since Defiance. Though there has been leaks of various attempts and projects, this one has made it the farthest.

Love it or hate it, this is happening.

Now, we can complain until we're blue in the face. Gods know I was enraged when I learned I wasn't getting my closure, and instead was getting a F2P PVP arena. But do you know what I realized?

If I just sit back, and watch it burn, it could take another decade before we get another LoK game. So, I'm ready to give 110% to make this F2P PVP arena stand out from the others, so that it doesn't die in obscurity like 90% of the games released into this oversaturated genre.

We, the fans, have our battlefield to make our stand for our series. We can't make war with the army we want, but the army we have.

SO. Suggestions that I think will help this game stand out from its rivals, or at the very least give it some longevity. And I encourage EVERYBODY to add to this, and refine this. If we can build the best game we, as a group, can put our minds to and make this game a smashing success we increase our odds of more LoK content in the future.

And mark me, Square, you will use this time to negotiate to get back Amy Henning and Kurt Harland. *tiny fist of rage*

One Shard

One server. One shard. One world. One Nosgoth.

Whatever you want to call it, allow everyone from every location to play with one another. How many people have wanted to play with friends who live in other places of the world only to learn they're not on your server? How many times have I met a buddy who plays WoT but on the EU server, or LoL but they're on the Oceanic server?

Since this is an arena based game, there is no reason we can't store everyone's account in one database.

This way, we don't have to worry about the dead server recursive, and can keep activity as strong for as long as possible. More players = More rounds = More fun = More money.

Glyphs

Alright, now we start to get into the gameplay stuff.

We know that the warriors of Nosgoth have used Glyphs to enhance themselves for centuries. The Sarafan warriors carved them into their armour. Raziel used them for magic in SR1. The Hylden Lord's troops used them in BO2. Glyph symbols were used as collectibles to expand magic and health in Defiance.

Glyphs could provide enhancements to individual abilities, and give the ability for players to customize their characters into something that matches their particular style.

The bonuses don't have to be large, just a few points here and there. Imagine the runes from League of Legends, where they're just another element in setting up your particular character. This will provide both progression and monetization options, which is good for both players and the developer.

BUT THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO GET THEM IN GAME. ALL OF THEM.

The War for Nosgoth

We could just have a generic PVP arena game where you choose your character, and get assigned to a random side. That is all well and good.

BUT this is Nosgoth, where story has always been King!

Players should pick the side they want to fight for, and work towards various campaign goals. This will allow for an unfolding storyline, and for the series not to lose its narrative edge.

Provide rewards to the winning side.

A couple come to mind:

Silence the Cathedral The Humans have built a weapon in the heart of Nosgoth, a great cathedral with sounding pipes tuned to the death of Kain's brood. It is not yet complete, but if it is allowed to be finished it could carry its deadly hymn across Nosgoth.

"Once a testament to mankind’s defiance of Kain’s empire, this towering cathedral now stood derelict, the humans who worshipped here, dead for centuries. Its architects conceived this tower as a holy weapon against the vampire menace, a colossal instrument of brass and stone. The cathedral’s pipes, once tuned to blast a deadly hymn, now stood silent, and these vacant spaces whistled their impotence."-Raziel

We can derive from this that while Raziel was a vampire, the Cathedral was still a threat. Imagine a struggle of mutual survival. The vampires trying to avoid extinction, and the humans trying to keep their greatest hope of liberation in tact.

Fall of the Ashen City Dumah, feeling safe in his fortress deep in the mountains, sent the bulk of his forces out to the field to crush the humans in the field. Little did he know that they had made the hard march through the mountain passes undetected, and were poised to strike his under garrisoned throne.

A series of battles, as the humans creep deeper and deeper into the city, trying to gain a truly lasting victory.

There are a variety of scenarios that can be written about the era that can unfold. Perhaps the humans trying to re-establish the Kingdom of Willendorf in the south? Maybe the clans crushing and purging one of the remaining human cities? They can be as big, or as small as we can think them up. They can span a year, or span a month, with scenario battles during that time that add up to figure who, in the end, wins.

Crafting

Love it or hate it, it is ubiquitous and for a good reason. It is a great way to provide progression, and can be implemented in such a way that it doesn't impact the actual power progression in the game. There are several ways that this can be addressed in Nosgoth.

Team Fortress 2: Allow players to use their collectable, customizable items for crafting and currency. The good news for this is it allows you to say nearly everything in game can be found, but still allow you to sell goods and make a profit.

This allows crafting to both be a progression path (I spent weeks earning items to craft this sick hat) and a monetization path (Hey, look at this sweet hat! Only $5!).

This also encourages players to play the game to get their materials, and anything that encourages people to play more is a bonus.

Neverwinter: Craft through minions. You can send them off to gather materials, and craft things while you're busy doing more important things (like liberating / enthralling Nosgoth).

The good news is that it allows you to build a huge suite of crafting professions and can allow it to be done in a relatively hands off way for the player. The bad news is that it is disconnected from the gameplay, so may not be engaging enough.

This can be corrected with some like a Mansion system. Imagine, a place to actually collect your resources and send your thralls to work. You can slowly build it up as a symbol of your progression in the game. Can even add cosmetic items for your Mansion for further monetization. Sort of like a dark gothic farmville, where you trade broken humans and blood rather than sheep.

Tokens / Fragments: Similar to the TF2 approach, but without the random cosmetics. You earn tokens and fragments which be combined and sold for goods. The better you do, the more tokens you earn.

The big problem with this specific system is that it can really undercut progression, since you don't even get the random chance to drop cool cosmetics. It can very easily feel to the player like they're just being forced to grind time versus a monetary investment.

But what to craft?

Cosmetics Hats. Pauldrons. Shiny bits. The obvious one.

Glyphs Tie them into the crafting, and allow the progression systems to feed one another.

Campaign goods Spend your time crafting things which will give a bonus to your side's war score!
    Last edited by TheIrtar; 29th Sep 2013 at 15:38.

hey guys its me (Calypso694 on other forums) my idiot self registered with that name but used an email that I don't think exists...anyways back on topic.

I don't know if this has been said already because I didn't bother in reading all the other posts BUT something I would like to see is a dynamic look in leveling up. cosmentic as well as a bonus upgrade.

so we know that the vampires don't have the pointy ears or three claw,two toe look they do in the others because they are fledglings kay? well, what if when you reach certain levels those looks change to reflect there evolvement(or rather devolve) into the monsters we know in the other games. heres an example.

reaching lvl 10 - fangs, improved and faster drinking blood

lvl 20 - pointy ears, improved hearing and a sense of where your enemies are when close

30- pointy claws and toes, faster and more agile, stronger

40 - they star to shed the armors they where to due their skin becoming thicker like that of kain and voradors armored shell. take less damage

it goes on but you guys get the idea. also I think it would be great to have the telekinetic blood draining ability as well. like if a human enemy is close to death and a vampire is close enough they can drain them telekinetically ala blood omen 1,2 defiance, that one scene when raz firsts emerges and comes upon dumahim and discovers to kill vampires...you get the point.

This lvl up progress obviously isn't just for the clans. the humans also get cosmetic and stronger weapons.

I had a thought that as they lvl up the armor starts to change to look more like the vampire hunters from SR1 that you come across in the human city and other locations, similar to what the star wars prequels did in making the new designs revert to the old ones from the originals. OR the armor can start going into what the original sarafan order looked like, that or the resurrected order from BO2. hell maybe even customizable.

and as far as the razielim go they can just get even more devolved until the turn into fully fledged giant bats. Lexy on Dcab showed some of her art and her designs were amazing for the fully devolved raziel and his clan.

oh and I loved the idea of having a WOW type voice over for each era. having Tony (RIP) do them would have been amazing seeing as how the EG sees all. Getting Simon back would be great, ill be a bit sad if Simon, Michael, or the others don't show up in some way, shape or form even its just quick VO for the areas and characters.

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last