Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomb Raider Legend - Boss Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    AMANDA EVERT
    Level 8 - Bolivia Redux

After a while, she will drop down and the interact button will appear on Amanda's head. Rush towards her and press the key to thrust Excalibur onto her chest before she goes up. She'll recover her health and you have to repeat the whole process four times.
    What key i have to press?? Attacking key??

If on PS2 the triangle key. Just run up to her / it when she falls to the ground and you should see the triangle key appear on your screen. Just hit it. She will regain power. So four times over and she will be dead. Seriously she is not that hard to beat. Earlier ones were harder.

I have pc

Smile

Hi Centurion0520. You have to press the "Interact" key, which in Windows is the "E" key, unless you changed it. Check the control configuration menu to see what key it is.

Thank you, but no need. I already figured it our myself. And its hard to beat Boss with HARD.

Post re

hey guys just one question about a boss in legend

Post re

the firs boss...the monster that amanda is controling...in the tesla factori....at the chamber with sphers...what should y do to kill him...or how can y get rid of him....pls very important...and very urgent...pls pls

Use Cheats

I've played all the time trials apart from England and Kazakstan (sorry for spelling mistakes!) and unlocked some cheats. I played the time trials in a random order and found a cheat on how to wield excalibur (or however you spell that!) I killed every killable boss in no time at all so if you've unlocked that cheat I would recommend you use it to beat the bosses.

Not wasting any more time

After two days of trying to beat the sea monster, I'm giving up. Regardless of where I stand or what I do (and I've tried every suggestion 100x), she won't throw the grapple. This is the last Tomb Raider game I buy.

Fighting Rutland

FIGHTING RUTLAND: At first he was hard to fight, until I discovered 4 grenades, will finish off the boss before his first jump. Be careful not to blow yourself up with your own grenades and make sure you hit Rutland 4 times with the 4 grenades you have. I think it was 4 but maybe it was three grenades. I forgot by now. All I know is after I threw 3 or 4 grenades before Rutland's first jump to heal himself he died before he could heal. LOL. I have to go play again to remember how many grenades to use. I think it was 4. I used all the grenades given to me, all of them.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by monkster View Post
    After two days of trying to beat the sea monster, I'm giving up. Regardless of where I stand or what I do (and I've tried every suggestion 100x), she won't throw the grapple. This is the last Tomb Raider game I buy.
    There are 4 levers and 4 huge cylindrical bells on little islands out in the pool. Each lever is just reachable with the magnetic grapple from the shore or the broken bridge. Grappling and pulling a lever causes a metal cage to drop from above. The goal is to shoot each of the bells repeatedly with pistols so the ringing sound will mesmerize the serpent. Then quickly holster guns, grapple the lever next to the bell and pull to drop the cage on the serpent's head. This must be done four times in all. Each time you succeed, the serpent destroys that particular bell and cage and loses a fourth of its health.

I assume you know how to use your grapple button.

If the above does not work maybe you have a bug in the game because from what I have been reading there are many bugs in the game, although personally I have not come across one bug yet.

Need basic help

Hi, I'm a newest gamer for TR Legend, so I have a little trouble about it, so if any one can tell me how can I pass trough the Peru first monster, I apologise about my broken english, I hope you can understand, I'm from Mexico.

Smile

Hi csc, and welcome to the Eidos forums.

The monster you are refering to is likely the "unknown entity". Are you at the interactive scene where you view Lara through the unknown entity's eyes? You just press forward and jump to get over obstacles. If that is not where you are, perhaps someone with more foresight than myself will understand your location and be able to help. It would also help if you gave more details.

This is what i posted in a different thread:

Oh dear. It seems you guys went through the trouble that i did. But don't worry. This isn't your fault. Its a problem with the game. I too, thought i would never finnish the game but alas i did! with a magical little thing called a FAQ.

Here, i will explain the problem ie, what is wrong with it, what is it, how can you solve it and a mini walkthrough of this level

BATTLING THE SERPENT: CHECKPOINT 14 registers after the cut scene. Exit the building and prepare for a confrontation. As Lara nears the broken bridge, a huge serpent rises from the water. It cannot be defeated with normal weapons. Instead, you must use the objects at hand to bring it down, while dodging its spitting attacks and staying away from its powerful jaws.

There are 4 levers and 4 huge cylindrical bells on little islands out in the pool. Each lever is just reachable with the magnetic grapple from the shore or the broken bridge. Grappling and pulling a lever causes a metal cage to drop from above. The goal is to shoot each of the bells repeatedly with pistols so the ringing sound will mesmerize the serpent. Then quickly holster guns, grapple the lever next to the bell and pull to drop the cage on the serpent's head. This must be done four times in all. Each time you succeed, the serpent destroys that particular bell and cage and loses a fourth of its health.

Simpler said than done, naturally. Below are some tips, in no particular order, which will hopefully make things easier. If you have other suggestions, I welcome them.

BUG WARNING: There is a bug here, in which one or more of the cages get stuck and won't drop when you pull the corresponding levers. Eidos Interactive has an official support page on this issue here >> http://support.eidosinteractive.com/... eid=557&nav=0 . Apparently this bug is triggered if the player attempts to grapple the lever at the precise moment that the cage reaches its highest possible position. If that occurs, it then becomes impossible to pull the lever again.

PREVENTION: So in order to prevent triggering the bug, do not grapple any of the levers levers before entering the tomb and once you're in the midst of the serpent battle, do not press the grapple key repeatedly.

SOLUTION: If you've already encountered the bug, you'll need to reload an earlier save made before the point where you triggered the bug, whether that was before entering the tomb or before the serpent sequence.Then replay the area following the 'prevention' tips in the previous paragraph.

Finally, one player suggested using the Action Replay Max cheats disc for the PS2. Apparently the 'Debug Level Select' option on this codes disc fixes this glitch in the game. I have not used this myself so I cannot guarantee it will work. In any case, I would not recommend buying it just to fix the bug, but if you already have an Action Replay, you could give it a shot.

Unfortunatly for me, I had to start my game all over again because none of these solutions were of any use to me. So if the info above isn't helpful then im sorry, but you will have to start again and DON'T PULL THE LEVERS UNTIL THE BOSS BATTLE!

I hope this information helped.

Exclamation Help!!

I borrowed tomb raider legend off my boyfriend and he is now working away so cannot help me. i am stuck on the boss with the entity (kasakhstan). i can get all 4 orbs electrified but when i look up the shield is still over the sword piece and the creature doesn't give me much time 2 fink before he pushes me over and doesn't let me up again until im dead!! someone help me please!! xxx xxx

what orbs? electrified?

DS Tomb Raider Legend - Stuck in Japan!

Help! Help! Please!

I am new to these games and have got as far as trying to kill Takamoto in Japan. I have tried & tried but cannot kill him so can't move on. Can someone help, please? I am using Nintendo DS.

I know someone will have already asked this and had it answered but I can't find it in the forum.

Thanks in anticipation!

When you are fighting Amanda as the Unkown Untity, when she falls to the ground and you run up to stab her, she's flailing around.

What I wonder is, is she trying to get back up, or trying to get OUT?

Maybe she's not SO evil....

if you've unlocked excalibur unlock it and kill james rutland with only a few swings. hooray
    signature image

in the boss fight in ghana africa rip the platforms down before shooting him

Smile Practice and you tube

I have finished this game many times and yes because I know what I am doing the bosses are like so easy but when I first played the game it took me awhile, so practice and keep at it, then go to u tube and look at videos and come here and read. Some people want to give up but you will never finish the game that way, you have to keep trying over and over again and don't give up. I used to have problems with the grapple with the sea monster but now, not a problem. I just know where to stand, so when the grapple comes out I don't miss after sea monster makes that weird sound, then as soon as I hear it I go for the lever and bang his head gets hit with a bell. When I first started I would hear the sea monster sound he makes, then I would miss the lever, then I have to keep shooting the bell, until I could get the lever pulled down, but now since I know where to stand it's not a problem and how close I have to be to the bell. This is where practice comes in and a lot of it. None of these bosses scare me anymore!

Great tips there Lawrence! And it's never too late for that kind of advice.

I find it easier to just run straight at Takamoto and take him out at a close range. He will throw green beams at you, but if you stay not too close, you have enough time to duck or jump and evade them. He'll be dead in no time, even on Hard Mode.

The creature in Kazachstan is easy as well. Just 'flip' your way to the levers, by tapping the roll button and he will hardly get you. Then run to the Tesla gun and shoot those thingies.

I am having a lot of trouble with the Entity in the Redux level on Hard Mode. I want that Achievement!
    It just seems like I haven't got enough medipacks. One blow of the Entity and she loses almost all of her health. It just seems impossible!
    signature image

Thank you treeble, your strategies were really useful
    signature image

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123