Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider Legend - Boss Strategies

Okay thanks, I'll try that, now I think I get it functioned, because I died when she got down the third time.
    You are my hero, unless it won't work

Level 4 Killing Rutland.

I do not know if this will work on anyone else's PC but I was having loads of trouble killing Rutland (not surprising as I am useless) when by chance during one battle with him I found myself under the platform he had returned to to replenish his energy.Instead of leaping down to beat me to death yet again and allthough he kept yelling at me he remained uptop.From my position I was able to shoot at the columns and pull down the platforms.This left a straight battle with Rutland and allthough I lost this first battle with him I was after several attempts able to find the place to hide when he was up on the platform replenishing and finally defeat him.

Has anyone else been able to do this? In any case I hope this works for you if you are having trouble with Rutland.

Max.

Although the shotgun takes longer to load, you can knock Takamoto out really fast if you use the shotgun with this strategy: run straight for him. Run right at him, replenishing health as you run, and keep shooting. Don't let him get away. I took him out within a minute or so this way.

plessse help me on this

Quote Originally Posted by TREEBLE View Post
    THE SERPENT
    Level 7 - England

Related topic. Post your problems/doubts here.

Don't even waste your bullets firing the serpent's head. Instead, aim one of the four bells and keep firing away until you see the serpent turning her head to look at it. As she does that, keep calm and let go of your guns and press the grapple button. It will attach to a mechanism near the bell. Immediately pull it to drop a cage onto her head.

Repeat it on the remaining three bells.

TIPS:
    - don't use the accurate aim on the mechanisms. Just stop firing and Lara will holster her guns, then simply press the grapple key - it will attach exacly to the right spot.

- stay calm. You have a very tight window before the serpent turns her head back to look and attack you. As you let go of guns, press the grapple button only once, otherwise you might throw and cancel it thus losing precious time.

- there seems to be a glitch on this area. If for some unknown reason the grapple won't attach to the mechanism, drop onto the water and let the serpent hit you and throw you back onto the castle entrance. (still unsure whether this works everytime, but when you are hopelessly stuck, it won't hurt trying)

- when throwing the grapple, just press the button once and hold it down, instead of tapping it. It will certainly avoid an abrupt interruption on the grapple.

AKA: Leviathon, Leviathan, Snake, Lake Monster

Additional tips by nowalruses.
    ok..so i got to the bells and managed to get 3 out of the for done...but for some reason on the last bell in the back right corner i cant get the cage to drop...my graple sticks to the mechanism and the handle pulls down but the gears dont turn therefor the cage doesnt fall...WHAT SHOULDDD I DOOO

Unknown entity -- when you do kill, pointers?

I see the "U.E." mentioned for kazakstan, but not for the final Bolivia scene. I've made it through that scene on easy, medium, & time, but my performance on "hard" leaves considerable room for progress.

I'm lucky if I stun (4 required to kill) the UE twice before he's polished me off. I am starting with 3 Health Packs, but 2-3 hits from the UE and I can be dead. It's hard to go through an entire battle and stun him 4 times before he kills me once. Maybe once, on "hard", I've stunned him 3 times, but I was down to "blinky" health and zero H.P's left -- so I didn't last the next hit.

I try to keep moving using rolls/jumps mainly to either side, but I've noticed a considerable lag before she takes the jump (at least it seems long -- in reality, it's likely <.5 seconds), but the controls feel like mush. Part of it is the swing of the sword. With her pistols, she can jump all around and be shooting at the same time, but with the sword, she has to stand, swing, follow-through and reset position -- seems like the movement keys aren't very responsive when she's actually trying to swing -- and if you keep moving too fast, pulling the "swing" button can be ignored as well.

In easy & medium, I can usually get the UE just with the 3 HP's (or less). When first doing this segment (on easy), I used the hint of saving and restarting from before the battle with the men. The reason for that hint was that if you'd just gone through the battle with the men, then during your UE fight, extra HP's would be laying around that you could pick up during your battle with the UE.

However, on "hard", not only do the men get nastier. Assuming I don't die, I'm usually fairly damaged before end of battle with men when playing on hard. But the advantage of them leaving behind HP's drops significantly on hard. They just don't leave as many behind.
    I'm lucky if they leave behind enough HP's to heal me and stock me to full -- so the strategy of playing from before the group-fight doesn't work so well in hard.

Any strategies, idea? I'm generally using the "Advanced Toggle" mode as it has the best chance of keeping me locked on (though not too well with the UE).

Thanks,
    A*a

Astara, the final boss is Amanda morphed into the Unknown Entity. Treeble has posted notes about that boss.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...57&postcount=5

As for the bulletproof cheat, you can only get it if you beat the time trial in England. xD Not in Bolivia.

senatore:

Yeah, that one worked for me the first time thru.

I had made the mistake of trading the Assualt Rifle for the grenade launcher.

But your method worked just fine and I actually killed Rutland with pistols alone.

I still say, Lara's pistols are a force to be reckoned with.

I've yet after several run-throughs on different difficulty levels found my self REALLY need ing anything else. I've never been able to see the use of grenades, consider the shotgun to be weak, (for a shotgun), and the Assault rifle to be very expensive on ammo. Yeah I'll blow it out of ammo while it's still available, but I did defeat Rutland with pistols alone. And still can.

Thanx for your very helpful tip.

Peace.

Rutland - West Africa

I watched the video and read ur "tips" but unfortunately I still keep getting killed and i cant stop him from climbing all over me.... cant seem to time the grenade thing well.
    When u throw the grapple is it just "G" then Q on PC or do
    you need to use arrow keys to pull it down ?

Linghi7

magnetic personality ...

shouldn't the sequence for pulling in the grapple be the same?:
    <grapple> <jump>
    where the <jump> key now serves to pull in the grapple since the grapple is in use.

i could be wrong, this is from PS2 memory after all ...
    ... and remapping the PC keyboard could possibly be an issue, but i don't think it is.

about Rutland ...

They say that Lara isn't really Rutland's enemy ...

Red Face (Embarrassed) Blue Metallic Circle (grapple)

Anyone know how u grab the blue metallic circle (grapple)
    that appears above Lara's head.... i know i've done it before but have forgot.... i tried to jump and use arrow key but didnt work.... dumb I know....

Use Of Forklift In England

Anyone know the controls to make the forklift lift the iron gate in England ?

I have watched the video that Treeble put up on Youtube and it all looks so smooth. When I play this level, all I get is a close up of the back of Lara's head and she is looking skyward and running all over the place - backwards largely.

I play on the PC and can't keep moving the mouse to realign the camera angles AND work the keyboard simultaneously. The way it is done in the video look effortless - very similar to previous TR games. Lara is in the third-person capacity but is in the first-person view when I play.

Surely I am missing something simple here? It's practically impossible to get any shots aimed and fired at Rutland. I just can't target him and end up being knocked over. It's hard to convey without someone actually sitting here and watching me play. It's a real shame for I got this for my birthday last year and have never got past level 4.

I got so cross and frustrated, having covetted the game for so long, that I was close to tears because poor camera angles and controls have put paid to me ever being able to play this game.

But I did find a bug that allowed me to finish off Takamoto - the target was grey but he still bought damage and he didn't move one iota. I just stood behind one of the pillars and eased out slightly. He doesn't target Lara but she can take all day killing him as he's a motionless and open target.

Quote Originally Posted by linghi7 View Post
    Anyone know how u grab the blue metallic circle (grapple)
    that appears above Lara's head.... i know i've done it before but have forgot.... i tried to jump and use arrow key but didnt work.... dumb I know....
    You can press the jump key , and then the jump key quickly after that. Or you could press the jump and then Q (I think this one works)

tomb raider legend and anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    AMANDA EVERT
    Level 8 - Bolivia Redux

Amanda uses the stone she found in Para√*so and morphs into the Unknown Entity itself. You have the Excalibur, so basically simply lock your aim on Amanda and keep swinging the sword. She moves really fast, but you'll still hit it nevertheless.

Don't stand still, as Amanda has a powerful attack which will drops you down and she might even get to chain a few combos dropping you off the arena. Keep running in circles and take cover behind the stones when needed. Also note the Excalibur's attack goes through walls, so never stop swinging it.

After a while, she will drop down and the interact button will appear on Amanda's head. Rush towards her and press the key to thrust Excalibur onto her chest before she goes up. She'll recover her health and you have to repeat the whole process four times.
    she was to easy for me guys look i beat tomb raider legend in one day on the xbox360 and ps2 i cant wait for anniversary come out may 25

Quote Originally Posted by Lo. View Post
    I have watched the video that Treeble put up on Youtube and it all looks so smooth. When I play this level, all I get is a close up of the back of Lara's head and she is looking skyward and running all over the place - backwards largely.

I play on the PC and can't keep moving the mouse to realign the camera angles AND work the keyboard simultaneously. The way it is done in the video look effortless - very similar to previous TR games. Lara is in the third-person capacity but is in the first-person view when I play.

Surely I am missing something simple here? It's practically impossible to get any shots aimed and fired at Rutland. I just can't target him and end up being knocked over. It's hard to convey without someone actually sitting here and watching me play. It's a real shame for I got this for my birthday last year and have never got past level 4.

I got so cross and frustrated, having covetted the game for so long, that I was close to tears because poor camera angles and controls have put paid to me ever being able to play this game.

But I did find a bug that allowed me to finish off Takamoto - the target was grey but he still bought damage and he didn't move one iota. I just stood behind one of the pillars and eased out slightly. He doesn't target Lara but she can take all day killing him as he's a motionless and open target.

just buy a joystick at bestbuy or target ok $20.00

Quote Originally Posted by tombraiderquan View Post

just buy a joystick at bestbuy or target ok $20.00
    I bought a gamepad for the PC but am rubbish on that also

Quote Originally Posted by Lo. View Post
    I didn't put that video on YouTube, I only have Legend on the GameCube. I think it was Elen who took the instructions I posted and recorded it to post on YouTube. I haven't had the opportunity to play the full game on PC yet as it hasn't been released on Brazil as of today (a whole year worth of copies were sold in the black market, however...), but I suppose it's only a matter of practice.

On the console, with the dual analogue sticks, it only feels natural to rotate both at the same time while firing and jumping about; but on the PC I guess it might be a little more difficult as the mouse sensitivity has to be taken into account and everything else. But if you lock the target, Lara shouldn't look up, even if you pushed the mouse to do so.

Thanks Treeble, I guess it is most definitely a case of not enough practice and familiarity with the game. Unfortunately, I cannot avoid facing Legend and it's new challenges forever because I assume that Anniversary and any future games will run in a similar fashion and if I don't familiarise myself with it then I am going to be seriously left behind!

I think I shall play without worrying too much about being defeated and just view it as a practice exercise, therefore removing much of the stress and enabling me to relax a bit better!

I am aware Elen made the video by the way - I mentioned you as it said 'Found by Treeble' so I wasn't sure if you had posted it on there or not. Either way, it has shown me how the platform is supposed to look during gameplay and that is completely different to how it looked whilst I was in that level. To top it all I was on limited health and with no spare medpacks - an obvious oversight on my part as I usually have plenty to spare in other games where medpacks are unlimited.

all the bosses are noobs they to easy

see i told yall no body can mess with the TOMB RAIDER HOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOMB RAIDER FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takamoto

Here are the screenshots for defeating Takamoto.

He must be at opposite ends to Lara and if you get it just right, you can side-step out from behind a pillar and target Takamoto even though the target shows up as grey. He still takes damage but it does involve patience and an awful lot of ammo. He meanwhile just stands there and does not target Lara.

I passed these shots onto Stella and she briefly and kindly mentions me ('Louise') in the walkthrough as my method is slightly different to a similar one that Stella herself uncovered.

I have not played again since so could not say how reliable this method is - it may have been a one-off fluke but my shots do prove it has been done so with the right angles it should work again!

Notice how neither Takamoto nor Lara have moved but you can see by his healthbar that he is taking damage

Bolivia Redux

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    AMANDA EVERT
    Level 8 - Bolivia Redux

Amanda uses the stone she found in Para√*so and morphs into the Unknown Entity itself. You have the Excalibur, so basically simply lock your aim on Amanda and keep swinging the sword. She moves really fast, but you'll still hit it nevertheless.

Don't stand still, as Amanda has a powerful attack which will drops you down and she might even get to chain a few combos dropping you off the arena. Keep running in circles and take cover behind the stones when needed. Also note the Excalibur's attack goes through walls, so never stop swinging it.

After a while, she will drop down and the interact button will appear on Amanda's head. Rush towards her and press the key to thrust Excalibur onto her chest before she goes up. She'll recover her health and you have to repeat the whole process four times.
    I tried to defeat (She dropped )Amada five times but she is still alive why?

How LARA faught the SeaMonster & then moved ON!

I to had problems with Level 6 with fighting the sea monster. I was getting very frustrated after trying a couple of times. I had to leave the game for a few days. I then booted up the game to try again. YEA!!! I did it after trying for about an hour. YES!! I finally past this level. I was so happy with myself! OK....this is how "I" did it......After the first cutscene.....I ran LARA down the center path. As soon as I came to the end, the seamonster came up on the left side.....so I had LARA short at the left tower.....as soon as the monster looked away, I had LARA immediately pull the lever! YEA! it worked, then after the "Cutscene" I had her immediately shoot the tower on the right and as soon as the monster looked away, I had LARA immediately pull the lever. YEA!! It worked again....After this cutscene, have LARA "RUN, hop, roll....just really HURRY to the temple. Have her rest inside on the right (as she is looking out)....If you do just like I said above, LARA will still have ALL her health as she rests inside the temple.....she then see's the monster on the other side on the right.....Have her run over to the left and have LARA shoot quickly to the left tower. As soon as the monster looks away, hurry and pull the lever! YEA!! It worked again.....after the cutscene, Run LARA a fast as she can run to the last tower on the right and shoot as fast as you can at the tower....as soon as the monster looks away, pull the lever! YEA!!! It worked again....Now pat your self on the back!!! You did it!
    //(*_*)\\
    BeachLady...><((((¬ļ>.¬∑
    http://www.VenturaBeachBears.com

*sobs quietly*

i have tried loads of times to defeat Rutland, but still cant get there, I have tried soo many stratigies and not one of them work! I always get killed.. Anyone got any tips for the PSP version?... help I reallly wanna move to the next level x

Quote Originally Posted by black-rose-1706 View Post
    *sobs quietly*

i have tried loads of times to defeat Rutland, but still cant get there, I have tried soo many stratigies and not one of them work! I always get killed.. Anyone got any tips for the PSP version?... help I reallly wanna move to the next level x
    I managed Rutland with no healthpacks (a rather silly oversight on my behalf!). It was therefore quite challenging. But I got up one morning and managed it in one attempt by simply running around and largely avoiding his attacks. Once he's up on a pedestal recharging his health you have time to shoot at least one of the jewels out of the pedestals (possibly two if you are adept enough).

I use the long way around and just shoot out one at a time all the time moving in circles around the room and generally keeping out of Rutland's way.

Then I seize the chance to use the grapple points to collapse the ledges. It took a while but I managed it!! Maybe I was just super alert that day because if I was to return and do it again I'd probably mess it up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast