Thread: Sarafan and Hylden

Sarafan and Hylden

Sarafan and Hylden

Curious as to how the Sarafan and Hylden will play into this. Any speculation?

Originally Posted by Janos7
    Quite curious here aswell, but as they stated so far Human Vs Vampire so Hylden might not be showing up at all.

It's too early to tell, but I wouldn't be surprised to see remnants of old Sarafan imagery at least in the concept art. I think it would be cool to see Sarafan armor as an unlockable.

Agreed unlocked as cosmetics would be nice =D

(click image to enlarge)

I imagine we'll be seeing Sarafan or, at least, a group of humans clinging to the traditions and the banner of the Sarafan as the great purgers of Vampiric Kind. I wouldn't be surprised if the Humans in the game march under the old Sarafan banner to be completely honest.

The Hylden however? I don't imagine we'll be seeing anything of them. Remember, all the stuff Raziel and Kain deal with in the later Legacy of Kain games were considered by 99% of Nosgoth's inhabitants a forgotten past. Raziel was Kain's right hand man and everything he learned of the Vampires' history and their war with the Hylden caught him entirely by surprise. We can assume he never even saw a depiction of them until the course of Soul Reaver 2 when being purposely hurled head long into the depths of Nosgoth's dark history.

Originally Posted by Janos7
    None I would say. One is dead by the time Nosgoth is set and the other hadn't made its presence known at that time. The Hylden aren't really active during that time period.

We could possibly see Hylden but Sarafan( God rest there souls) are dead. That being said there could be remnants ( sons of fathers whos fathers passed down some Sarafan know how)and honestly I would be silly to not expect anything from them.

I dont think that the Hylden will show up because their influence was ended by Kain when he killed the Hylden General with the Soul Reaver and closed the conduit to the Demon dimension that they were using with the Nexus Stone.

There is no story so I don't see much chance of either appearing. At best I could see some references of ties to descendants of the Sarafan order, but that would only tie to the Hylden Lord's version of the Sarafan order since the actual Sarafan were no longer around at that point either.

The Hylden however are far more unlikely to appear. I think they've said on the Eidos forums that they won't appear. Plus adding them as a faction would require a fair amount of story and Nosgoth doesn't have one.

Originally Posted by Reidbynature
    None I would say. One is dead by the time Nosgoth is set and the other hadn't made its presence known at that time. The Hylden aren't really active during that time period.
    If the series takes place during the fourth timeline (the one created at the end of Soul Reaver 2), then both the Sarafan Orders are dead, because the game takes place ~800 years after Blood Omen 2. If it takes place in the second timeline, then only one ever existed, and it's dead.

That's what I'm saying. The Sarafan are dead and the Hylden hadn't made their presence known during that period.

I did expect Sarafan when they said it was Vampires x Humans... But the Hylden I didn't expect neighter I wanna see them in the game. The hole idea of the game has nothing about the game. But the Sarafan... I will surelly miss them in the game.

yea it should be Vampires VS Sarafan istead of humans,.. humans were just health globes for vampires while sarafan order really made a impact on them

Originally Posted by Kokekx
    yea it should be Vampires VS Sarafan istead of humans,.. humans were just health globes for vampires while sarafan order really made a impact on them
    I suppose there's no reason why the Sarafan order can't be revived a second time. If there are still humans who revere them, they could easily take on the same name in honor of the originals.

No Sarafan or Hylden in this game, it just doesn´t fit the time frame.

I also wouldn´t say that humans during Kain´s empire era were so weak.. remember, they assassinated Dumah and burned down his own city, causing the Dumahim to become nomadic. They also preserved the Human Citadel intact while the clans fell apart.

Not to mention the odd hunter stalking around alone as well in SR1.

Dem humans need to be put in place!

(click image to enlarge)