Thread: Trophy Count and Discussion

Trophy Count and Discussion

So, the game has been out for two weeks and I'm done with everything new, now it's on to the trophy grind for me! Currently I have 44 trophies and am working towards the Perfect Chain all Expert songs (28/43 done, woo!), Practice 50 times, and use Play Demo 50 times trophies at the same time (practice before each song, PC song, play demo of song). How many do you guys have, and what are you working towards now?

Also, is it just me or does that "Obtain 99 ProfiCards" trophy just seem completely ridiculous?

I've had the game for about 3 1/2 weeks now and have 38 trophies thus far. Initially I was working on unlocking everything, just picking up whatever trophies I happened to get through that process, which was quite a few obviously and now I'm working on getting the rest of the trophies that I can get.

I absolutely HATE the trophies that have to do with Streetpass and/or multi-player and will probably never get them. Those are so freakin stupid because I haven't picked up a single street pass since getting my 3DS, which I guess must mean I'm the only person out of the roughly 855K people in the entire RTP area that has a freakin 3DS or else they're all hiding underground. So given that fact and the fact that none of my friends in the area have a 3DS, that makes those trophies quite problematic.

I also don't like the ones for "playing demo a lot" and "practicing a lot", neither of which I've gotten yet, since neither serve any purpose whatsoever IMO. I mean demo is completely pointless unless I'm missing something...I have no idea why you'd ever play the demos, I did it once and I see absolutely NO POINT in it at all. As far as practice, this is one of those games where there seems to be no reason not to just get your practice by playing since there is no negative that I see to losing other than maybe wasting an item and it's not a competitive game where you need to be prepped to face your opponent. Plus I think practice is pretty worthless for the fact that it has the triggers that you haven't gotten a Good or better on (I assume that's the criteria) shaded darker so if you're practicing before ever playing the score, it's not even really good practice because for Ultimate scores, which are the only ones I would see you ever even needing practice on, it makes it harder to see arrow directions and also harder to tell between touch triggers and arrow triggers when they're coming really fast sorta like in the feature zone for summons (the ones for chocobos and extended scenes don't really bother me for whatever reason), except not quite as bad since you can at least still somewhat see and differentiate the colors.

Heh, well I have 45 trophies now, went ahead and picked up the "practice" and "play demo" trophies since I was going through getting perfect chains on all the expert scores and filling the critical charts for all the basic and expert scores. I did notice that practice does actually serve somewhat of a purpose, coincidentally one that I could use in helping me fill the critical charts faster. I hadn't really paid attention before but I noticed that the triggers are shaded if you haven't gotten a Critical on them, which is the useful part and then the shading gets progressively darker from Great to Good to Bad to Miss (at least I assume it gets darker for Bad and Miss since I didn't actually do any practices where I had any of those). But I still see absolutely no point in the demos other than being a complete waste of time just for the sake of a trophy.