Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Patch 1.2 Released

Patch 1.2 Released

Patch 1.2 Released

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/su....html?gmid=172

This patch is for all retail disc versions of Hitman Bloodmoney.

Is available in English (UK/US), French, German, Italian and Spanish.

Please download/install the correct language patch. You do not have to have installed patch 1.1 previously it is incorporated into this patch.

After installing its advisable that you run the new `Configure.exe` utility that is updated by the patch. This enables users to select which shader model to use in game (FX users rejoice)

This patch contains fixes to the following issues:

- Fixes crash when firing weapon on shaderquality medium on FX cards.
    - Fixes lighting issues when running on shaderquality medium FX cards.
    - Added Shadermodel select to GFX Configuration application (if model is unsupported then defaults to High).
    - "SliOverrde" command added to GFX Configuration application. Select this option to turn off autodetection of Sli as EnableSli command is now performed automatically if SLi hardware configuration detected.
    - Soft shadows and hard shadows were incorrectly labelled in the Render Menu.
    - Installs msvcr71.dll in to application directory in case file is missing from system.
    - Removed optimisation where character models were displayed in LOD3 when redrawn after leaving the screen.
    - Smoothed level opening transition with postfilters disabled
    - Fix to the low performance problems that have been experienced on some hardware configurations.
    - After extended play sessions game could crash to desktop when transitioning between levels.
    - Items could become stuck in mid-air if game was saved and then loaded directly after a throwing action.
    - Hitman Logo on Main Menu could disappear at 1280x720 resolution.
    - Screen borders on cutscenes could be displayed badly at certain screen resolutions.
    - Game could crash if menu is invoked on death sequence after a 3 headshot revival has been performed.
    - Game could crash if when loading and saving within certain locations after making changes to render options.
    - Fix to blurring of Weapon Upgrade Icons when running at LOW in render options.
    - Fix for very occasional graphics corruption when using fibre-wire in 1st person and moving camera very quickly.
    - Fix for slightly oversized Red dot scope zoom.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Do you have to install the first patch first?

Good point, just updated to say u dont need to as its all incorporated

Cool

Looks like an error came in the posted link:

Code:
    http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/...h.html?gmid=172
    Copy/paste from different forum?

Link does work tho, but yeh rather then re-write the whole thing i copy/pasted.. ahh it was fixed

It does now because it seems Xcom fixed it

Hehe no worries was just testing it out didn't need the patch so

Cool

i fixed the link.

Just installed it, and I still get the spinny disc of death and then nothing. Another reinstall and choppy gameplay for me.

Keep trying Eidos!
    (The problems they find now can only help the next game.)

-Nash

Originally Posted by Mr.Nash
    Just installed it, and I still get the spinny disc of death and then nothing. Another reinstall and choppy gameplay for me.

Keep trying Eidos!
    (The problems they find now can only help the next game.)

-Nash
    What graphics card? did u run the configure.exe program before launching?

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Good point, just updated to say u dont need to as its all incorporated
    cool,

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    What graphics card? did u run the configure.exe program before launching?
    Mmhmm. I've done everything at least three times, with the origional version of the game, patch 1.1 and 1.2. Technical FaQs, fixes, and many things in between. I've already put my hardware specs in at least 4 posts about the forums, but I'm running a Radeon X700 on an AMD 2200+ with 1.25 gig of ram.

-Nash

Originally Posted by Mr.Nash
    Mmhmm. I've done everything at least three times, with the origional version of the game, patch 1.1 and 1.2. Technical FaQs, fixes, and many things in between. I've already put my hardware specs in at least 4 posts about the forums, but I'm running a Radeon X700 on an AMD 2200+ with 1.25 gig of ram.

-Nash
    So you CAN get into game with original version? but patch doesnt work?basing that on your `reinstall and back to choppy gameplay` comment..

Just trying to work out where the problems coming from

wow, that helps.

Now where's the list of things this patch breaks?

Im going to try it real soon, thanks Eidos/IOI, where are all the FX people and their feedback? Problably too busy playing the game .

LOL that’s what I thought but I would like to know what the general consensus is before I go out and buy it...

Why no demo patch too?

Originally Posted by Alexlovesguns
    Im going to try it real soon, thanks Eidos/IOI, where are all the FX people and their feedback? Problably too busy playing the game .
    Just installed the patch onto my ageing laptop with it's 5350fx go graphics card, and it works well, not the smoothest still but perfectly playable. (When i tried it before the patch i was reduced to tears by the ridiculous framerate)
    Thanks Eidos
    However, before i get carried away with my gratitude, anyone else encountered guards who "freeze" Hitman looked a bit daft pushing the guards to death whilst they just stood there

here's one GFX user,thats real good,downloading than give feedback about patch

Originally Posted by jimnms
    Now where's the list of things this patch breaks?
    I guess I'll start the list:

Things this patch broke:
    1) Brightness/gamma increases when equipped with certain items in first person view. It goes completely white when equipped with a syringe in certain places.

Things this patch didn't fix:
    1) Game still crashes when reloading after playing for a while.

Having played the game for several hours now after installing the patch, I am really enjoying it. The bodies freezing seemed limited to the training mission and the graphics even on shader 1 setting are pretty good. I've been able to put all the other settings to high, including the resolution and it plays well. I'm sure there will be all sorts of other bugs that will frustrate others but for me, I'm just happy to be able to play this game cos i feared for the worst and all you people whose advice was "upgrade your card", well it's not quite so easy on a laptop is it. Eidos (or IO) seem to (at last) done a good job with this

Originally Posted by sammy
    Why no demo patch too?

Cool

I believe it's been mentioned somewhere that there won't be any demo patches any more.

Originally Posted by jimnms
    I guess I'll start the list:

Things this patch broke:
    1) Brightness/gamma increases when equipped with certain items in first person view. It goes completely white when equipped with a syringe in certain places.
    Aye, I got that problem with the 1.2 patch too.

Another thing is that cheats doesn't work anymore. I understand it's so noone can cheat with the online highscore list which is a good thing, but I think it would have been better to implent something like "IF CHEATS = ON THEN DISABLE HIGHSCORE UPLOAD", instead of removing it. Cause I really like using the slow-motion effects now and then, and I miss it.

Of course, I never used slow-motion if I uploaded my score, and I played thru the game 3 times before I even used it for the first time. So I got some self-control

Well you can cheat on the high score upload quite anoying seeing that all top have SA in a time of 00:00 or 00:01 or 00:02 or 00:03 talk about noobs.
    IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE AT EIDOS LOOKED AT AND MODERATED IT.
    i to also noticed the gamma bug it happens with everything also on death on the Mississippi the outside to inside enginroom light transition is messed up from the entrance under the walkway.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last